MAGIC CANDLE COMPANY SCENTS

Has anyone purchased a wax melt AND a candle? Not necessarily at the same time... I've purchased a candle from MCC but was thinking about giving the wax melts a shot and was curious what the difference might be as far as the scent and potency goes

Excited to see what people think of the new Splash scent, I just ordered the room spray as well as the defuser liquid drops. I'm weird, I love that musty unique water atmospheric smell. :love:

Excited to see what people think of the new Splash scent, I just ordered the room spray as well as the defuser liquid drops. I'm weird, I love that musty unique water atmospheric smell. :love:
please report back! I was expecting bromine with "pirate's life" and it was a huge disappointment.

I'd like to know which others are "shared" between FoP and Soaring, as the Banshee Flight that I bought it only resembles the cave smell, not the "main" smell you get from the clean air in your face while flying over the ocean and the land.

I'd like to know which others are "shared" between FoP and Soaring, as the Banshee Flight that I bought it only resembles the cave smell, not the "main" smell you get from the clean air in your face while flying over the ocean and the land.

Try Fuji ......... you are at the Taj Mahal in Sorin

I am addicted to these stupid fragrance oils. Lol. I cannot say that they all actually smell like what they say they are supposed to, but I have ordered 32 of the oils and most have smelled pretty darn good. I have been sharing my thoughts about them on another thread if anyone is interested. These are my absolute favorite ones:

Haunted
Very Vero
Tiki Terrace
Polynesian
Mine Train
Walt's Office
Wilderness Resort
African Lodge
France
Churro
Haunted Holiday
Pinocchio's Village
Extraterrestrial Forest

https://www.disboards.com/threads/who-has-the-best-disney-scented-candles.3554411/post-60237541

please report back! I was expecting bromine with "pirate's life" and it was a huge disappointment.

I know...me too. It’s so woody and unpleasant on first smelling it. Not what I expected either unfortunately. I end up mixing Pirate Life with Splash in hopes it matches the smell I love.

Yacht_Resort-Candle-Lid_540x.jpg

...I'm hoping this one brings me back to the BC/YC....

Last edited:
Has anyone purchased a wax melt AND a candle? Not necessarily at the same time... I've purchased a candle from MCC but was thinking about giving the wax melts a shot and was curious what the difference might be as far as the scent and potency goes
I've had the candle and wax melts in my favorite scent, Polynesian. The wax melts are way stronger, and have a lot more "throw" in my opinion.

Does anyone know if a sold out candle comes back? Dying to try mouse waffles but it's not longer there!

the yacht club and contemporary are shared

Does anyone know if a sold out candle comes back? Dying to try mouse waffles but it's not longer there!

Oh, wow. I was just on the website last week to place an order as a gift and I didn't realize Mouse Waffles wasn't there. And that was one of the fragrances she asked about but decided to choose Pinnochio Village instead. I know Butterbeer has been missing for quite a while and I'm not sure if it'll be back. Noticed they have a new-ish scent, Germany, and it is supposed to smell like butterscotch, caramel, maple sugar, vanilla, and butter rum. (ETA: That was the description of Butterbeer.)

the yacht club and contemporary are shared

Actually, Yacht / Beach / Contemporary / Floridian are the same. Also
Floridian Christmas / Haunted Holiday are the same.

Last edited:
Can anyone speak to comparing wilderness, which we love, with terror tower ?

looking for colder weather scents to try

The only scents I've tried so far are Haunted and Rome Burning. I enjoy Haunted; it smells like an old house to me (in a good way), but I don't get a Haunted Mansion feel from it at all. Rome Burning, on the other hand, is absolutely spot on for the Rome scene in Spaceship Earth (the candle doesn't smell good unlit, but when it's actually burning the scent is exactly what it should be). Trouble is, how often do you want your room to smell like fake smoke? It's a great novelty scent but I just don't burn it that often.

I know when I get home from my next trip I'll want the Animation scent. I'm holding off on that until after my stay at AoA so I can build up the scent association with the actual resort before I smell the candle version.

I've had the candle and wax melts in my favorite scent, Polynesian. The wax melts are way stronger, and have a lot more "throw" in my opinion.
Hmm...I waffled for ages on whether to go for candles or melts when I bought my first batch, and ended up doing candles. I enjoy the sound of the wooden wicks, but my general feeling has been that they don't throw very well. I've never used wax melts, though, and change scares me (haha). Seriously considering switching it up on the next order, though; I'd have to buy a warmer but that's not a huge deal.

Can anyone speak to comparing wilderness, which we love, with terror tower ?

looking for colder weather scents to try

Which Wilderness, Campground or Resort? Here's my two cents, for whatever it's worth, since scents are so subjective. I really like Wilderness Resort, it's one of my top 10 fragrances from MCC. I tend to like more manly fragrances so I took a gamble and ordered Terror Tower and I do not really like it. To me it smells like old man shaving cream or English Leather cologne, but not in any kind of good way. It's very sharp or something to me, and very strong. I have been mixing just a drop or two into Pinnochio Village to make it tolerable for me. (I have the fragrance oils.) I like leather, and WR has leather notes that's why I took a chance on Terror, but WR is just more of a balanced and smooth blend, to me.

I have only ever smelled Wilderness Campground as an air freshener and I think it might have been a really old one, or it just isn't very strong, because I could barely smell it. I wasn't the biggest fan of that one either. It smelled very herbaceous and also almost peppery to me. There was also a weird smell in there, almost like fenugreek (think pancake syrup). I don't think it smells like Terror at all, really. According to the descriptions, they do share patchouli.

So, I'm not sure that is helpful in any way, but that's my two cents. Maybe try ordering it in a four pack of air fresheners to try it first, vs making a more expensive purchase.

ETA: If you like the pine in Wilderness Resort, you might like Little Old Xmas Shop. Nice for winter. Pumpkin King, Floridian Xmas (same as Haunted Holiday), and Poison Apple are nice for cool weather, too.

Last edited:
Which Wilderness, Campground or Resort? Here's my two cents, for whatever it's worth, since scents are so subjective. I really like Wilderness Resort, it's one of my top 10 fragrances from MCC. I tend to like more manly fragrances so I took a gamble and ordered Terror Tower and I do not really like it. To me it smells like old man shaving cream or English Leather cologne, but not in any kind of good way. It's very sharp or something to me, and very strong. I have been mixing just a drop or two into Pinnochio Village to make it tolerable for me. (I have the fragrance oils.) I like leather, and WR has leather notes that's why I took a chance on Terror, but WR is just more of a balanced and smooth blend, to me.

I have only ever smelled Wilderness Campground as an air freshener and I think it might have been a really old one, or it just isn't very strong, because I could barely smell it. I wasn't the biggest fan of that one either. It smelled very herbaceous and also almost peppery to me. There was also a weird smell in there, almost like fenugreek (think pancake syrup). I don't think it smells like Terror at all, really. According to the descriptions, they do share patchouli.

So, I'm not sure that is helpful in any way, but that's my two cents. Maybe try ordering it in a four pack of air fresheners to try it first, vs making a more expensive purchase.

ETA: If you like the pine in Wilderness Resort, you might like Little Old Xmas Shop. Nice for winter. Pumpkin King, Floridian Xmas (same as Haunted Holiday), and Poison Apple are nice for cool weather, too.
Thank you. Yes I meant wilderness resort. May reorder that and try a more Xmas cent. I do not like poison apple as it’s too.....something for me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!