Magic Bands Upgrade

Does anyone know when the upgraded band options will be back in stock?
Not really. Disney’s official word is they are working to replenish and anything else is speculation.

That being said, this has not been one of their better roll outs and they are fielding lots of calls and shipping extra packages so it’s been quite costly. I speculate stock will flow in pretty quickly. Just guessing but I think the first few weeks of June will be hit and miss but by the time July hits this will be humming nicely.

Dangit, I just went to buy ours today and they're out. Hopefully they'll be back in stock soon.

The 10 days wording would be the same as what it was for just the colored bands, right?

I don't know either way, but if I had to guess at a long-term plan, it would be to ship as soon as you place & pay for the custom order. That way they're not keeping inventory on hand for months or running into the issues seen thus far, that they're out of what someone wants when it's close to their trip. Mind you, if they did that long-term, I don't know how that interacts with reservations that are far enough out to still cancellable with full refund.
They are shipping custom orders right away. I ordered our custom bands on the first day available and we received them over the weekend. The order was shipped complete and correct, thankfully.

I was able to sneak an order in for the castle magic band last Wednesday morning when they restocked for a couple of hours, i got an confirmation immediately after. Then the next day I got an email from disney saying that due to demand the MB I had ordered was OOS and I would be getting a free grey one, and they gave me a code for $15 off a MB at shopdisney and free shipping. Today the package with my band came, and it is actually the castle band I had ordered. So I guess I can get 2 of the upgraded ones for the $10 price each if I want to. The code is good until the end of the year, I think I might wait and see if any new bands that I love come out.

The charge for my previous order from day 1 came through on May 30th, I was charged for the 3 that shipped (not for 4, since one came plain). The replacement for that one hasn't come yet, but assuming it comes this was a mess but in the end we got what we ordered except one son had to go to his third choice since they ran out of his first 2 choices.

They are shipping custom orders right away. I ordered our custom bands on the first day available and we received them over the weekend. The order was shipped complete and correct, thankfully.
Did your box come with your Disney luggage tags? My MBs shipped and come properly, but I didn't actually get any luggage tags.

Ours did not come with the luggage tags. I am hoping those come at some point as they are neat little reminders of our vacations.
I enjoy getting them and they are a small souvenir to keep that doesn't take up too much space. I might actually call the reservation line and ask if I can have some mailed to me.

Did your box come with your Disney luggage tags? My MBs shipped and come properly, but I didn't actually get any luggage tags.
Ours did not come with the luggage tags. I am hoping those come at some point as they are neat little reminders of our vacations.
I did not receive my souvineer luggage tags with my bands (hard plastic and about the size of a credit card). These traditionally have been included with the bands but I received the straps (useless without tags lol). I called a few different numbers - and no one was able to resolve and I gave up after 2.5 hours of calls.

But just as a point of clarification, the DME yellow paper luggage tags are sent out separately from magic bands and I have no reason to believe that magic band changes impact these dme tags from getting sent out.

We just received our MagicBands (Upgraded ones- I was lucky enough to get all 4 of mine in on day 1) and we did not receive the traditional luggage tags, as well. I called and Disney had just released a memo that a lot of the MagicBands that were upgraded, shipped so quickly that they did not include the luggage tags. The CSR at Disney transferred me to someone who was dealing with this situation solely. She verified my reservation and explained what happened and arranged to have them sent out to us that same day - she said they would arrive before our trip (July 13th). I think Disney is trying very hard to fix the issues associated with the Upgrade debockale.

Just adding another "upgraded bands report" to the pile:

Ordered our upgraded bands about a week ago when the second (brief) wave of stock happened. When trying to order, some of the bands were returning error messages and some were not. We managed to find two we liked without running into error messages (Thanos and Dole Whip) and those correct bands arrived today in the mail.

Also received our upgraded bands (4) today that I ordered on Wednesday. No luggage tags were included but we have our ones from last year so I'm not even worrying about that. Just so happy we got all the correct upgraded bands!

We just received our MagicBands (Upgraded ones- I was lucky enough to get all 4 of mine in on day 1) and we did not receive the traditional luggage tags, as well. I called and Disney had just released a memo that a lot of the MagicBands that were upgraded, shipped so quickly that they did not include the luggage tags. The CSR at Disney transferred me to someone who was dealing with this situation solely. She verified my reservation and explained what happened and arranged to have them sent out to us that same day - she said they would arrive before our trip (July 13th). I think Disney is trying very hard to fix the issues associated with the Upgrade debockale.
Do you know which number you called?

I am a smidgen confused on what the actual issue is/what the verbiage is being used.

If it's "sold out," that doesn't make sense because those bands are being sold on ShopDisney site.

So, do they only have so many bands allotted for upgrades, maybe?

If they are just trying to catch up on the massive influx of orders, that's understandable. But, I don't think it's being conveyed that way, so there is a lot of confusion.

Is this option available to international guests?
Since international guests only receive their MBs at the resort during check-in.

I did not receive my souvineer luggage tags with my bands (hard plastic and about the size of a credit card). These traditionally have been included with the bands but I received the straps (useless without tags lol). I called a few different numbers - and no one was able to resolve and I gave up after 2.5 hours of calls.

But just as a point of clarification, the DME yellow paper luggage tags are sent out separately from magic bands and I have no reason to believe that magic band changes impact these dme tags from getting sent out.
We also got the clear straps but no luggage tags for our trip in April. Never called about it since we already have a bunch.

I am a smidgen confused on what the actual issue is/what the verbiage is being used.

If it's "sold out," that doesn't make sense because those bands are being sold on ShopDisney site.

So, do they only have so many bands allotted for upgrades, maybe?

If they are just trying to catch up on the massive influx of orders, that's understandable. But, I don't think it's being conveyed that way, so there is a lot of confusion.
They have different warehouses and inventory, and they are not interchangeable. I was frustrated that the band my son wanted was available on shopDisney but was out of stock for upgrading, and I was ordering in the phone so I know it was actually OOS and not a computer glitch. The CM told me that she could not access shopDisney inventory. They are, however, giving out codes to take $15 off a band on shopDisney to some people who’s order did go through, but they can’t fulfill the order. So that seems to be the only way they are mixing inventory. I do understand, but it’s irritating to see what you want available from another arm of the same company and not be able to get it!

I also received my magic bands last week without luggage tags as well, called to talk to a CM and they said the luggage tags will be shipping separately now. The CM said expect them 30 days prior to your trip.

Good news. We got a shipping notification today. The two missing bands are listed in the email as well so I have high hopes everything is in order. I'm assuming they won't be personalized, but considering how little that really seems to matter (since it's on the underside of the band), I'm not bothered by it.

Yes, it sounds like this is the vast majority of their calls right now. For anyone else dealing with this issue, call them. Be patient and kind to the person on the phone, and they'll do their best to get your situation handled (inventory willing).

Got our corrected bands this morning. One day later than the original FedEx estimation, but they handed it off to the USPS for final delivery. They came in the regular Magic Band packaging with no customization, and they'll have to be linked to our accounts, but I understand that to be a simple process. There will be no names on the underside, but that isn't a huge deal to us.

I guess in the end we did get two solid color bands for free (not sure what I'll do with them). I thought about swapping the pucks around.

Anyway, that's the end of this long saga. I'm satisfied with the solution, but I'm surprised they let it get this far down the road to begin with. Hopefully, they get their ducks in a row soon. I can see this as a very successful option for both Disney and guests.

Is this option available to international guests?
Since international guests only receive their MBs at the resort during check-in.
I was able to order customized premium magic bands as an international guest. But since I ordered (and was billed) the page in MDR shows only solid bands and got an email saying that my order was delayed. In any case my trip is not until early August, and the confirmation email just says that bands will be available at the resort 10 days prior to checkin (they don’t ship internationally, as part of the tech can not be shipped overseas). Hope the delay gets sorted out before my checkin date!

I was going to order decals before I heard about the upgrade. Check out ShopEmilyG on Etsy. They have some really cute decals/ skins, cheaper than the $10 upgrade cost anyway. Reviews seemed good.
I ordered some from her last year! They were great. Just make sure to watch her video and follow the directions for application!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter