Magic Bands staying offsite

DisneyMom53

Earning My Ears
Should I order Magic Bands if we are staying off property? Do we need them? I have some old ones from our last trip in 2018 - would they still work?

Should I order Magic Bands if we are staying off property? Do we need them? I have some old ones from our last trip in 2018 - would they still work?

Depending on how old they might not work for on ride photos that you can't tap after but otherwise for what you need; park entry, Genie+ tapping at rides if you buy it, tapping for photos or scanning for photopass photographers .... it should work fine and much easier than always pulling out your ticket.

Should I get a single magic band just for purposes of using Photo Pass?

Should I get a single magic band just for purposes of using Photo Pass?
If getting ride photos is very important to you, yes. Some are only available via MB. I have heard that the new Mobile Magic can also get ride photos but haven't tried it out for myself yet. I was there last month but due to knee surgery I was not riding much. I do use the phone for park entry.

If you really don't care about ride photos much, then you'd probably not really need it. Some (most) still have tap points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter