Magic Bands & Genie+

evap

Earning My Ears
Hi, everyone! I’m going on a trip in December with my family and we are staying offsite (just cannot justify the prices of a Disney resort for the number in our party…)

I have already purchased our tickets and Genie+. Should I get everyone magic bands? Will that allow us to enter the parks and use our LL passes? Or does everyone need to have MDE on their phone and use that? Is it enough for me to just have everyone’s stuff on my MDE on my phone?

You can use your ticket. It will be like a credit card. Just get a lanyard of some sort.
Only thing it won't be able to do that a new magic band can't do is automatically add photos at some rides. Even then a magic band that is a few years old (with a dead battery) can't do that either.

ETA: anywhere you would tap a magic band or phone, you can tap the ticket.

Thanks! I think I’m going to go ahead and purchase Magic Bands for my group! Now, I’m thinking about waiting until we are in Orlando since there will be a bigger selection in Disney Springs. Will they help us connect them to the correct person? Sorry, I’ve never stayed off property before so I’m used to them arriving all set up!

Guest services can help, but it's very easy to link your own with MDE. Select link more plans, select magic band, enter the number on the back, when you go to the next screen, there is a drop down for your family and friends list, select who you want to link the band to, go to next screen and confirm that you've selected the right person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter