Magic Bands for Back to Back Reservations

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by donnajz, Apr 21, 2017.

1. donnajz

donnajz DIS Veteran

For some strange reason, Disney would not permit making a 15 night reservation at POR so we had to make one 14 night reservation and then a separate 1 night reservation even though the same room type was available. My Disney Experience shows that I can order 2 magic bands since there are 2 separate reservations. Is there any reason I should not order the second magic band? I don't want to cause any unnecessary confusion but it would be nice to have the option of choosing a second color.

2. TinkLoverSam

TinkLoverSam DIS Veteran

Order the second band, they will be interchangeable and you can match them to your outfit .

3. china mom

china mom DIS Veteran

You go ahead and order that second color magic band without fear. Any magic bands you have linked to your MDE will work equally and interchangeably. Some people decline additional bands to be conservationists but if that is not your concern, feel free to order a different color and use each of them as you wish throughout your trip.

I take a minimum of two bands with me each trip and have not had a problem. I have about a dozen currently linked in MDE so I just take whatever colors I am in the mood for.

4. bluefunnel

bluefunnel Mouseketeer

As others have said, all the bands do is confirm who you are through your MDE account so you can access everything.

I have 8 or 9 bands on mine without too many issues.