Magic band+?

Two weeks is not bad at all, it means my trip is literally JUST IN TIME. I'll be there on the 18th... which now that I think is likely "just in time" for the shops' stock of MB+ to be totally picked over and down to the dregs lol. I really hope Disney planned for the insane number of guests this year because otherwise we'll be right back to having no bands available at all. I mean, people in Orlando will buy a park ticket for one day just to go in and buy up dozens of bands to sell on eBay, so I really hope there is a per-person limit. I'll be very happy to get a plain color MB+ as long as it's not orange. At this point I'd be happy to get a plain color old magic band.

Disney press event for MB+ as above. Doesn't show any news designs since sep.

But showing some features. Pretty excited about them tbh

Might be a dumb question---but can Magic Band+'s get wet? That was an advantage for us with the regular magic bands. We could ditch our phones and go to the pool while still being able to get back into our rooms and buy food/drinks.

The thing that MIGHT be concerning is the battery life--- Was watching a livestream, and they said that the CMs were already recharging the battery at around 1-2pm---- not sure if that was after a few days of use, or since the morning only--- I dont think people want to have to recharge the band while they are in the parks---

Has anyone heard any info on the battery life? (Apologies if already mentioned !!).

The thing that MIGHT be concerning is the battery life--- Was watching a livestream, and they said that the CMs were already recharging the battery at around 1-2pm---- not sure if that was after a few days of use, or since the morning only--- I dont think people want to have to recharge the band while they are in the parks---

Has anyone heard any info on the battery life? (Apologies if already mentioned !!).
I can't imagine it dieing in a day. Unless the battery is super tiny. I would expect to charge it over night but not mid day. If it's the case I'm not gonna get one

I can't imagine it dieing in a day. Unless the battery is super tiny. I would expect to charge it over night but not mid day. If it's the case I'm not gonna get one

It may depend on how much you use it to interact with stuff. Some of these bloggers are trying to hit every statue and other interactive element to report on, but the typical guest wouldn't be. I too wouldn't htink it should die too quickly.

Might be a dumb question---but can Magic Band+'s get wet? That was an advantage for us with the regular magic bands. We could ditch our phones and go to the pool while still being able to get back into our rooms and buy food/drinks.
Didn’t see anything on Disneys site but CNET mentioned it being waterproof. I think they need it to be tbh.

It may depend on how much you use it to interact with stuff. Some of these bloggers are trying to hit every statue and other interactive element to report on, but the typical guest wouldn't be. I too wouldn't htink it should die too quickly.

Totally agree, but these werent the bloggers that were recharging them--- they were CMs at the different areas for the press event--- maybe from using them to show the guests how they work?

Maybe I'm missing something, but the investment in Magic Bands was to make things easier for guests to spend money and enjoy their time (which drives higher spending).

Charging something in addition to my phones each time I got to the parks does not make things easier. It's just one more thing that could die on you and then what? You miss out of some park time until you find a quick charge in the park?

Also, from my perspective regarding my kids (all under 7), they love having a themed-magic band on, and tapping around...but I wouldn't want them staring at their band when there is so much to see elsewhere....there's already enough pressures with kids and digital entertainment, I'm not a fan of having one more notification-style gadget distracting my kids.

I got to hand it to Universal...they did it perfectly with the HP wands....since you used the wands in the same manner as in the movie, so the interaction was enjoyable even for little kids.

I think Disney could do better if they wanted to introduce an interactive gadget for kids.....what about the wands and swords from Cinderella's Dining Room and the Stores? Now that would be a neat idea!

Maybe I'm missing something, but the investment in Magic Bands was to make things easier for guests to spend money and enjoy their time (which drives higher spending).

Charging something in addition to my phones each time I got to the parks does not make things easier. It's just one more thing that could die on you and then what? You miss out of some park time until you find a quick charge in the park?

Also, from my perspective regarding my kids (all under 7), they love having a themed-magic band on, and tapping around...but I wouldn't want them staring at their band when there is so much to see elsewhere....there's already enough pressures with kids and digital entertainment, I'm not a fan of having one more notification-style gadget distracting my kids.

I got to hand it to Universal...they did it perfectly with the HP wands....since you used the wands in the same manner as in the movie, so the interaction was enjoyable even for little kids.

I think Disney could do better if they wanted to introduce an interactive gadget for kids.....what about the wands and swords from Cinderella's Dining Room and the Stores? Now that would be a neat idea!
I wonder through the app if there will be an option of switiching things off? I doubt it.

The batteries on these things will last at least 1-2 weeks with continual use. It's more like a FitBit than an Apple Watch. You won't charge these every day.

I don't think the band shows anything. It just vibrates when your close to something to interact with.

I don't think the band shows anything. It just vibrates when your close to something to interact with.

It does not have a screen, just some lights. There are a few different versions of the center image though.

I remember when they had the special PINS that would light up at some locations.... or Talking Mickey.

The batteries on these things will last at least 1-2 weeks with continual use. It's more like a FitBit than an Apple Watch. You won't charge these every day.
not even fitbit, fitbit has the heart rate monitor flashing all the time, drains the battery much faster than you would think.

I think those magic bands will go a month or so with one charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter