Magic band upgrade FRUSTRATING

It’s not actually available for purchase though 🤦‍♀️ I’ve been trying all morning - and it’s always out of stock.
I am amazed that a company like Disney can't figure out a checkout system.

I’m pretty sure this is the Dooney & Bourke magicband that is currently $48 at the parks? So it has a slight discount.
Yes, it's normally $48. Percentage wise the discount isn't as good but for a limited release it's not too bad. Actually being able to order it is another issue though.

Last edited:
I wish I could pick magic bands without personalizing them. Now I need to think of something generic for all of them.

Letting you know my experience ...I tried for about 3 months to get the upgraded magic bands - I became obsessed. Tried for 1st, 2nd, 3rd choices and could never checkout. On the last day I finally picked solid colours so we didn't end up with grey. WE ARE AT DISNEY NOW - Couldn't care less about the magic band on my wrist. We have seen different ones in the stores a and totally feel it is not worth spending the money on. We see a lot of people looking at them in the stores but rarely people buying them.

Meh........I would go to the shop after Space Mountain and get those real custom bands instead and not worry about these....

Has anyone seen Coco bands? My DSis would love that but I don’t want to be looking for the Holy Grail. I have a life, job and other interests 😂

Edited to add: I would love Mary Poppins or Alice and wonder if those have been spotted.

I remember when I just wanted a purple band before they became a colour option, so I’ll be happy with one of those if character choices don’t come up.

Just now they had a new Food and Wine magic band showing up, but the regular price and the "discounted" price were both listed as $29.99.

I understand that most people don't care what they have on their wrists, and it is kind of silly I guess . . . but the heart wants what the heart wants, and I want Donald and Daisy!

I am a little surprised that they don't offer more "couples" for bands. I bet moms and dads would scoop them up. Like Mr and Mrs Incredible, princesses and princes, Woody and Jesse, etc. And dang ol' Donald and Daisy!!!!

Our trip happened a long time ago and we had the same experience. We thought about ordering one B&B and just purchasing the others for our other two kids. I wonder if this perk generates more interest in special bands, or if people just give up and purchase more special bands than they would otherwise? At the end, we just went with the plain bands so that it would be fair to each of my kids.

Its available now
I don't understand why they are able to remove some of the magic bands quicker than others. The epcot one has been there all day yet I have not been able to check out with it.

I don't understand why they are able to remove some of the magic bands quicker than others. The epcot one has been there all day yet I have not been able to check out with it.
They're taunting us... They make us "want" it enough we pay full price when we arrive!

Its available now

You were actually able to complete the checkout process and it’s being shipped to you?! Because it showed “available” all day yesterday AND again this morning but when you actually check out you get the out of stock message. I have 30 days left and will keep trying until then but will probably end up with another solid color one.

I’ve been trying for the Figment one for days and I finally was able to purchase it at 12:53 EDT this morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter