Magic Band Shipping

experiment625

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

It's been a while, but we're finally returning to the World in May for our son's fifth birthday. I just had a quick question about how Magic Bands work for Canadians these days.

I had ordered the bands for 5 out of 7 members of our party a few weeks ago, and MDE seemed to indicate after checking our address that they would be shipping to our home. This was a very pleasant surprise, since last time we were there Canadians couldn't have them shipped in advance.

However, I feel very unclear about a coule of things, and am finding some conflicting information online:
(1) When do the bands ship? (I'm asking because I worry about the constant delays at the border, and also because I don't know how long the two undecided members of our party have to choose or decline theirs);
(2) If they don't ship, do we pick them up in the lobby as we used to do?

Thank you so much!

Agree with PP. No magic bands shipped outside the US. Pick up at the front desk of your resort.

ps since you may order and pay for the bands many months before you arrive, I've found some resorts not so good with retrieving them from storage. They don't have a good organized system for international guests so budget an extra 20 mins at arrival for them to search and search. I would also ask for a basic room card as well when you check in. They may give some push back on this but my experience is the bands work at best 50-50 to open the room door esp on arrival day. Meaning you have to trek back to the desk and stand in line for them to recode the band. The card should open the door and that's important when you're tired after a long day of travel.

3) If you purchased the MagicBand+ make sure they give you the charger for each band
I just brought a couple home yesterday for someone I know that is heading down soon. I asked a cast member if they were included and he said they were. Are you suggesting they are not included?

Hi all! I just wanted to say a big thanks for the replies on this thread. It always drives me bonkers when someone posts, gets help, and then ghosts; we were just dealing with some family health problems.

One new thing that as happened a few days ahead of our trip is that MDE now indicates there are no magic bands associated with our trip. I have no idea how or our selections disappeared! I had confirmed the selections; my only guess is that maybe it's because two people in our party were not getting them? I'm not really sure.

Either way, I'll call Disney tomorrow and update the thread just in case this is a common issue for Canadians.

"Charger is included" is written on each box.
We were just there Feb., chargers were not in the box. She retrieved them from the back room. When she popped out she had an extra in her hand (one of our bands was a regular band) which she gave us as a spare. I don't think she wanted to be bothered putting it back. Now, if you bought them there at a shop, that would probably be a different story.
My point, check the boxes to be sure they are in fact in the box. You don't want to get a last minute surprise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter