"Magic"al Western Part 5

Joe & Joanne

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Castaway Cay Friday
Friday morning arrived with a trip to our designated breakfast area. This was our first trip to our spot for breakfast. I was not too impressed with this arrangement, and Topsiders would be my only choice in the future. Brian and Jacquie showed up and I thanked them for the photo gift. They both looked at me like I was crazy for they had no idea what I was talking about? With both of us being jokesters, I was not too sure if I believed him? They both did look puzzled so Joanne and I figured that the picture went with the dinner as an anniversary gift? Not DCL style though as they have perfected the art of separating money from their guests? We finished breakfast and headed off to Castaway Cay. We got a nice spot with an umbrella at the family beach so we could partake in the activities. We were right in front of the loudspeakers and the DJ played lots of Jimmy Buffet tunes. I was dancing all over the beach while Brian, Jacquie and Joanne tried to stay as far from me as possible! This place is awesome. DCL should arrange to stay there overnight. For lunch we had hamburgers, hotdogs, corn on the cob, ribs and barbecue chicken. We all had some of everything. Even though I normally do not eat ribs, Joanne enticed me and I was not disappointed. Everything was great! The snorkeling trail is very easy to follow and the water contained no Sea-Lice that I observed. MSASP (Joanna) let us use one of their floaties, and I pushed Joanne around the shallows. We had a nice talk with the CMATT clan. We were going to introduce CMATT to MJASP but we were too far away from the MJASP kids for them to be left alone. All in all this was a very nice day with a nice breeze and some rain drops from some passing clouds but the sun never was hidden. We took the tram over to the adult beach. This area is very quiet however I kind of like the activity at the family beach. There is plenty of room for everyone. Sadly we had to end this glorious day so it was back to the ship to pack. Packing did not take so long and we had room left over from the stuff we brought but were not bringing home (Boones Farm in particular). It was off Disney Dreams and then off to dinner. Dreams was ok but as I said before, you have to know Disney to really understand this? Maybe I will have to open all the Disney collectors edition movies I have around here to relive Dreams? I loved Mickey and the opening laser title of Disney Dreams on the curtains.

Leaving the “Magic” Saturday
Quite uneventful. Were up early, finished packing stuff we were carrying off the ship. We went to a mediocre breakfast where we met up with Brian and Jacquie. They mentioned they had just spoken to WDWGoose. GarRy had asked whether we liked our picture? It seems that GarRy and Vicki had purchased this fabulous memento and had it delivered to our room. Folks, let me tell you that the people we met on this cruise are by far the nicest, most interesting people we have ever met on vacation. Thank ya’ll very much! I then got up and scrambled around the ship to find WDWGoose and thank them for the great gift. That was such a beautiful thing to do! After thanking them I went back to breakfast and left the ship. DCL it seems has the crew cleaning from the top down as folks are getting up. There is no need to go upstairs, and by the time you are finished with your breakfast they have most of the ship cleaned and ready for the new guests. Bags picked up the night before were placed in an area on the dock according to colored tags and were easy to find. Porters were available to take your bags to the parking lot to meet your transportation. They do work hard and quickly so treat them to a nice tip! As I mentioned earlier, Wes, our limo driver had trouble with the bags on our trip to the Radisson but he fixed this on the way back. He got us a HUGE Limo for the ride to the airport hotel (Amerisuites Northeast)! Room was available for $69.00 and ready when we arrived at about 10:30 AM. We stayed there for the day relaxing by the pool and took the hotel shuttle to the airport on Sunday morning in the pouring rain. It was fitting to see the rain when leaving. As I mentioned on the DISBoards, every time I stay in Florida it will rain and of course this trip was no exception. Florida weather did not notice me in Key West which was good for the other passengers! Overall experience with the cruise was good. Serious, serious, serious Disney Fans should not read the next segment!

Great trip report. Glad you had a great time and enjoyed your anniversary and did with such style.

Keep on going so you can get some grief from the Disney fanatics. LOL Too much baseball for me, its the Philly fanatic LOL

It would be nice if the "geese" don't have a horse show next May and can rebook with us also. The list is growing. you'll see, it will be an inaugural reunion.

a Dream is a wish your heart makes Joe...

great job peter and jen

I was going to ask if you liked the part in Dreams with the Tickerbell movie clip? I just love the series of things that happen. Don't spoil it for people that haven't seen it, but you know... Tinkerbell.

Fantastic!!! My favorite thing.

Tina :)

Hi Folks:wave:

Peter: Dreams...That is what was over my headboard on the bed. Only point is I DON'T know that stuff! :p

Jen says better open up the movies u have in plastic
yes it was over our bed last cruise not this one

this time we had Second star to the right

do u remember that from the disney dreams show or from Peter Pan
peter

Hi Folks:wave:

In had nothing to associate it with originally, but after Dreams it clicked, however I would not have remembered it from Peter Pan? Deprived childhood, only had a radio growing up but no electricity and the thought of going to see a picture show...well:)

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter