Magellan's Secret Wine Cellar Room

orion2185

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,
Next week our TDR dining reservations open up online to book.
We are staying onsite as resort guest and have access to book online in English

Just wondering how we go about making a request to dine inside the secret wine cellar room at Magellans.

This is our first trip to Tokyo Disney resort and might be the only time we go.
So wanting to make this a special trip for my wife as we will be celebrating our anniversary.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I don’t know this for sure and am just speculating, so take that for what it’s worth. I would think you could make the reservation online, then call and ask them to make a note on the reservation that you have a seating preference just like you would for WDW. Their customer service line has English translators available and you saying “Hi, do you speak English?” will be enough for them to understand that one is needed. It may take a few minutes for one to be available, so just hang on the line after they put you on hold.

You can ask when you arrive & if it isn't full, they will seat you there. If it is full, you won't have the option to wait because it would put them behind for other reservations. So, expect to have a nice meal no matter where you are seated & don't get hung up about this room.

Keep in mind that it is popular largely because it is a "secret." It is tiny, separated from the rest of the restaurant, and the decor is quite literally wine barrels. I personally do not like it. YMMV.

I don’t know this for sure and am just speculating, so take that for what it’s worth. I would think you could make the reservation online, then call and ask them to make a note on the reservation that you have a seating preference just like you would for WDW. Their customer service line has English translators available and you saying “Hi, do you speak English?” will be enough for them to understand that one is needed. It may take a few minutes for one to be available, so just hang on the line after they put you on hold.
This would absolutely not work in Tokyo. They aren't going to hold those tables.

You can ask when you arrive & if it isn't full, they will seat you there. If it is full, you won't have the option to wait because it would put them behind for other reservations. So, expect to have a nice meal no matter where you are seated & don't get hung up about this room.

Keep in mind that it is popular largely because it is a "secret." It is tiny, separated from the rest of the restaurant, and the decor is quite literally wine barrels. I personally do not like it. YMMV.

This would absolutely not work in Tokyo. They aren't going to hold those tables.

Amazing thank you for your reply.

yes, we are just happy to be going to Tokyo Disney

thanks again for your reply
really helpful

We asked when we checked in for our lunch and they said it would be a 45 minute wait. We told them we would skip it. We were pretty hungry. I did get a video of it closing though

I would strongly recommend against the secret room for a first time visit. The main dining room is beautiful, grand, and opulent. The secret room is a much smaller, isolated, and well themed cellar. The secret room is cool for multiple visits but I would never recommend it for a first time as it's a definite downgrade from the main room.

The "secret room" is a cool idea, but IMHO, the main dining room and even the smaller dining room off to the side both have much better ambience and are more interesting for dining.

We were offered the secret room on one of our visits and asked to be re-seated in the main dining room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter