Madagascar

bscs

Mouseketeer
Anybody see Madagascar movie? I just came back from the drive inn. It was really funny. :rotfl: My dd are 7 & 13 and we all liked it a lot. :cheer2:

DD (4) and I went yesterday with some of our friends and we all loved it. Us 3 moms were just giggling!! The ages of the kids were 4 to 13 and everyone was happy!! Woo-Hoo!! :flower:

We saw it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, especially my 4 year old. The ending wasn't as dramatic as many of the Disney/Pixar movies but the whole thing was entertaining. My 4 year old is afraid of most of the Disney/Pixar movies, and Madagascar wasn't scary at all. I loved those little lemurs.

would it be okay for a 3 year old? I noticed it was rated pg...why that rating? any idea?

We can't wait!! Our little 4yo DGS is having a 'Madagascar' BD party cookout this week-end, including we are going to see the movie, so hopefully it is age appropriate :goodvibes. We were very surprised the stores had all the party things available this soon. His mom got the cutest Lion pan to make an Alex cake. I bought him the PC game and soundtrack at Best Buy, however, still looking for a character plush :teeth:.

I don't know if you have Kohl's department stores where you live, but they are selling Madagascar character plush for $5 and also Madagascar books for $5! :wave2:

mtemm said:
would it be okay for a 3 year old? I noticed it was rated pg...why that rating? any idea?

The main reason for the rating is that they say the word butt a few times. Zebra to Lion, "You are biting my butt." I don't allow my kids to say that word, though they've never really heard it because we always say bottom or behind. My 4 year old has seen some other movies and been around other kids who say 'butt.' I've never made a big deal about it either way and have never heard him say it.

Can someone tell me if there are any dark scenes in this movie? Does anyone get killed, any blood, knives, fire etc. The reason I'm asking is that we have not been able to take our DD to any movie because of the loudness and darkness issues. I think she might be getting past this but I'm concerned because every Disney movie has some element of violence in it that really effects my very sensitive child. I'd like to try going to a movie with her but need one that's very light and fun. Thanks for your help.

bizybea said:
I don't know if you have Kohl's department stores where you live, but they are selling Madagascar character plush for $5 and also Madagascar books for $5! :wave2:

OMG busybea...I appreciate the tip....thanks so much!
Yipper, going to town tonight and have a Kohl's there!!!!

swilphil said:
The main reason for the rating is that they say the word butt a few times. Zebra to Lion, "You are biting my butt." I don't allow my kids to say that word, though they've never really heard it because we always say bottom or behind. My 4 year old has seen some other movies and been around other kids who say 'butt.' I've never made a big deal about it either way and have never heard him say it.

Huh?

Butt is a "naughty" word?

Charade said:
Huh?

Butt is a "naughty" word?

It's not that it's naughty however it really isn't that nice of a word. Although booty is much worse than butt IMO. It's not allowed in our house or at my DD's school.

CEDmom said:
Can someone tell me if there are any dark scenes in this movie? Does anyone get killed, any blood, knives, fire etc. The reason I'm asking is that we have not been able to take our DD to any movie because of the loudness and darkness issues. I think she might be getting past this but I'm concerned because every Disney movie has some element of violence in it that really effects my very sensitive child. I'd like to try going to a movie with her but need one that's very light and fun. Thanks for your help.

Yes, there is. I hate to rain on the love fest, but it scared the wee wee out of my niece who is 4 and will be 5 in December. I did not care for this movie AT ALL and I think it will set you back if you take her.

SPOILERS BELOW! CLOSE YOUR EYES!

The main problem in the story is that the lion, when they are exiled, discovers that he is a meat eater unlike the other characters. There are some intense scenes involving him chasing others, not to mention everyone keeps turning into steaks.

There is also a segment where there are many small animals that get eaten by larger animals. In particular, a small duckling is placed in the water only to be gobbled up by a crocodile that comes out of nowhere. After that she was crying to go home.

There are also two skeletons in the movie. When they ask if there are humans there the lemurs point out a skeleton hanging from a parachute harness in a tree. Also, there is a plane that is crashed in the trees. The lemurs have a meeting in it and the king lemur gesticulates with part of the skeleton sitting in a seats on the plane (its arm and hand) - repeatedly.

Not to mention the hippo comes out of the ocean with a crab where her bikini bottom would be and starfish where her bikini top would be and says something like "OK boys, the fun is over" at which point the crab lets go and the starfish jump off.

And at one point Chris Rock says, "Sugar Honey Ice Tea" <-- look at the caps and see what he really meant.

I loved the movie, but like both Shrek movies, It has some adult humor. My cousin Nathan (4) absoulutly loved it, and so did I. But it might not be right for all kids.

I thought it was great. I love animated movies, and the semi-adult jokes they put in them. I don't have children though so I don't have to worry about if it is too mature or not. It's really funny so if your looking for a laugh go see it! :flower:

We just got back from seeing Madagascar. There were just as many of us without little kids as with. It is very funny. I loved the penguins!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter