Mad Hatter Party Photos

Maggimus

DIS Veteran
I know this has been posted a Gajillion times.... and im sorry to do it again.

Im looking for photos (just photos) from Mad Hatter Parties-- be them receptions, tea parties, anything. If you have some would you post them here? I know people have posted them quite a few times but im looking for inspiration and cant find them.

Thank you SO much!! :ccat:

Thanks Laura-- there have been few more parties than that and I was hoping to find more pictures of different parties that have been posted.

Im mainly looking for photos of decor, cakes, favors, etc...

I know very few respond to old threads being bumped so I was hoping someone would see this who had a party and re-post some photos... Thanks :)

Really just look up Mad Hatter cakes online and you will get tons. That's what I did for our reception we are having here. Also I have seen people give cups and saucers and small tea sets as favors. I hope others post pics for you.

For those who have had people make your cakes at home (not at disney)-- how do you get the pans that lean? Is there somewhere to buy them or is there a technique in knotching the cake out in a section to make them lean? If you havent done a leaning cake I would LOVE to see those photos as well!

Maggie,
You might try using a regular base then on the next base cut the top of diagonally, using dowels to suport the two layers. If adding the third tier do the same. On DFTW that aired on food network last night they mentioned holding them toegtehr with dowels, and I just assumed that they sliced the top portion off.It seems that the trick would be to have the cake stacked in such a way that it isn't too heavy on one side.

Maggie,
You might try using a regular base then on the next base cut the top of diagonally, using dowels to suport the two layers. If adding the third tier do the same. On DFTW that aired on food network last night they mentioned holding them toegtehr with dowels, and I just assumed that they sliced the top portion off.It seems that the trick would be to have the cake stacked in such a way that it isn't too heavy on one side.

yikes... haha I can just imagine my cake caving in on me!! I wonder if they stack then decorate or try and decorate and then stack (I dont know how they could do that without messing up thought). If they stack then decorate i would be so afraid that it would cave in on me... especially since its leaning. :scared:

Wow that answers my questions-- very very helpful, thank-you!

Good luck if you're doing a cake. I don't think I could. I would love to be able to but I'm not so savvy in that area. :laughing: Post some pics if you are able to make one!

OurWedding094-1.jpg

maggie- pics form my mad hatter bridal shower my sis threw for me

invite.jpg

invite

100_2078.jpg

these cookies were favors

100_2469.jpg

as were these little tea cups we put together we found cheap at marshalls

DCP_1940.jpg

cake

DCP_1941.jpg

we had bright collored table cloths and big signs everwhere that said "eat me" "drink me" etc.

DCP_1943.jpg

food

DCP_1950.jpg

everyone wore funny hats

DCP_1956.jpg

you can see some of teh tablecloths

she also had signs outside coming into teh house that said "which way?" "this way" etc. etc. it was cute

hope this helps!

heather thanks for posting those. That cake looks way more do-able! Now ill just have to figure out how to get all of those colors on there and what kinda of frosting/creme stuff to do it with. Ha:goodvibes

thanks maggie. the reason I wanted a cake like that and not the "smooth" looking frosting is b/c the frosting I had was well...frosting, and SO good. the smooth kind is not really that edible and pretty nasty. plus, this way was WAY cheaper and just as cute IMO!

I can't resist posting photos of our Mad Hatter Themed reception :yay:

We had it at the Wonders Lounge in The Wonders of Life Pavillion in Epcot in case anyone was wondering where you get a big Circus tent in the middle of all your photos :)

Here's the cake table with some of our extra hats laying around we ordered at Oriental Trading Company to leave on each chair as guests arrived (of course we encouraged all of our guests to wear wacky hats). Excuse the Epcot people in the photo ready to take our cake away to finish cutting it!

IMG_0459.jpg

Here's a closeup of our centerpieces. My mom got a bunch of teapots from Goodwill and a friend painted them all different bright colors. They were filled with swirly lollipops, chocolate playing cards, birds of paradise, etc:

TG07642-6-06.jpg

TG08952-6-06.jpg

Overview of the room, we had standard white tablecloths and a different bright colored overlay on top for each table.

TG07662-6-06.jpg

Favors, wedding tins bought at Michaels filled with little chocolates shaped like teacups & teapots (bought the molds on ebay and used different colored chocolate), tied with a red ribbon:

TG07652-6-06.jpg

Our menu cards:

MenuCards.jpg

MenuCardCloseup.jpg

We had Alice In Wonderland songs playing as everyone entered, like Painting the Roses Red, etc, and The Queen of Hearts & Mad Hatter to entertain everyone, and this dessert:

1Teacupdessertbefore.jpg

I was trying to figure out how to get paper Chinese lanterns overhead but it was going to be too difficult. And for our save the date magnets we had a picture of the White Rabbit showing his pocket watch to Alice with "Save the Date & Don't be Late...".

There's so many ways to have fun with this theme!

--Tess

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter