Mad As Rabbits: A Disneyland pre-trip report.

I'm going to have to agree 100%

I loooove the NBC overlay! I cannot talk about it enough :)

It does seem somewhat lacking when its not, but thats just me. I also agree on IASW! I looove it all Xmas-ed up! So cute !!

It's not just you, Jas! And it is not just a generational thing, either, like I have heard suggested in the past. My friends and I are very old women and started going on the original HM back in the '70s, and we STILL now prefer the HMH version! One of my fellow middle-aged friends said that very thing last December - she said she had no interest in the regular Haunted Mansion now because she loves the HMH so much, and she was never very detail-oriented about Disney things, but she suddenly started pointing out all these details to me (like the way the adhesive 'tape' is cut on the Christmas presents in the ride!!!) about the HMH ride! When she starts noticing the jagged tape on a present, I know she loves it!:rotfl: It is not that I won't go on the regular HM again - if ever I am there at a time when the regular one is running - but now it seems very lackluster because the HMH is such a feast for the eyes - a spectacle. I hate to say it. It is always a great ride, but it is SOOOOOOOO much more exciting in the HMH overlay.

And, of course, I LOVE the IASW Holiday too - i love everything about it. I think the outside of that facade at night is so gorgeous, I could stand there and stare at it for hours.

Yay for holiday transformations!! HMH and IASW fans unite!!!:yay::yay:

I'm confused...how did I never post here? I thought I did. Did you create a new one? It was in my User CP...:scratchin

anywho, I'm here and glad your trip is ON!

Oh that's what I forgot to mention earlier (Cherbear reminded me) - Michele, I am so glad your DLR trip looks like it is on now! I know it has been difficult to get your hopes up and really start planning because it seemed like there were a lot of hurdles in the way, but I am crossing my fingers that this trip happens for you as hoped! For a while I had been saying to myself, "Oh well, the holidays are a long ways away...I will wait until later in the year to figure out if it is a possibility to go to DLR around the holidays." Now here we are at June, and now would be the time to start thinking a little more about it and if there is a possibility of pulling it off during the holidays, and if so, for how many days, what kind of $$$ is available, etc. It's funny how one day it seems like you have loads and loads of time and don't have to start figuring out your plan for a long time, and then all of a sudden, half the year is practically over and it's time to start planning!

Yes! Thank you!:goodvibes In fact, I am very old, so that is me as a 4-year-old in 1972!:scared1::scared1::scared1: Mickey was odd looking back then.

don't call yourself old...you are obviously a big kid! :goodvibes :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Mickey sure has changed over the years. In fact, they made him look YOUNGER! :rotfl:

don't call yourself old...you are obviously a big kid! :goodvibes :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Mickey sure has changed over the years. In fact, they made him look YOUNGER! :rotfl:

Yep - a big kid at heart, that's for sure (I think we all have that in common here on the DIS)!

Mickey does look more youthful now - I guess, in typical California fashion, he had 'some work done' to maintain his looks!:rotfl: Actually, have you ever checked out the Disney Nostalgia pictures thread (started by Bonofreak)? I think Michele and everyone here has seen it. In it, someone posted a photo of a reaaaalllllllly old version of Mickey - he has mine beat, hands down - where Mickey was wearing like tights and a turtleneck or something similarly crazy. He had a skinny body and a giant head! If you haven't seen that thread, check it out.

Yep - a big kid at heart, that's for sure (I think we all have that in common here on the DIS)!

Mickey does look more youthful now - I guess, in typical California fashion, he had 'some work done' to maintain his looks!:rotfl: Actually, have you ever checked out the Disney Nostalgia pictures thread (started by Bonofreak)? I think Michele and everyone here has seen it. In it, someone posted a photo of a reaaaalllllllly old version of Mickey - he has mine beat, hands down - where Mickey was wearing like tights and a turtleneck or something similarly crazy. He had a skinny body and a giant head! If you haven't seen that thread, check it out.

well Michele's is the only DL thread I've ever been on. One day when I finally get to plan a trip, I'll peruse the DL boards! :goodvibes For now I can *try* to find that thread...think it's on the first couple of pages? If not can you link me?

well Michele's is the only DL thread I've ever been on. One day when I finally get to plan a trip, I'll peruse the DL boards! :goodvibes For now I can *try* to find that thread...think it's on the first couple of pages? If not can you link me?

Here is a link to the page (page 11) on which the Mickey picture I told you about appears in the Nostalgia Pictures thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1988546&page=11

It is the very first picture, from GoofyontheHighSeas. See Mickey's tights and what appears to be a long-sleeved shirt or sweater? And that human-sized body but an enormous head! I guess they didn't have as much of a budget in those days to spend on things like character wardrobe!!:rotfl:

Here is a link to the page (page 11) on which the Mickey picture I told you about appears in the Nostalgia Pictures thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1988546&page=11

It is the very first picture, from GoofyontheHighSeas. See Mickey's tights and what appears to be a long-sleeved shirt or sweater? And that human-sized body but an enormous head! I guess they didn't have as much of a budget in those days to spend on things like character wardrobe!!:rotfl:

Oh my gosh, what a great thread! thanks for the link. The Mickey and Minnie "costumes" in that picture made me go :eek:

He's lucky to have that picture for sure.

By the way this banner flashing telling me about "buy 3 days, get 2 more days & nights FREE" is really giving me the DL bug...hehe

I actually mentioned DL to DH last night. If we can't do the trip we want to do (which also, coincidentally :rolleyes1, involves Disney ;))

I am not usually a fan of change but I :love::love::love:the NBC layover! :love: it!

I also like the Xmas IASWAA ::santa::

Kody the original starter of the thread doesn't like the original HM and she :love::love::love::love::love: HMH. That is one of my main reasons for liking it more. It was a great joy riding it with her.

I'm going to have to agree 100%

I loooove the NBC overlay! I cannot talk about it enough :)

It does seem somewhat lacking when its not, but thats just me. I also agree on IASW! I looove it all Xmas-ed up! So cute !!

Now IASW is another story, I love the decorations but :scared1: we were stuck in the final tunnel during the ride in December 2005 behind a very long line of boats. And we were treated to listening to Deck The Halls and Jingle Bells, with Small World playing in the background. But that said I am so anxious to ride on it and see all the beautiful changes.:goodvibes:

Oh my gosh, what a great thread! thanks for the link. The Mickey and Minnie "costumes" in that picture made me go :eek:

He's lucky to have that picture for sure.

By the way this banner flashing telling me about "buy 3 days, get 2 more days & nights FREE" is really giving me the DL bug...hehe

I actually mentioned DL to DH last night. If we can't do the trip we want to do (which also, coincidentally :rolleyes1, involves Disney ;))

The price right now is so good and if you stay offsite it is actually pretty cheap but for you the flying is where the cost goes up. The wonderful thing about Disneyland is you can stay offsite and still be in walking distance and see Disneyland from your hotel room.

The price right now is so good and if you stay offsite it is actually pretty cheap but for you the flying is where the cost goes up. The wonderful thing about Disneyland is you can stay offsite and still be in walking distance and see Disneyland from your hotel room.

ah, yeah, those flights are killer!!

Awesome! And I saw that there were a lot of hotels that qualify for the offer. ('Good Neighbor Hotels') so I'm assuming it's those you refer to...

ah, yeah, those flights are killer!!

Awesome! And I saw that there were a lot of hotels that qualify for the offer. ('Good Neighbor Hotels') so I'm assuming it's those you refer to...

Yeah but there a lot that are not good neighbors. When I am on my other computer I have a website with this map of all of the hotels in the area. There are so many of them that Disney is not good neighbors with them. I have no concept of DW and the fact that staying onsite is the best way. I was surprised when I researched DW and saw that basically you want to stay onsite. When at Disneyland there actually offsite places such as a Best Western and a few others that are actually closer walks that two of the onsite hotels.

Time to dust off this old relic and get going again. I wasn't going to plan because everytime I do something happens but yesterday after talking with my darling husband the plans for a December trip started up again. :cheer2: Yay for DH!:cheer2: Honestly I had all but given up on going because everytime I planned something the dates were wrong or whatever. Then add in Kody's health problems, first the headaches and then the Mono I got a little side tracked, but as of yesterday the trip is back in the planning stage. But unless Disney comes up with some outstanding deals we are going to stay offsite. I cannot justify to myself staying for such high prices.

So the dates now that I am shooting for are November 30- December 5, 2009. :santa: A somewhat holiday trip. Disneyland will be all dressed up for the holiday without the huge crowd. And I have a friend who is going to the resort for the first time and she is hoping to go for her 60th birthday so I am going to help her plan. Boy am I excited for her. I cannot even imagine waiting that many years to go. The ride that she most wants to ride is the teacups a ride she has wanted to ride since childhood. So wish me luck on my trip and planning hers. I am going to try to get her to join Disboards there is nothing better to help build that excitement. :hyper:

Now I am off to plan and play on the internet. I will keep you all informed.:sunny:

YAY....

It is on again

you going to put up a ticker?

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

YAY....

It is on again

you going to put up a ticker?

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

No, I refuse to use a ticker this time. Everytime I do it seems to curse the trip. I am not taking any chances this trip!:rotfl:

:yay: Back on! :yay:

Perfect dates! All the holiday decorations are up but the holiday crowds are not there yet... at least it is that way at WDW so I'm assuming it's the same at DL. :thumbsup2

:yay: Back on! :yay:

Perfect dates! All the holiday decorations are up but the holiday crowds are not there yet... at least it is that way at WDW so I'm assuming it's the same at DL. :thumbsup2

Exactly. I am so thrilled at the thought. Now, it better stay on or I may hurt Scotty.

:rotfl2:

Yeah but there a lot that are not good neighbors. When I am on my other computer I have a website with this map of all of the hotels in the area. There are so many of them that Disney is not good neighbors with them. I have no concept of DW and the fact that staying onsite is the best way. I was surprised when I researched DW and saw that basically you want to stay onsite. When at Disneyland there actually offsite places such as a Best Western and a few others that are actually closer walks that two of the onsite hotels.

oh yeah, absolutely. Staying on site is the way to go at WDW! Does DLR have Extra Magic Hours like WDW does?

oh yeah, absolutely. Staying on site is the way to go at WDW! Does DLR have Extra Magic Hours like WDW does?

They have Magic Mornings, where you get in the park like an hour early. You can get one if you buy your tickets from the right retailer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter