• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lyphoma

:hug: So sorry you are still waiting. I am sure its frustrating and nerve wracking. You want and need answers. Have they told you what the delay is?

Hang in there. Sending you prayers and good thoughts for all the best.

My husband is a survivor of Hodgkins Lymphoma.(originally diagnosed in 1992) For me I think the worst part was waiting for results. Once we had results and knew what he was dealing with it got easier. I can't promise you a smooth road, but you can get through it!
It has been almost 6 years since the doctor said to me "say goodbye, there is nothing else we can do for your husband." Now we are planning a family Disney trip in August and he will be there!!!!!

As far as how hard the treatments are, that depends. There were times when DH was on so many steroids that he couldn't sit still. He cleaned all my cabinets, the pantry and everything else he could find. :lmao:

Good luck to you and your DH, I hope the news is good. As others have said, let me know if you have any more questions.

Just adding my success story. My DH was diagnosed with non-hodgkins lymphoma back in 1987, about six months after we started dating. We were in our early twenties.

I hope you get some answers soon. :grouphug: I agree that the waiting is the worst. However, I also wanted to share a success story with you because when my family was waiting, all I wanted to do was know that there were success stories. My sister, at the age of 32, was diagnosed this past July with non-hodgins lymphoma. In December she was in complete remission. Good luck!

My husband is a survivor of Hodgkins Lymphoma.(originally diagnosed in 1992) For me I think the worst part was waiting for results. Once we had results and knew what he was dealing with it got easier. I can't promise you a smooth road, but you can get through it!
It has been almost 6 years since the doctor said to me "say goodbye, there is nothing else we can do for your husband." Now we are planning a family Disney trip in August and he will be there!!!!!

As far as how hard the treatments are, that depends. There were times when DH was on so many steroids that he couldn't sit still. He cleaned all my cabinets, the pantry and everything else he could find. :lmao:

Good luck to you and your DH, I hope the news is good. As others have said, let me know if you have any more questions.

My Mom had Lymphoma and this was her with the steroids as well. I stayed with her a few times on weekends during the process and she went from her norm of falling asleep at 8 pm and me needing to be quiet so I didn't disturb her to much to Still awake and going strong at 1 am and me begging to go to sleep. (I had a 2 year old at the time!) She's been cancer free for years now and her whole ordeal was about six months from diagnosis to the last follow up appointment. Now she goes once a year, I think, for a check up with them.

Just wanted to add my success story.My 83 year old mum was diagnosed 3 years ago;high grade and aggresive. She was to have 6 chemo transfusions,after 3 was told that she was clear! but had two more anyway!She is so well now,and at the grand old age of 86 is still enjoying her life! Lots of good luck to you both. Linda

Mom had NHL 5 years ago. They treated her with Rituxan, not chemo. Quite expensive, but NO side effects other than a little fatigue. It is much more commonplace as a treatment now.

She's great! You will come through this. The Lymphoma Society of America online has great reading and resources!:surfweb:

Got the wonderful news yesterday that it is not lymphoma:thumbsup2 Dh still has testing to be done but in a few weeks he will get a hip replacement and when that heals they will replace the other one.It will be a long time out of work and money will be tight(thank goodness for the tax refund).I had so many other plans for that money:) Again just want to say THANK YOU to everyone for your kind words and encouragement.Thank you for sharing your stories and willingness to help a stranger.Today dh and I are enjoying the day and tommorow we will plan how to cope with him out of work(he has been home 3 weeks so far and 2 months ago he was out 4 weeks so all his vacation,and benefit time is used) Today is a beautiful day:grouphug:

Got the wonderful news yesterday that it is not lymphoma:thumbsup2 Dh still has testing to be done but in a few weeks he will get a hip replacement and when that heals they will replace the other one.It will be a long time out of work and money will be tight(thank goodness for the tax refund).I had so many other plans for that money:) Again just want to say THANK YOU to everyone for your kind words and encouragement.Thank you for sharing your stories and willingness to help a stranger.Today dh and I are enjoying the day and tommorow we will plan how to cope with him out of work(he has been home 3 weeks so far and 2 months ago he was out 4 weeks so all his vacation,and benefit time is used) Today is a beautiful day:grouphug:

Wonderful news!!!

Thank God, that's fantastic! Hoping your husband's hip heals well after surgery. Keep us posted on his progress.

Glad everything worked out for you. i'm glad we could help ease your mind. Even though there will be a financial burden while your husband is out of work, I'm sure you are relieved as it is temporary and you can rebuild in good health!!!

That is great news! I have been checking this thread all week! Everything will be ok, and I am sure you will be in the thoughts and prayers of alot of us here! Yes, it is a beautiful day, I can almost hear the relief in your words.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter