LURKYLOO's Wedding Trippie: Morocco/Attic/Lower UK: Wedding Album + Gown Preservation

Yay! I'm so glad the reviews are helpful! :goodvibes Thanks for all the sweet comments, too!

Brazilian wax?! Have you done it before? Is it horribly embarassing? I mean - I wouldn't ask - but you posted it on here...

Um, yeah, I was wondering if that was TMI.... I just figured most people wouldn't know what exactly a Brazilian entails! :rotfl: I'd done it once before and thought it wasn't so bad, and somehow I got the idea that it was THE thing to do for one's honeymoon. After Round #2 I can say that it is definitely NOT :scared: :faint: ...

I am now rethinking Mandara Spa. Is there anywhere else you would have gone at Disney?

Convenience was my No. 1 reason too. None of the other Disney spas do Brazilians, so I would have had to go off property into deepest darkest Winter Park (even the Gaylord Palms doesn't do them - apparently I am some sort of deviant for wanting one... :upsidedow ). What I really should have done was gone to Bliss in L.A. before I left - so I guess my vote is to get it done before you leave for WDW... or not at all! :eek:

It was nice meeting you and running into you while at Disney. I loved your hats.

Hee hee! It was high-larious how often we ran into each other. Thanks again for the TOT line tip!

great format carrie! i didn't have xochitl do my nails, it was some other girl, i can't remember her name now.

Ah-ha - I think your girl was there that day... watching TV in the reception area and making out with her boyfriend - classy!!

I'm curious to know how the tuxes at Carolyn Allen's works. Did you have to go try them on before hand or when you were in Orlando a couple of days before your wedding you took care of all that?

DH and the Best Man each were measured at tux shops in L.A. that are part of the Jim's Formalwear network. I had DH try on a similar tux in L.A., but apparently they are not standardized except for the type of collar (peak, notch, etc.). Then, on Saturday before the wedding, CA brought out DH and BM's tuxes for them to try on at our hotel in Orlando. DH's just needed the sleeves lengthened and a different tie. BM's was a size too big, but all they could do was alter the sleeve and leg lengths. :sad2:

Aww Carrie,you have such a fresh and classic face girl.You looked gorgeous,you have beautiful skin :)

The reviews are so helpful...can't wait to hear more :)

I'm glad you started your TR. I can't wait to read more.

Great format! You are so organized! I mostly lurked on your PJ and I have really been looking forward to your TR.

Your photos are amazing! I think, based on your experience, the Roots will be serious competition for other photographers.

Your makeup looks fantastic! I'm a very pale girl too (nautral redhead, cannot tan, I've been told I glow in the dark, etc.) so it is good to know Patricia had a foundation solution. You look so beautiful!

I'm sorry your waxing experiences were so bad. You'd think Disney would have top quality spas because it is such a popular resort destination. At least because of all the weddings... they provide everything else, why not make it easier for a bride to get good beauty treatments?

Congratulations to you and Patrick! Can't wait to read more.

I love you vendor reviews, i was curious, how much did carol allen charge for steaming and delivery of your dress? and by the way i would be annoyed paying more for shipping if i already knew for sure that it was cheaper.

your wedding looked so fantastic. all that planning and hard work paid off.

I was curious, how much did carol allen charge for steaming and delivery of your dress?

The cost breakdown:
$ 85.00 Steaming
$ 15.00 Storage and Delivery
$ 35.00 Shipping (no cleaning)
$ 8.78 6.5% sales tax
------------------------------
$ 143.78 Total

This is a lot more than the $80 I budgeted under "Steaming" in my little spreadsheet, but totally worth the convenience....

Friday, February 1

Unfortunately, Day One is very boring because we spent almost all of it traveling.

I got up early but blew half an hour posting my farewells on the message boards, like a NERD! Still, I had enough time to get everything together and out the door relatively smoothly.

Here is a picture of Dr. J attempting to come along for Mommy & Uncle Daddy’s wedding... He's winking at you...

IMG_6035.jpg

And here is a picture of all the luggage we took for a wedding and 2-week honeymoon: 1 suitcase, 1 carry-on and 1 backpack apiece. Not too shabby, but more than I’ve ever taken on a trip anywhere except my 3-week high school choir trip to Europe (when I brought along a pair of cheap undies for every single day so I wouldn’t have to do laundry...)

IMG_5954.jpg

Not shown is a ginormous box we shipped to our first hotel, containing:

- 130 announcement/reception invites to be mailed the day after our wedding
- our custom bride & groom ears
- ceremony programs
- CD of ceremony music
- personalized mouse ear favors for our guests
- alligator cake knife
- cake topper, which DH made
- my two fascinators
- fake bouquet for Magic Kindom photo shoot
- Blurb photo guest book and two Slickwriter pens

I became a huge fan of shipping stuff on this trip. It was so convenient, and it enabled us to take along the comforts of home. I shipped my dress and shrug to Carolyn Allen, where they were stored, steamed, and delivered to me on the wedding day and then picked up and packed up to be shipped back home.

The dress and shrug get ready for their big trip!

IMG_6045.jpg

Thanks to a DIS Boards tip, I also had two cases of bottled water from Costco.com – about $7.50 apiece (including shipping!) – delivered to the Beach Club Villas, and it saved us a ton on water in the parks.

Going through security and checking our bags at LAX went smoothly. We got our first wedding congratulations from the ticket agent, which was nice. We had a nonstop flight and got in to MCO a few minutes early. Our bags arrived safe and sound (my big worry).

When we saw the line at Alamo to pick up our rental car, I was SO glad I had prepaid online (which got us a discount on top of the great rate we found through a code on Mousesavers.com). All we had to do was put a credit card in the kiosk, press the “No” button six bazillion times to refuse various additional services, then take the printout to the garage. I had never seen car pick-up the way Alamo does it: All the cars are just parked in the garage, and people go to the section for the class of car they rented and pick one out.

It was a free-for-all – people were dashing all over trying to get the best cars. I watched as all the 4-doors were snatched out from under us, and we ended up with a 2-door Pontiac G6 with a rock in its tire (or something – it made a fwapping noise for our entire trip). We called it “the O Mobile” cuz it’s the car Oprah gave away on her show...

IMG_5984.jpg

We drove straight to my hotel, the glamorous Sheraton Safari Inn. I am a total Disney hotel snob, but I had enough Starwood Preferred Guest points for two free nights here – nothing to sniff at when you’re taking a 16-day trip! So I stayed there our first two nights (DF stayed in his fambly’s cheapo condo rental in the boonies).

Feel the glamour!

13_Sheraton_Safari_exterior_wall.jpg

This is what our room looked like, except without the sassy zebra-print bedspreads, the plant, or the charm….

Sheratonroom.jpg

The Command Center

IMG_4975.jpg

From there, we headed over to Downtown Disney for our first ADR, at Raglan Road. On the way to dinner, we picked up our Disney Dining Experience cards at Downtown Disney Guest Relations. These don’t seem like that great a deal anymore now that using them adds an automatic 18% gratuity to the bill (the DDE discount is 20%), but I guess we were gonna have to tip anyway.... The cast member tried to tell us that we couldn’t purchase one without active Annual Passes (we had the DFTW AP vouchers), but I drew on my DIS Boards research to let her know it was OK - hee hee!

While we were eating dinner, we started to take pictures of our food for the boards and then realized that we’d forgotten our Gorillapod, an adjustable tripod I learned about on the DIS (thanks Crystal!) and bought especially for our trip. Argh!

gorillapod-776476.jpg

We love the Gorillapod because we can take shots of the two of us together by affixing it just about anywhere. I was so disappointed, but then I got the idea to call our wedding photographers and see if they knew where we could get one. By this time it was about 9:30pm, but we knew they’re night owls, so we thought it was OK to call. They were so cool – they said they’d do some research and get back to us; when they called back, it turned out they’d gone to some random late-night camera store near their house and bought us the closest thing they could find.

So at 11pm we drove to their house in Celebration to pick it up, and we got to meet Jensey in person for the first time – she’s a huge WDW fan, and just as sweet and friendly as Nathan! It was really fun (but their cute little doggie was at Grandma’s house, so we didn’t get to meet him).

We got a leetle bit lost coming back from Celebration, which was to be a theme of our adventures in the O Mobile for at least a week. Is California the only state that gives you a highway on-ramp in the opposite direction to match every off-ramp...? It was verrrry late when we finally returned to the Sheraton....

...And that is the story of the first day of our trip!

I need one of those tripods! That is friggin' cool!!!

Can't wait for more!!

I need one of those too! And it looks like a cool gift for my dad, if it will hold a digital slr.

Can't wait to hear the rest! LOL at Sheraton Safari. It's convenient, if not much else.

So glad you started this trip report - you have already given me one valueable bit of info. I was wondering if we could purchase the DDE card with just the voucher and according to your journal, the answer is YES. Can't wait to read more and check out more photos.

Thanks,
Linda

Friday, February 2

Eeeek! Friday, February 1st!!!

When we saw the line at Alamo to pick up our rental car, I was SO glad I had prepaid online (which got us a discount on top of the great rate we found through a code on Mousesavers.com). All we had to do was put a credit card in the kiosk, press the “No” button six bazillion times to refuse various additional services, then take the printout to the garage. I had never seen car pick-up the way Alamo does it: All the cars are just parked in the garage, and people go to the section for the class of car they rented and pick one out.

We had a similar experience EXCEPT: I don't remember which rental company we went through, it wasn't a mad house, Chuck had booked through work and is some sort of emerald member or something, he still had to check in at the counter, but it wasn't bad. Okay... the similar part? We got to go down the 'Emerald' rows and pick our own vehicle. We got a really nifty Toyota 4-Runner. It was awsome. I want one now. I looooooooved driving it!

The Command Center

IMG_4975.jpg

Wow! Love this. Love how organized you are!

While we were eating dinner, we started to take pictures of our food for the boards and then realized that we’d forgotten our Gorillapod, an adjustable tripod I learned about on the DIS (thanks Crystal!) and bought especially for our trip. Argh!

gorillapod-776476.jpg

We love the Gorillapod because we can take shots of the two of us together by affixing it just about anywhere. I was so disappointed, but then I got the idea to call our wedding photographers and see if they knew where we could get one. By this time it was about 9:30pm, but we knew they’re night owls, so we thought it was OK to call. They were so cool – they said they’d do some research and get back to us; when they called back, it turned out they’d gone to some random late-night camera store near their house and bought us the closest thing they could find.

So at 11pm we drove to their house in Celebration to pick it up, and we got to meet Jensey in person for the first time – she’s a huge WDW fan, and just as sweet and friendly as Nathan! It was really fun (but their cute little doggie was at Grandma’s house, so we didn’t get to meet him).

That's exactly what I was envisioning when we were talking about it on Saturday night! I ALMOST bought Chuck one before we left. How much do you loooove it? That was super, super sweet of the Roots to pick that up for you. And how cool that you got to meet them ahead of time!

Report is great so far. :woohoo: You keep writing and I'll keep reading! :laughing:

I need one of those too! And it looks like a cool gift for my dad, if it will hold a digital slr.

Can't wait to hear the rest! LOL at Sheraton Safari. It's convenient, if not much else.

where did you get the gorillapod?!

I hate asking strangers to take our picture

Joby is the company and you can order directly from there sight, and it's now available in a bunch of colors too. And they come in larger sizes for SLRs too!

Thank you! :)

Now get to work and post your trip report :mad:

At work! (hard to tell, I know)

No pics yet! (can you imagine the anger at starting a TR with no pics??)

And my nights have been swampped since we got back!!! But I promise soon.

I now return you to my amazing, beautiful, wedding twin's TR: :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter