Luggage only transport?

jbrinkm

Mouseketeer
We're doing half WDW and half Universal during this summer trip and hearing about lines at POP's guest services for luggage check/hold has me worried about the day of our check out at POP and getting to the park still for rope drop. I'd also love to somehow get my luggage to HRH's guest services to hold instead so we didn't have to go back for our luggage before transferring over to HRH. Does anyone know of a luggage delivery service that might be able to take our luggage and check it into guest services at HRH?

Yeah, they all seem to be "concierge" type services for big $$$. I'm thinking maybe I'll just carshare it over myself and then go back directly to the park while family gets in line early for the bus for rope drop. That seems cheaper.

Yeah, they all seem to be "concierge" type services for big $$$. I'm thinking maybe I'll just carshare it over myself and then go back directly to the park while family gets in line early for the bus for rope drop. That seems cheaper.
You should be able to schedule a time for bell services to come to your room the night before you leave. I did that in Jan at BLT the night before departure and a bellhop showed up promptly at 7:15 the next morning and took my bags for me.

Really? That's great news!! I didn't realize that was an option. We still might decide to get our luggage over to HRH that morning so we can go straight from the park at the end of the day, but at least we have a choice if luggage pick up is an option in the early AM.

Another related question - do you have to check out in person? Or is there an auto check out process or e check out?

I keep reading posts about scheduling ahead for luggage pick-up. It's especially interesting to me that you were told you could do this. I was told I could not do this. I really want to, but both of the times I've called ahead and inquired about this, it's like they're laughing at me! Why would I ask something so ridiculous?! Maybe I am just talking to the wrong person. I call luggage assistance/bell services directly, not "guest assistance" (aka "front desk" button on the phone). Recently we had a long wait at Pop Century for someone to come and help us. I would have done it myself, but I was alone with my young DD and couldn't manage our luggage alone. If only I could learn the secret to scheduling a luggage pick-up time in advance.
We've only been able to schedule luggage pick up ahead of time at Moderates or Deluxes which have true Bell Services. I've not been able to at the Values which have luggage assistance.

I just saw these comments in another thread. Since POP is in the value category, does that mean it is not likely?

I just saw these comments in another thread. Since POP is in the value category, does that mean it is not likely?
Oh, that may be. I didn't use bell services when I stayed a value resort because I had my own car.

Precovid. Values had luggage assistance. Bellhop service, at the deluxe resorts, is on demand. At POP you would call when your luggage is ready to go and tell them how many bags. You leave the bags inside your room, by the door, with a tip if you're inclined. They'll pick up your bags on their next run. If they're not busy they may tell you to wait.

I HAVE NO IDEA IF THIS SERVICE IS SUSPENDED DUE TO COVID.

You can do express check out on your TV set. I think you can also do express checkout by calling. No reason to check out in person.

edit to suggest If luggage assistance is available pack, call ask to have the luggage picked up for storage then go to the park. End of the day take Disney transportation back to POP then car service or ride share to HRH. or are you trying to rope drop at Universal? Have a car service meet you at POP and drop you off at HRH. Get your hotel express passes, drop off your luggage for storage and walk over to the parks.

Make sure you get a vehicle large enough to accommodate your luggage.

At POP you would call when your luggage is ready to go and tell them how many bags. You leave the bags inside your room, by the door, with a tip if you're inclined. They'll pick up your bags on their next run. If they're not busy they may tell you to wait. I HAVE NO IDEA IF THIS SERVICE IS SUSPENDED DUE TO COVID.

OK, good to know that it existed before so maybe there's a shot. I'd LOVE to just leave our bags in the room (WITH a tip - we're always inclined, but especially right now).

edit to suggest If luggage assistance is available pack, call ask to have the luggage picked up for storage then go to the park. End of the day take Disney transportation back to POP then car service or ride share to HRH. or are you trying to rope drop at Universal? Have a car service meet you at POP and drop you off at HRH. Get your hotel express passes, drop off your luggage for storage and walk over to the parks. Make sure you get a vehicle large enough to accommodate your luggage.

We already have Tony reserved for our transfer from POP to HRH at the end of the day (and back to the airport from HRH a few days later). That is still a Disney day for rope drop; we don't start Universal until the next day. If we're able to do the luggage pick up from our room, we'll do your plan. If it is suspended for covid, I'll take the bags to HRH myself and ask Tony to pick us up from the park instead of from POP for our end-of-the-day transfer.

Thanks!

Precovid. Values had luggage assistance.
You would call and they would pick up your luggage next time they were dking
OK, good to know that it existed before so maybe there's a shot. I'd LOVE to just leave our bags in the room (WITH a tip - we're always inclined, but especially right now).

We already have Tony reserved for our transfer from POP to HRH at the end of the day (and back to the airport from HRH a few days later). That is still a Disney day for rope drop; we don't start Universal until the next day. If we're able to do the luggage pick up from our room, we'll do your plan. If it is suspended for covid, I'll take the bags to HRH myself and ask Tony to pick us up from the park instead of from POP for our end-of-the-day transfer.

Thanks!
If luggage assistance is suspended you can bring your bags to luggage storage.

If luggage assistance is suspended you can bring your bags to luggage storage.

Well, this is where my concern lies... Sounds like luggage assistance lines have been really long. And since it will only be a partial day for us, we want to get into parks early.

Well, this is where my concern lies... Sounds like luggage assistance lines have been really long. And since it will only be a partial day for us, we want to get into parks early.
Get the hours. Drop off your luggage the night before.

The lines might be long BUT how long to ride share to HRH, drop off luggage then ride share back to WDW? At least an hour? Are the lines to check luggage at POP that long?

I am reading here that the lines have been an hour, hour+ in some cases. Who knows on the day we want to check our luggage?

We need our stuff in the morning to get ready, so can't drop it off the night before...

If the rest of my family gets in line for bus or skyliner early, by the time they wait, get on, transport and wait again for gates to open, I shouldn't be too far behind them. And then we don't have to go back to the resort after the park, so it would save us time on both ends of the day. And going by myself with luggage means I shouldn't need an XL vehicle.

It seems like a lot of work and money to Uber back and forth. That is a 25 minute one way ride, not including checking in and checking luggage at HRH. Is there anyway you could pack up the evening before and just bring a small day bag that you could stuff in a locker that morning? Another option is to leave one person in line with the luggage and have the rest use Disney transport to the park. Have the one person who stayed behind with the luggage take an Uber which is almost always quicker than Disney transport.

We took our bags to pop bell service around 6:10 because we wanted to be in line for bus at 6:30. There were only 2 people ahead of us in line at that time. This was Saturday March 27. Later on other days later I saw super long lines. We never saw a long line before 6:30 so that might be a good option for you.

We took our bags to pop bell service around 6:10 because we wanted to be in line for bus at 6:30. There were only 2 people ahead of us in line at that time. This was Saturday March 27. Later on other days later I saw super long lines. We never saw a long line before 6:30 so that might be a good option for you.

That IS a great idea, but unfortunately we are not morning people AT ALL. I guess it would depend on park opening time that day.

It seems like a lot of work and money to Uber back and forth. That is a 25 minute one way ride, not including checking in and checking luggage at HRH.

DH and I (and our teenager) would both honestly rather pay $50 for: an extra half hour of sleep, no stress about rope drop, and an extra hour at the park since we wouldn't have to go back to POP (maybe longer than an hour since we'd have to both transport back AND wait in the line again to collect luggage). We have a dinner reservation at Citywalk that night so pick up time from WDW needs to be 5pm regardless. I'm not worried about the hour to go back and forth in the morning because my family will spend close to that time to wait, transport, and wait again. And if they do one ride before I get there, oh well.

I think I'm possibly seeming a little argumentative here - sorry for that! I'm really thankful for all the suggestions and help and ideas. You are all THE BEST!! I just really know my family, how we vacation, and what will/won't work for us. But I'm super glad to have potential back up plans if we change our minds or something doesn't work out and you've given me some solid ones.

(edited for 1 grammar and 1 spelling correction - posted originally from my phone...)

Last edited:
This was our line for Bell service on February 27 at 11:11am our check in day. We waited about 45 minutes. On our last day March 6 we paid for late check out $76.00 till 2:30, so we could leave our luggage in our room and not check it in with bell service. Worked out better for us this way.

So this family paid $76 to avoid luggage issues (line pic shown in original post). I feel better, LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!