Lucky #13 Anniversary Trip

We went last night to get more of the special socks. I booked a tour to keep as a suprize for DH. It is the Unmasking the Horror tours on Sept 25 (and then if I keep up my nerve, we will be taking advantage of the Stay and Scream option). We did this tour last year and it was neat to see the details of the house (you know..that you miss when you are trying to escape from the "monsters").

Online check in is next Thursday. We are getting close now and I am getting so excited.:cool1:

So are you doing a haunted carriage ride this year?

Congrats on the birthday and upcoming anniversary!

So are you doing a haunted carriage ride this year?

Congrats on the birthday and upcoming anniversary!

Thanks Abby and Hello long lost friend!:flower3:

I checked into the Haunted Carriage Ride early in my planning, but we were going to early for it to be offered. When is your next trip? Have you ever been to Disneyland??

Thanks Abby and Hello long lost friend!:flower3:

I checked into the Haunted Carriage Ride early in my planning, but we were going to early for it to be offered. When is your next trip? Have you ever been to Disneyland??

Aw that's too bad. Guess you'll just have to go again next year....what a shame! ;)

My next trip is Nov 11-15, for Food and Wine Festival. I have a few of the culinary demos booked for that.

I'm also going Dec 11-17, and am extra excited because I'm renting DVC points for part of that and staying in a Savannah View Studio at AKL!

I have NEVER been to any other Disney parks besides the ones in FL! Something I need to change. I would really like to see Disneyland since it's the original. How was that trip?

Aw that's too bad. Guess you'll just have to go again next year....what a shame! ;)

My next trip is Nov 11-15, for Food and Wine Festival. I have a few of the culinary demos booked for that.

I'm also going Dec 11-17, and am extra excited because I'm renting DVC points for part of that and staying in a Savannah View Studio at AKL!

I have NEVER been to any other Disney parks besides the ones in FL! Something I need to change. I would really like to see Disneyland since it's the original. How was that trip?

I know...tragic

Very cool trips coming up for you my friend.

Yes, DL was really great. The closeness of everything and The World of Color were just amazing. You really have to give it a try. Click on the link in my signature for the full trip report with lots of pics!

I am reading the DIS and the thread on bedbugs is freaking me out.. EEWW.

Fingers crossed there are no critters of any kind in our room (never seen any before..don't want to see any now).

I've never encountered bedbugs at any hotel, much less a Disney resort. Don't read anymore of that thread!

So the weather here has turned colder quick, so I am looking forward to the warm weather. I washed all our shorts and started folding/packing these and bathing suits. My dog Zoe is keeping me in her sights as much as possible...I think she's on to me.:laughing:

I am already dreading leaving the dogs. They will be with my best friend who will love them and look out for them and I know they are in great hands. But I will still worry and as busy as we be, I will miss them. Terribly.

I have papers together. I have post notes everywhere. OH..and

6 Days Left peeps

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

24 hours from now we will on the ground, in the rental car and probably shopping at Target on the way to the Resort. Wrapping up the packing now and we are so excited!! I had a hard time sleeping last night.

I am enjoying a wonderful vacation here and staying at the Wilderness Lodge for the first time (which we are just loving). It is HOT HOT HOT and I have heard for many years about the love bugs. I have seen them here and there in the past, but they are in full force!! And I think they should be callled Hate bugs.

The parks are pretty light and we have experienced walk ons on some attractions here at WDW as well as Universal, SeaWorld (walked on Manta twice today) and Islands of Adventure (all but the WWoHP). I have tons of pics and will be completing my trip report when we get back!

We went to see Blue Man Group tonight for the first time and it was wonderful!! The Behind the Magic tour is tomorrow, so off to bed.

We board in 10 minutes..I am sad the vacation is over, but will be happy to see my dogs and sleep in our bed. I have lots to say and tons of pictures!

Let me say that we only got about 90 minutes of sleep before heading to the airport. DH is in a band and they got off stage around 2 am and our flight left at 6:40 am (and we are supposed to be there 2 hours in advance). So I was a bit blurried eyed that morning, but still excited.

IMG_1227.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

Once we landed, we did a quick Target run and headed to the Wilderness Lodge for the very first time (but so not the last!)

IMG_1232.jpg

IMG_1239.jpg

We checked in but did not have time to get to the room. I did be sure he both patted Humprey the bear on the nose for good luck (as I head read you should here on the DIS).

IMG_1241.jpg

We rushed to Epcot for our ADR for San Angel Inn and made it just in time.

Note to self (and fellow DISers): When you are exhausted, blood orange margaritas are a good way to go into a coma (but it was yummy!)

DSC_0262.jpg

My app was a chicken tostada and DH's was a chorizo app . Both were yummy and spicy (but not to spicy).

DSC_0264.jpg

My entree was the Chicken Enchiledas and DH had the Pollo Las Rojos (which is Chicken in an incredible sauce and rice) and YUM!
DSC_0270.jpg

Desserts were great! Mine was berries in white choc mousse and DH had a bread pudding!
DSC_0274.jpg

The plan was to stay at Epcot, but we rode the Mexican boat ride, I bought my first t shirt and DH bought his first bag of Goofy Gummies (this is his addiction like I am addicted to Dole Whips) and headed back to the room!

We headed to the resort and discovered quickly that we had a wonderful location. It was in the tower past Roarin Forks and facing the pool. We used Bell Services for the very first time and I was told that they were literally right behind me, so I headed for the room as DH went to park the car. On the way, I realised my purse was on the cart also. They were NOT right behind me. DH showed up and asked where everything was. He called downstairs and they couldn't find our stuff. I also discovered right away that there was no shower gel provided..shampoo/conditioner/lotion..but no shower gel. So I went to the shop in the hotel and bought the H2O shower gel, which I love. AND I went down to the Bell Services desk and was told they were on the way to our room. It was frustrating because we were both way over tired. It took just under 30 minutes, which isn't bad, but don't say you are right behind me if you aren't.

We took a nap..a well deserved nap.
IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

Is that not an incredible view??

Once we woke from hibernation, we showered and headed to Narcoosee's for dinner (which we both love). This picture was taken by another guest who kindly offered to take our picture. I was very appreciative. When there are just two of you, its nice to have pics of you both together, but hard to do. I am happy to say that we got this offer many many times and that was great. So thanks to all of you that do that! You have no idea how much it is appreciated.
IMG_1257.jpg

I had the oysters rockefeller (which was fried..which is great, but different) and DH had the green goddess salad.
DSC_0279.jpg

Then, we went outside to see Wishes (which is always fantastic).

DSC_0290.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

Then it was entree time! I had the lobster and DH had the crab crusted Mahi Mahi and both were excellent. I love how they crack the lobster for you and take the work out of it.
DSC_0327.jpg

Dessert time! I had the almond crusted cheesecake (as I always do) and Dh had the creme brule (one was key lime and the other was..hhmm?? Mango maybe?) All were great.

DSC_0328.jpg

So..I have been an Unofficial Guide reader for more than a decade, but I decided to pick up a Passporter this year...not for the info, but for capturing the memories. For those of you who don't know about it, there is a page/envelope for each day to record your day's events and keep things like receipts, name tags, etc.

Each day, you have to identify what was the best thing/worst thing/most magical thing of the day. I will be including what we decided was best/worst/magical of each day.

SO..for day 1:

Weather was: Warm- most sunny with a little rain
Best thing: Just getting here
Worst thing: Feeling like a zombie due to lack of sleep
Today we tried/and the result was: Valet parking at Narcoosee's (as we were running late) and it was great
Most Magical: seeing Wishes from the deck of Narcoosee's with the warm wind blowing.

Passporter Info
Weather: HOT! but nice
Best thing: Riding EE and RnR in the front.
Worst thing: Dinner wasn't worth the 2 credits
Funniest thing: The mother warthog left her burrow and her three little piglet ran quickly to catch up with her. So cute!
Today we tried/the result was: Yachtman's Steakhouse and we won't be returning.
Magical: Seeing the Lion awake and hippo out of water on Kilmanjaro Safari and seeing a gorilla "posing".

We woke up at 6:30 (30 mins before the alarm went off..I guess I was excited) and headed to AK for EMH. We rode the safari 2 times and saw something I had never seen before! A hippo was out of the water!!
DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

We also saw a baby rhino (who we would see much closer later when we go to the Backstage Safari tour) named Lola who was adorable. She was born earlier in the year.
DSC_0049.jpg

The second ride around, we saw the Lion AWAKE!! we have been going for more than a decade and I think I have seen him awake only once before.

DSC_0208.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

DSC_0213.jpg

We also saw these guys!

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

Then we went to Tusker House for breakfast. We have been there once before for lunch, but breakfast was great. Our server Neil was also excellent. OH..and they have Krispy Kreme donuts (which are not available in Canada..but I used to have often when I lived in NC). The characters were wonderful too!

DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_0159.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

DSC_0152-Copy.jpg

After breakfast, we did the Pangani trail and the gorillas were posing!
DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

We toured around the park for a while seeing the Festival of the Lion King, riding Dinosaur (did you know it now has FP??) and EE twice!! I noticed this time at the "end of the track" on EE, the bird pops up on the left and then goes down when you start to go backwards. I remember when there used to be a bird going in a circle there.
DSC_0292.jpg

We went to Yak and Yeti for lunch. I had the wings and ribs and DH had the lettuce cups and Kobe burger. I really liked the wings, but I wasn't crazy about the ribs. I had heard they were good, but they weren't for me. We had the wontons for dessert (which was the real reason I went..YUM).

DSC_0324.jpg

DSC_0325.jpg

DSC_0327-1.jpg

Then, we headed back to resort for some pool time, a nap and a shower before going to Yachtman's Steakhouse for dinner and then headed to DHS for EMH.

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1274.jpg

And this is a pic of us looking up at our room. It was on the 6th floor (the covered balcony) and the third one over. It was great.

IMG_1277.jpg

OH..By the way...this the t shirt I bought the day before is the purple one I am wearing this day.

So after taking an afternoon break, we headed to Yachtman's Steakhouse for the first time for dinner. It is a nice restaurant, but the food was just OK and we wouldn't use 2 credits on this restaurant again. When you first get there, you are shown the "meat prep" area and the CM told us that some people don't even want to look at that. Whatever..

We were seated right away and our server was nice enough (sorry..don't remember her name). I had sangria and DH had a beer.
DSC_0330.jpg

When they brought out the bread, they also brought around roasted garlic. I was curious so I tried it..yep, it is exactly what you think..really strong. And not very good.
DSC_0331.jpg

I got the escargot as an app and DH got Scallops..his was better.

DSC_0332.jpg

DSC_0334.jpg

We both got the ribeye. Just OK.

DSC_0335.jpg

We split the Banana dessert (which was the best part of the meal).

DSC_0337.jpg

Then we headed to DHS for EMH. We headed straight for TSM and saw the time was at 50 minutes and went anyway. I am glad I did because I met Tiffany and her family (we are now FB friends) and she was wonderful and the time flew. DH beat me yet again at TSM but it was still fun. I am still a beaver and he is still a cat.

Then we saw Mulch, Sweat and Shears..new band members since the last time we saw them (including a new lead singer). He asked "Are you going to be my girl?" when they were singing that song and I explained that I was DH's girl. He said "You are married to a bowling ball?":lmao: Yes..yes I am.

We had just enough time to ride RnR and waited for the front row and it was great as usual.

Then back to the resort to rest up! It was a busy day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter