• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

LPT: Turn off iCloud Private Relay before you board the ship

cwis

DIS Veteran
Took a few minutes to understand why neither DW nor I were able to connect on DCL network. Turned out we had opted in iCloud Private Relay on our iPhone, which, we just found out, is incompatible with how the DCL operates:

1653135351550.png

So if you want to save some minutes, remember to turn it off before next time you board!

Last edited:
Very odd. I have the iPhone 11 using the latest iOS and had no problem accessing the ship's wifi on our Dream cruise this past week.

You probably didn't enable this (still in Beta) feature. It's not on by default.
Yes, I do have it enabled. I'm using the lates public beta and had to try that feature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter