Loving the Journey - Feb 2020 W.I.S.H. Challenge

My Motivation Monday:

I am very motivated by getting healthier. I have bad knees. I dislocated both knee-caps as a teenager, and all of these years later, there's arthritis in them now, and one has a torn meniscus. I avoid stairs like the plague and only do them in my house twice a day. After losing the 15 pounds, I've noticed that I don't struggle as much climbing the stairs.

Walking long distances can be quite challenging. In 2018, I needed a wheelchair in WDW. But in Disneyland in 2019, I didn't need the wheelchair because it is much smaller. I would love to be able to go without a wheelchair in WDW this June. If I could just continue losing weight, my wish might come true.

Getting healthier through weight loss is my motivation!

It’s the last week of February! The last couple days have been spring like-50+ degrees and sunny.

Eat better is a perfect mantra for me right now, as well. I have been snacking too much and eating bigger portions. I was feeling really annoyed with myself last night. So will be working on that today. Just got back from my walk and fixed a healthy lunch.

Reading everyone’s posts has me motivated as well!

Speaking of it being the end of February...we need to start thinking about who will host March. Who wants to sign up for a week?

Week 1:
Week 2:
Week 3:
Week 4: sjrec

Last edited:
It’s Topic Tuesday!

I recently read about having a Battle Plan to manage emotional eating. The general idea is to make a list of activities to do instead of reaching for food when you don't need to.
First identify the emotion that causes you to want to eat. Then come up with something to do instead of eating.

For example:
-When you're dealing with cabin fever and can't go for that walk to burn extra calories and all that comfort food is calling you, is there someone to reach out to?
-When you are feeling bored, what can you do to keep you from reaching for food when you're not actually hungry.
-When you're stressed out, to keep you from reaching for wine when you don't have any yellow container substitutions left?

Here are some of my ideas:
If I'm bored, I can take the dog for a walk.
If I feel lonely, I can text my sister (or other family member) to see if I can come visit.
If I'm stressed, write a “to do” list (I LOVE making lists!) or take breaks between work to watch YouTube videos of Disney or other vacation locations (I also LOVE vacations).
If I’m sad, play some happy music.
If I want to snack late at night, just go to sleep!

I’m going to keep this list in the notes section of my phone so I always have it with me.

What would your Battle Plan look like?

Good question!

For cabin fever - get lost on the DIS.
For boredom - walk on the treadmill instead, with a fun video on the iPad.
For stress - I clean or organize! (If I can't control one thing, I'll control another. :thumbsup2)

Topic Tuesday-

If I’m bored-go to the library. If it’s in the evening, keep working on my de cluttering.

If I’m stressed-read or watch one of
the many PBS series I have recorded.

If I’m lonely-this one is tough. My husband works from home so I am never lonely! In fact, I’ve been known to encourage him to go to a movie by himself or go to the grocery store when I need some alone time.

This time of year boredom is definitely an issue. It’s raining today so might not get out for a walk-I might go to Walmart for a few things and get some steps in.

I don't really have a plan. This might be my problem. At night if I am hungry and want to snack I got to bed because I know I am not really hungry. Stress is my problem.

I am having a rough week/weekend. I woke up Saturday with my nose hurting really bad to touch it. I went to the minute clinic on Sunday because of the amount of pain I was in. They said it was a viral sinus infection and to just take mortin and sudafed and it should be gone a like 3 days but would start to feel better in a day or so. Well it is not getting better and is getting worse. My nose is swollen and it looking bruised and meds are only working to easy the pain (the pain is never gone) for about 3.5 hours and then I am in horrible pain. I did just make an appointment with my dr. for tomorrow. It is not helping that I wear glasses and not contacts. My glasses sit right on the spot that hurts the worse. I had to take my glasses off last night because it was just making it worse. I am so over being sick this year.

Topic Tuesday:

Boredom - I can watch a comedy special on Netflix or work on my Disney scrapbook or read a book.

Loneliness - I can honestly say that I don't get lonely. My brother and sister were 13 and 16 years older than me, so at age 6, I was essentially an only child and played well all by myself. I LOVE to be alone, and I'm really great at entertaining myself. I find it very peaceful, and an opportunity to clear my head.

Stress - This is a tough one, and my old "go-to" reaction was to eat something really bad for me. I have had a few slip-ups with this since starting Noom. I now pray about it. If I am able, and the weather is not rainy or snowy, I drive to the beach and walk on the beach. Sometimes even just sitting in my car and staring at the ocean is enough.

Sadness - The same as stress.

Happy Mardi Gras!

Woohoo... I got out of bed and made it to work! I am super tired this morning, I think working/traveling over the weekend has caught up with me.

I did my blood sugar and blood pressure readings this morning, for the first time in a long time, and they really aren't that bad, considering how I've been eating.

And vacation is now just 28 days away! I have to admit that the media coverage of the corona-virus is starting to stick in my head a bit, but I won't change any plans unless WDW was totally shut down. I do need to train myself to stop touching stuff (like running my hand down railings) and will probably take sanitary wipes with me, something I wouldn't normally do.

Last edited:
I feel like these last two days I have finally gotten things under control. Especially the snacking. I also have eliminated potatoes or bread with dinner. Making extra vegetables helps with that.
And I found a pair of small gold earrings I thought were lost! Yay!

28 days, Oneanne! I’m still almost 6 months out. I am traveling in a couple weeks and there is worry in the back of mind, but I don’t think we’re at the point where we need to cancel. Hope this doesn’t change.

Woo Hoo Wednesday!

I decided to start measuring myself, and even though I didn't lose any more weight, I lost an inch around my waist and hips! I wish I had thought of that 15 pounds ago. I can't imagine how much higher they were when I was 15 pounds heavier. But from here on out, I will keep track of inches too, so that when the scale isn't moving, I can still see progress. (I can't believe that I used to have a 26 inch waist!) Anyway, I can't change the last 30 years. All I can change is the present.

I have to admit that the media coverage of the corona-virus is starting to stick in my head a bit, but I won't change any plans unless WDW was totally shut down.

It's bothering me a bit, too. We're planning to be in FL from the 15th to the 21st - visiting family then a couple of days at Universal.

I'm not sure if I'm really worried about the virus itself, but getting stuck because of quarantines has crossed my mind, as has my DS heading back to college after the trip (with so many others in close quarters who may have traveled to scarier places over the break.)

For now, I'm limiting having the news on. I'm not completely ignoring the whole thing, but I know it's not healthy for me to think about it every five minutes, either.

It’s Thankful Thursday!

Let’s take a minute to think of all the things that help us get through each day or week. What person, place and thing you are thankful for that helps you get through each day/week?

I’m thankful for my husband. He’s my partner in life who often gets the worst of me. I often forget to thank him for all he does and do not give him enough credit! Instead I tend to give him the “why didn’t you...” or “that’s not how it’s done...” type of comments. But the truth is, he is my rock and keeps me grounded.

I am thankful for church. Each Sunday, I go there and it is calming and refreshing. It helps me to re-center before starting a new week.

I am thankful for my car. It takes me to work each day. I am often a taxi driver for my kids. I holds all my groceries (at least until I try the new deliver services that everyone around here seems to rave about).

Who, where & what are you thankful for?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter