LOVE CBR- considering CSR

carly chloe

DIS Veteran
Our family LOVES cBR!! We get preferred so we are close to everything- love the pool and the tropical feel. It's like home to us. Seems alot of people like CSR. Anyone been to both and which one do you prefer? CSR's beds look good but it seems to have a desert feel and seems like more walking even if in preferred. Wondering if we should change. but worried- what if we don't like it as much.

Have been to both--CBR May '11, CSR June '12. We LOVED CBR soooo much!!! We were hesitant to try CSR because we didn't think it could ever match our time at CBR. BUT, since we wanted to try some place new, we went for CSR. Wouldn't you know it, we LOVED CSR!!! Both times we were in the building next to preferred without paying for preferred so the locations were perfect--close walk to food court & main pool. At CSR we were in the cabanas section & just steps away from the quiet pool. We were on the DDP while at CBR & not when at CSR. The food court is fine for dinner at CSR but it's buffet for breakfast & lunch so that's something to consider if going OOP for meals. We finally decided if we went moderate again we would do CBR. CSR had a little more of an adult feel to us. Not sure how to really explain that, but that was what we came up with. Our kids were DS 13 & DD8 last year. Pools were awesome. We liked having the marina at CBR & the more tropical feel. However, the cabanas section at CSR is pretty tropical. Busses were great at both. Never a long wait & never crowded. Probably even less crowded at CSR due to some guests being there for conventions. Don't think you'll go wrong either way. If you want to try some place new, I think CSR is a great choice. But, if you're happy with CBR, it's a keeper.

We have done both CBR and CSR. Would choose CBR over CSR in a heartbeat. CSR does have a great themed pool, but that is about it. Not as kid friendly as CBR and the layout is a mess to say the least. There is also less draw space at CSR, and I found the staff to be way less friendly.

Stayed at both and it's a draw for me. I like the layout better of CBR (pool near food court) and the theming slightly better (altho honestly the themes feel very similar to me once you're there and walking around). The CBR pool is a bit nicer than the CSR I think. With that said the CSR bus service is way better and the rooms are much nicer. It's pretty much a draw for me- hth!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter