Lotsa Fun at DLR this week - Some random observations

Thanks again!

I'll get my power walking legs in gear and give it a shot tomorrow! :banana:

camouseketeer, please let us know how this works for you today!:) I had this very thought for our trip after reading this wonderfuly deatailed thread of Hydroguys!:worship: If it works out for you we will definately try it on our MM day...

Originally Posted by camouseketeer
There are two adults, two kids but we all want to ride PP. Is it worth sacrificing a favorite ride to keep the time schedule intact???

This is for tomorrow, Wed, and Fri. Our plan will be different for Thurs since we don't have MM.

And yes, we'll be there at opening. My family has been the first riders of the day on Peter Pan at least three times. . We know how to get there early and walk with a purpose!

My thought is to head to FL and knockout PP. Hopefully we will be off it within 10 min and then can get a FP for either SM or ST.

If ST's return time is at or past the 2 hr mark, I will probably get a SM fp first. It should still have a 45ish min return time. When my next fp window opens, I will get a ST fp. I think that uses my fp time better.

But if ST's return time is still short, I'll get that first.

Thoughts?

I'll be sure to report what I find works best on Hound's ST super thread.

Thanks camouseketeer. :thumbsup2

Response from Hydroguy: If it was me I would send the fastest walker (in my family that is me ) to ST with all entrance tickets and everyone else to PP. The runner gets the ST FPs and power walks to join the group at PP and then you all ride. You will probably be looking at a 5-10 minute PP line but it will be worth it if you want to ride ST.

camouseketeer, please let us know how this works for you today!:) I had this very thought for our trip after reading this wonderfuly deatailed thread of Hydroguys!:worship: If it works out for you we will definately try it on our MM day...

If it was me, I'd do it slightly different than Hydroguy. (proving that even though i agree with him 98.66% of the time....we have different opinions sometimes :)).

If we were indeed among the first few families at the turnstiles & walking with a purpose to PP, then I'd have one adult (yes...i know it's a sacrifice) veer off to nab the ST FPs while the other 3 continue on to Peter Pan. I say this because PP is a fast ride & waiting even 2-3 min. costs you 1-2 rides during the first 30 min. after opening because the line builds so fast. After the 3 finish PP...... the FP collector can hook back up with the family at Dumbo or Alice (which ever is second)

Either way you do it, please report back.

Thanks.

:3dglasses

If it was me, I'd do it slightly different than Hydroguy. (proving that even though i agree with him 98.66% of the time....we have different opinions sometimes :)).

If we were indeed among the first few families at the turnstiles & walking with a purpose to PP, then I'd have one adult (yes...i know it's a sacrifice) veer off to nab the ST FPs while the other 3 continue on to Peter Pan. I say this because PP is a fast ride & waiting even 2-3 min. costs you 1-2 rides during MM because the line builds so fast. After the 3 finish PP...... the FP collector can hook back up with the family at Dumbo or Alice (which ever is second)

Thanks.

Hound, I would do the same as you, but the poster specifically said it was essential everyone in the group ride PP. So this was next best IMO. ;)

Hound, I would do the same as you, but the poster specifically said it was essential everyone in the group ride PP. So this was next best IMO. ;)

Thanks camouseketeer. :thumbsup2

If we were indeed among the first few families at the turnstiles & walking with a purpose to PP, then I'd have one adult (yes...i know it's a sacrifice) veer off to nab the ST FPs while the other 3 continue on to Peter Pan. I say this because PP is a fast ride & waiting even 2-3 min. costs you 1-2 rides during the first 30 min. after opening because the line builds so fast. After the 3 finish PP...... the FP collector can hook back up with the family at Dumbo or Alice (which ever is second)

Thanks.

Here is my report from today (June 29):

Was 3rd through the turnstiles this morning and in the second row of people at the Main ST rope drop.

Wanting a ST fp, I stayed in the middle of Main ST with my family. At rope drop they walked to PP while I went to ST. I was 3rd in line to get a ST fp today in a very CM controlled line (which i appreciated as many people tried to jump the ropes and cut in line). My return time was 8:40 am.

I walked straight to FL and my family was just getting off PP, so i ended up taking Hound's advice (although i read it after the fact). I sacrificed PP to get a ST fp.

If I was at the front of the line again on Fri, i would have my family wait at PP or ride Dumbo or something else that I don't mind missing. We would lose a few minutes in FL but FL was very empty and it wouldn't be a big loss of time.

Interesting to note, that as the cm was walking us thru the fp line (and before anyone had been able to get a fp) e return time changed from 8:35 to 8:40. Thought the times changed as fp's are distributed, but it changed before any were given out. Any idea why?

I wonder if the FP return time changing had to do with them allowing for those with FPs from the hotels. So maybe someone just got around to adding that in at that time? :confused3

Interesting to note, that as the cm was walking us thru the fp line (and before anyone had been able to get a fp) e return time changed from 8:35 to 8:40. Thought the times changed as fp's are distributed, but it changed before any were given out. Any idea why?
FPs are based on two things - the current time and how many FPs have been given out. That is why BTMRR FP windows stay at 40-45 minutes from the current all day. They do not give out all the FPs.

What I think happened is a five minute increment was passed and the FP window then incremented by 5 minutes.

I have a quick question I am hoping you can help with... We are staying at the GCH. I am wondering if 1 person can get WOC Fast Passes and catch up at the Little Mermaid. I'm not sure how long it takes to get the Fast Passes and if there is enough time, or if we should just stick together. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks for sharing your experiences and advice!!!

I have a quick question I am hoping you can help with... We are staying at the GCH. I am wondering if 1 person can get WOC Fast Passes and catch up at the Little Mermaid. I'm not sure how long it takes to get the Fast Passes and if there is enough time, or if we should just stick together. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks for sharing your experiences and advice!!!

In the morning when resort guests are let in, maybe. If they hand you the WoC FPs as you enter into DCA you would all be together anyway. But if the group splits and one has to goto the FP distribution it might not. You will be walking right onto LMAUA and the other person will be a couple minutes behind.

If you do it when regular guests are going on LMAUA too, it would probably work because the WoC tickets only take about 5-10 minutes to get and LMAUA will probably take 15 to 120 minutes to load. But catching up to the group in the LMAUA adventure will be hard and in all seriousness you will be bothering all the guests you will have to squeeze by to catch up to your group.

In either case I would suggest staying together.

In the morning when resort guests are let in, maybe. If they hand you the WoC FPs as you enter into DCA you would all be together anyway. But if the group splits and one has to goto the FP distribution it might not. You will be walking right onto LMAUA and the other person will be a couple minutes behind.

If you do it when regular guests are going on LMAUA too, it would probably work because the WoC tickets only take about 5-10 minutes to get and LMAUA will probably take 15 to 120 minutes to load. But catching up to the group in the LMAUA adventure will be hard and in all seriousness you will be bothering all the guests you will have to squeeze by to catch up to your group.

In either case I would suggest staying together.
I agree with Ski here. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter