lost tiger

jtucker33

Earning My Ears
My family returned a week ago from a wonderful trip to the 5 theme parks. The weather was perfect (for July) and the longest line we stood in was 20 minutes for Dumbo, thanks to the fastpass and careful planning. BUT... we ended the week with what you might think is a minor irritation, but one that caused us some needless grief.
I purchased a plush tiger from Animal Kindom for my 3 year old daughter. She loved the tiger, it was her favorite souvenir from the week and she slept with it each night we were there.
The day before we left, the staff at the Doubletree Guest Suites in downtown Disney scooped it up and took it away. I don't know why or how it happened, but guess it was mixed up with the sheets. When I called the front desk they said they'd try to find it. But upon checkout I was told "sorry, but there's nothing we can do." They took my name and number and said they'd call if they found it, but it's gone. My three year old is sad and everytime she sees a photo from our trip she wants to know where her tiger is.
I have tried in vain to find the toy in any DisneyStore here or online. Does anyone know if the plush tiger from Animal Kindgom can be purchased anywhere but in the park? It's my quest now to find one, if you're the father of a little girl, you understand.
If you have seen one, please let me know at jtucker33@peoplepc.com thank you.
Our trip by the way was great, but if you stay at the Doubletree Guest Suites beware! The housekeeping staff has sticky fingers, the tiger wasn't the only thing to disappear out of our room!!!
Jamey Tucker
Memphis, TN

My heart hurts for you (I just found a replacement for my son's lost, rare "lovey" on e-bay of all places - I know how you must feel).

If this had happened to me, I'd try to find out the phone number for the Animal Kingdom, or even call the 407-WDW number, and explain the situation to them. I'm sure they would work out something with you.

Good luck! Tell me how you make out.

Lori

The Disney World Merchandise number is 407-363-6200. You can order anything from the theme parks via this number, so if you've got a good description of the tiger, I'm sure they'll be able to help you out.

We have a 3 year old daughter, and I heard her voice in my head as I read your story. I hope that you're able to find a replacement for her ASAP. Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

board in hopes of someone being able to help you.....hugs to your little one

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter