• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lost newbie here.

DLBDS

Loves that Sweetened Condensed Milk
I'm a newbie who is currently reading the Unofficial Guide. The book makes it seem pretty easy. If you want resort discounts, get an Annual Pass. I chose to get an AP. Now, I come here and am once again fumbling around trying to figure this stuff out. "Best Rate" "AP Rate" "Discount Codes" From what I understand (and that's not much) there has been a change in discount with AP holders. What the heck is going on. Can someone explain it to me very slowly and clearly? For those interested, I am planning our 1st trip to WDW for Nov.28-Dec. 4th 2006. We will stay at the Wilderness Lodge in a standard room. Of course, this has not been booked yet. I'm still in the planning stages but jeez-louise. I NEVER thought planning a WDW vacation would be this confusing! :confused3 I want the best deal in lodging that I can get. Enlighten me. I'm all ears. :listen: Again....slowly.....clearly.

I think for right now, you will only be able to book rack rate that far out. If you call CRO and book WL standard view now, you will have to pay a one night deposit, which should be fully refundable if you cancel with 5 days of your trip.

If the present rules are still in effect in 2006, you probably won't be able to get an AP discount until sometime next summer for November 2006. I don't know if you can book a room with just a voucher, maybe someone else can answer that question. Some also book discounted rooms through AAA, I don't know how that works though. I really think all you can book for now is a rack rate room that far out. And then stay glued to these boards for updates :)

also, if the AP "Best Rate Program" is still in effect, you will only be able to book online to receive this "best rate" with your AP discount. Who knows if there will be phone-in rates available then? We don't even know for sure if they will be available for this year (though we strongly expect they will, just don't expect them to be as low as the "Best Rate" rates)

Hope I didn't confuse you even more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter