Lost and Found...did you ever get the item back?

SimonSez

DIS Veteran
I just returned from WDW and I did lose an item on the trip. It was the first purchase I made when we got to POFQ, and it was a bucket hat. On the last day, I left it in our Doom Buggy at HM. The CM's looked for it and I filed a report with lost and found. End story...it never turned up, so either it fell someplace really remote or somone found it and kept it as it was brand new. I hate the thought of dishonest people but they are out there. Several years ago, I lost my cell phone in Tomorrwland and it somehow found its way back to my house, despite Disney saying it was never turned in. I was just curious, how many of you have lost something, and was it ever found and returned? :wizard:

Kind of different as it was at a resort, not the parks, but yes! Last marathon weekend we had a split stay between Boulder Ridge and Wilderness Lodge. We checked out of BRV and left our luggage at bell service. When we got checked into WL, I realized we had left our running hydration bottles for the marathon in our room when we checked out. I was panicked! The front desk got in touch with the mousekeeper who cleaned our room and they had them! Incredibly grateful and lucky!

I lost a credit card at BOG, got it at Lost and Found at TTC. A daughter's friend lost a backpack and we also go that back without anything missing from it. That was at a Disney hotel. So we have been lucky the two times so far.

Lost Apple iPhone 7+ w/ 256 mg drive (when the 8's had just come out at Magic Kingdom Main Street shop right before closing (midnight to 1 AMish - it was a late park night). Luckily I left it at cash register and the CM that handled the transaction turned it in. I ran back there in a panic as soon as I realized and they stopped me outside the store "We recognize you. It's already at Guest Services. Run before they close!" I picked it up in the nick of time before the park closed. As PP said I consider myself very lucky.

I hope you find your bucket hat!

My son got a pirate mickey eat hat from near PotC that he LOVED but he sat it down while we were eating ice cream in AK and walked away without it. We went back 2 minutes later snd it was gone. Never got it back. He was very upset. It’s in so many of our pics because he wouldn’t take it off lol
7F50F90F-CD56-4BC3-9989-A91ADE19112E.png

I just returned from WDW and I did lose an item on the trip. It was the first purchase I made when we got to POFQ, and it was a bucket hat. On the last day, I left it in our Doom Buggy at HM. The CM's looked for it and I filed a report with lost and found. End story...it never turned up, so either it fell someplace really remote or somone found it and kept it as it was brand new. I hate the thought of dishonest people but they are out there. Several years ago, I lost my cell phone in Tomorrwland and it somehow found its way back to my house, despite Disney saying it was never turned in. I was just curious, how many of you have lost something, and was it ever found and returned? :wizard:
Could it have fallen out where the buggy swivels backward and tilts? It’s toward the end of the ride I think. It’s pitch black in a lot of places there so it could be hard to find. If it did reach its end of life at Haunted Mansion I guess we have to appreciate the irony?

I’d love to hear stories of what’s found by maintenance or CMs on rides. Must be crazy random stuff especially boat rides like it’s a small world and pirates etc. I read that some ride delays are from items falling on track like peoplemover I think was an example. I’m assuming CMs cannot throw anything out that’s found. I wonder?

I lost my daisy magic band on rock and roller. The staff told me it happens all the time and I would get back because they walk the tracks every night. I did not get it back. I’m 100% sure I lost it on that ride because you can see it in the ride photo and when I went to scan to claim the photo I had no magic band.

Yes! I lost my sunglasses on Space Mountain. CM directed me to Lost and Found which is at TTC. I went, had to give a thorough description of my sunglasses ( I assume they didn't want me to give myself a complimentary upgrade from my very basic pair), they brought out a try of glasses just from the day of my loss! and there they were. I still have them.

Lost my magic band in Galxys Edge. Filled out the report, when we got home, there was a box from Disney with my missing band! So lucky. (turns out it fell off when I made may droid).

Could it have fallen out where the buggy swivels backward and tilts? It’s toward the end of the ride I think. It’s pitch black in a lot of places there so it could be hard to find. If it did reach its end of life at Haunted Mansion I guess we have to appreciate the irony?

I’d love to hear stories of what’s found by maintenance or CMs on rides. Must be crazy random stuff especially boat rides like it’s a small world and pirates etc. I read that some ride delays are from items falling on track like peoplemover I think was an example. I’m assuming CMs cannot throw anything out that’s found. I wonder?
I never considered that actually. If I had to lose it, the HM was the best place due to what you just wrote :rotfl:

Lost Apple iPhone 7+ w/ 256 mg drive (when the 8's had just come out at Magic Kingdom Main Street shop right before closing (midnight to 1 AMish - it was a late park night). Luckily I left it at cash register and the CM that handled the transaction turned it in. I ran back there in a panic as soon as I realized and they stopped me outside the store "We recognize you. It's already at Guest Services. Run before they close!" I picked it up in the nick of time before the park closed. As PP said I consider myself very lucky.

I hope you find your bucket hat!
They never found it and closed the case. My bucket hat mystery has now gone cold :rolleyes1
Lost my magic band in Galxys Edge. Filled out the report, when we got home, there was a box from Disney with my missing band! So lucky. (turns out it fell off when I made may droid).
Exact same thing happened when I lost my cell phone several years ago in Tomorrowland. It arrived home before we did :scratchin

An amusing part of this story was when they asked if I had a picture of the hat, and the only one I had was of a stuffed Rocket (Guardians), wearing it on the bed at the hotel. The Mousekeeper placed it there and it looked so cute. I took a picture and that's what I gave Guest Services :rolleyes1

Attachments

• IMG_3217.jpg
    IMG_3217.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 8
I lost my daisy magic band on rock and roller. The staff told me it happens all the time and I would get back because they walk the tracks every night. I did not get it back. I’m 100% sure I lost it on that ride because you can see it in the ride photo and when I went to scan to claim the photo I had no magic band.
I feel you, some things just disappear into the ether pixiedust:
I lost a credit card at BOG, got it at Lost and Found at TTC. A daughter's friend lost a backpack and we also go that back without anything missing from it. That was at a Disney hotel. So we have been lucky the two times so far.
I think for the most part, things are found and returned. Either my hat fell someplace very strange and obscure, or it grew legs and walked off :sad2:

Husband lost his sunglasses on SSE. Reported them lost when we came off the ride, they sent us to Guest Services/Lost and Found at EPCOT.

Were never found. :(

I guess Michelangelo liked a lot and is now painting the Sistine while wearing them LOL!:upsidedow

dropped my glasses case somewhere in Adventure Land-MK this past April. I was in a panic as it had my actual glasses (I was wearing my prescription sunglasses). I realized it was gone in a few mintues, but could not find them. I resisted the urge to run right over, figured I would give it time and thankfully some kind soul found and returned it as it was at Lost and Found an hour or two later.... was an extra dark Pirates ride in my sunglasses

Two losses, two founds. First was my wallet on a ride and a cast member had it when I went back to look. Second was more complicated... back in Pleasure Island days my daughter lost her bag and by the time we got the PI L&F they had moved it to central processing, which was then closed for the day. We were leaving the next morning, so we had to make a mad dash and luckily it was there and we even made our flight.

I lost a gray hat in AK and reported it and they called me later but turned out not to be mine. So cast members working hard on the case!

We lost a magic band at typhoon lagoon, and it never showed up. Lesson learned there! No more wearing magic bands in water parks.

Over the years we have lost way too many things - in Parks / Hotel Rooms / Cruise Ships - I can say all but two items were returned
The Cruise ship being the two items that didn’t get returned
I have found so many items over the years - a lot of wallets & backpacks - most by bathrooms - I always turned the items over unless I saw or heard someone looking for said item which often was the case . Scary losing your wallet at WDW!
Years ago I found tickets on the ground first thing in the morning - not hard to find that owner - look for frantic crying guest with family members yelling at them ! I know my child lost a ticket once and I was so glad when a guest was yelling their name trying to find them because they had found their ticket ! Said child didn’t know they had lost their annual pass !
My last cruise shockingly had 3 incidents of theft when boarding the ship from excursions - as people went through security another guest was taking other people’s items ! These incidents were not accidents ! Horrible behavior ! I knew one guest who experienced this coming back on the ship. DCL really didn’t offer much help to the Guest .I also had an item stolen on this cruise from a lounge chair - really sad !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter