Lose the Politics

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by CapnJack0506, Jun 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

I don't see where anyone said this. Jack (jcb) said maybe this isn't the show for them if they don't like the team discussing politics. He said nothing about whether or not OP agrees with what is being discussed.

Shanti, LilyWDW and SorcererHeidi like this.
  2. jcb

jcb always emerging from hibernation

I certainly didn't mean that anyone who disagrees with the views expressed on the podcast shouldn't listen. I don't believe I said that. But the title of this thread was "Lose the Politics". Whatever OP meant by this, I took that as a directive for the podcast team to stop mentioning politics. That's why I made the comment that I did. I don't care if someone disagrees with my views. I have many friends and co-workers who don't. I respect their views and they respect mine. None have ever told me to "lose" my "politics."

DG-12, Clare Voince, Shanti and 6 others like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Mickeymouseisking

Mickeymouseisking Some imagination, huh?

The disadvantage of written mediums is the lack of tone. Sorry for misunderstanding you.

5. jcb

jcb always emerging from hibernation

No worries. My tone is usually worse.

Shanti and SorcererHeidi like this.
  6. Mickeymouseisking

Mickeymouseisking Some imagination, huh?

:rotfl2:

7. SeanWM48

SeanWM48 Earning My Ears

ehhh Kevin going to Kathy Griffin's defense last week made me roll my eyes but overall this isn't a big thing on the show, it's an offhand comment here and there

8. NeuroCindy

NeuroCindy DIS Veteran

Politics inherently affects every aspect of one's life, whether one wants to believe that or not. I have absolutely no problem with any podcast mentioning politics (and I listen to a large variety of podcasts).

9. AdamEfimoff

AdamEfimoff DIS Veteran

but what politics are we talking about?

10. vwlfan

vwlfan Mouseketeer

Sometimes one has to say what one feels they need to say. We all to one extent or another use our disney interests to escape from real world. But Whether we like it or not Disney et al intersects with our country's and this world's news and trends. It shouldn't drive the podcast but when it comes up it comes up. I've never felt that any of the podcast team were pushing their individual agendas at anyone.

11. AdamEfimoff

AdamEfimoff DIS Veteran

The most political thing was the SeaWorld Podcast on the dreams unlimited show. I did not watch it. But to be honest, if that worries you you should not look at anything at all.

12. EastYorkDisneyFan

EastYorkDisneyFan DIS Veteran

no it was about the southern flag. Pete was out of town and the argument got pretty heated on the podcast and in the form afterwards.

13. Tonyz

Tonyz How do ya do? Pretty good, sure as you're born!

Politics as Usual. Great Jay-Z tune.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  14. DisneyKevin

DisneyKevin Kelvis Moderator

This made me roll my eyes.:rolleyes1

15. Princess Jes

Princess Jes DIS Veteran

I'm not American and this doesn't bother me in the slightest. I actually appreciate hearing a little bit more about the team to be honest.

However, if @KingLlama decides he is going to run for POTUS, I may have to try to become a citizen just so I can vote for him ;-)

16. KingLlama

KingLlama My car finished 3rd on Radiator Springs Racers.

YES WE CAN

17. NeuroCindy

NeuroCindy DIS Veteran

[​IMG]

SorcererHeidi and disneysteve like this.
  18. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Can someone be a "king" and "president" at the same time? :scratchin

#MakeAmericaDuffyFreeAgain

19. disneyland_is_magic

disneyland_is_magic Mouseketeer

Eh, I don't think the politics are too bad on the show, but I think feedback is great and important to give people space to speak up. Please don't pile on folks for giving feedback.
    A week ago I was at a restaurant where they were offering a dessert "suicide by chocolate" advertised quite prominently. We had been at the hospital for two weeks round the clock at the bedside of a family member who had attempted suicide. We were preparing to release them from life support and I needed mental space so my BF insisted on a day trip.
    I didn't say anything because I was raw emotionally, but the cheeky, seemingly innocent promotion was VERY offensive to me.
    My example is extreme but I think open feedback is excellent, I have a low tolerance for violent images, political discussions in general right now. Chopping heads off as a joke it is NOT okay and inexcusable and understand why others need/want to shield themselves. We all take turns and I am sure I will forget eventually to be as sensitive. I hope not, but it's human.

20. Tonyz

Tonyz How do ya do? Pretty good, sure as you're born!

Build a wall around all of them!

Princess Jes likes this.
  21. disneyland_is_magic

disneyland_is_magic Mouseketeer

Edited for softer tone

Okay I went back and listened to last week's podcast. Kevin, I believe what she did was disgusting. Period. Please don't make space or any excuse for such violence in our society. Please don't roll your eyes at me or others who point that out.
    Love and respect to you.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.