Looking for opinions...separate rooms

delux

Mouseketeer
Thinking about going next year with a bunch of our family. We are not all going to be staying in the same hotel so I'm not worried about everyone staying together. But my sister and I will be staying together and she snores. So my question is where can we stay that has 2 rooms? What's the room category? Would that be a 1 bedroom suite? Villa?
And I'm assuming a suite is expensive, so would it be cheaper to get 2 separate (maybe adjoining) rooms?

A 1-bdrm villa will only have 1 actual bed. The living room will have a pullout sofa (and maybe a pullout chair depending on the resort). These resorts are in the 'Deluxe Villa' category. There are some Deluxe resorts that have suites, but I have never stayed in one of those suites, so I can't speak to those.

Connecting rooms would be cheaper, especially if you go down to value or moderate resort category. (Connecting rooms have a door the connects them, adjoining rooms are next to each other).

I think that in every scenario except two separate rooms, the rooms with a separate sleeping area would mean that one person has to sleep on a sofa bed. The 1 bedroom villa, a 1 bedroom suite, and the Fort Wilderness cabin would all have separate rooms for sleeping.

It isn't a guarantee to get connecting rooms so if you go that route you'll have to be prepared to potentially have a room no where near hers. The one-bedroom villas have separate sleeping areas, but the second bed will be the pull out couch. Maybe alternate between the two so you each get to experience the nice king bed?

AoA would be less expensive, possibly, than a 1 br villa—but again, it has a pull out couch. Having 2 bathrooms is nice though.

Your cheapest option will be two rooms at a value resort. You can place a request for connecting rooms on the reservation, but it's not guaranteed. If you absolutely want to be together, your next best bet will most likely be a family suite at ASMu and then AoA. The cabins at Ft. W would also accommodate you, a deluxe room at WL (though that's pricey), a Jr. Suite at CBR or a 1-bedroom villa at any DVC resort. There are also 1-bedroom suites at some of the deluxes, but they are also quite pricey.

Go with two rooms wherever is in budget and request "connecting" if you want a door between them OR "adjoining" if you want them in close proximity to each other. Both are only a request. This gives you two real beds, two bathrooms and legit walls between you at snooze time.

AoA would be less expensive, possibly, than a 1 br villa—but again, it has a pull out couch. Having 2 bathrooms is nice though.

The second bed is a fold down murphy bed with real mattress.
The third bed is pull out couch.
But yes to two full bathrooms, one off bedroom and one right by murphy bed.

Last edited:
I used to snore, thankfully dropping some weight solved that issue.

I can't get a solid sleep if somebody is snoring so I'd vote for adjoining rooms.

Your cheapest option will be two rooms at a value resort. You can place a request for connecting rooms on the reservation, but it's not guaranteed. If you absolutely want to be together, your next best bet will most likely be a family suite at ASMu and then AoA. The cabins at Ft. W would also accommodate you, a deluxe room at WL (though that's pricey), a Jr. Suite at CBR or a 1-bedroom villa at any DVC resort. There are also 1-bedroom suites at some of the deluxes, but they are also quite pricey.

What's the difference between a 1 br villa and 1 br suite? Is it the kitchenette in the villa?

She has a cpap and hates it never uses it. I made her bring it last time and she threw it off after about an hour. I vowed I would never go with her again LOLOL!!! And here we are...

I travel with MIL & SIL who snore horribly. I swear the walls will cave in because they snore so badly. I plug Bose noise canceling earbuds into my phone and listen to a white noise app in order to sleep. It works great for me. We are going on an eight night cruise next year and I’m bringing two pairs of the earbuds in case one pair breaks.

What's the difference between a 1 br villa and 1 br suite? Is it the kitchenette in the villa?

The 1-bedroom villas are at the DVC properties and would give you a king in the master, pull-out in the living room, plus a full kitchen and a washer/dryer. The 1-bedroom suites are typically club level rooms on the resort side (deluxe properties) and would, again, come with a queen or king plus a pull-out but no kitchen or w/d. The suites come with club level privileges and are, typically, more expensive than the villas. In either case, someone is on a pull-out. IMHO, if you don't mind a value, your most comfortable option would be 2 separate rooms so you have real beds and two bathrooms. The family suites at AoA and ASMu also offer two bathrooms, but, again, someone will be on a pull-out.

The family suites at AoA and ASMu also offer two bathrooms, but, again, someone will be on a pull-out.

I can't speak for ASMu but at AoA, there is a bed in the bedroom and a very comfortable (I found it more comfortable than the regular bed) Murphy bed with a regular mattress - not a pull-out. So, each person would have a bed and a full bathroom but no kitchen or washer/dryer at AofA. With two people, no one would be on the sofa pull-out.

I've stayed in several different 1 br DVC resorts and I would choose AofA in the OP's situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter