Looking For Feedback On My Dining Ressies!

manooly

Mouseketeer
My family and I (wife and two daughters of 6 and 8) will be vacationing in Disney World on 8/24 - 9/1 this summer. I think I have narrowed down all of our Dining Reservations. Yep, we'll be on the Dining Plan. We'll also be staying at CBR. I'm going to list the park we will be at for each day and the reservation we have. I'd love for you all to take a look and provide any feedback you might have. I do have some other reservations booked also if these don't work out. I'd like to finalize them so I can cancel the extra reservations I have to free them up for others. Here we go...

8/24 - Magic Kingdom - 7:30pm Crystal Palace
8/25 - Magic Kingdom - 6:50pm Tony's Town Square
8/26 - Blizzard Beach - 7:00pm Raglan Road Irish Pub (DTD)
8/27 - Animal Kingdom - 6:20pm Boma Dinner Buffet
8/28 - EPCOT - 9:40am Akershus Princess Breakfast
8/29 - Typhoon Lagoon - 8:20pm Ohana
8/30 - Hollywood Studios - 5:30pm Cape May Cafe Buffet
8/31 - Magic Kingdom (maybe) - 6:40pm Chef Mickey's

There you go! Please give me any tips/suggestions you might have. Things like...Is the 8:20pm rezzie for Ohana a good idea considering transportation? Will we "feel" the WISHES fireworks crowd coming from dinner? Keep in mind that we are quite flexible and that on this schedule we will still have 4 Table Services left. Any suggestions as to where we should go with them? I look forward to any and all feedback you might have for me.

Thanks for your time!

- manooly

** Sorry for the double post but I just realized that this is where I should've posted!!! **

My family and I (wife and two daughters of 6 and 8) will be vacationing in Disney World on 8/24 - 9/1 this summer. I think I have narrowed down all of our Dining Reservations. Yep, we'll be on the Dining Plan. We'll also be staying at CBR. I'm going to list the park we will be at for each day and the reservation we have. I'd love for you all to take a look and provide any feedback you might have. I do have some other reservations booked also if these don't work out. I'd like to finalize them so I can cancel the extra reservations I have to free them up for others. Here we go...

There you go! Please give me any tips/suggestions you might have. Things like...Is the 8:20pm rezzie for Ohana a good idea considering transportation? Will we "feel" the WISHES fireworks crowd coming from dinner? Keep in mind that we are quite flexible and that on this schedule we will still have 4 Table Services left. Any suggestions as to where we should go with them? I look forward to any and all feedback you might have for me.

Thanks for your time!

- manooly

** Sorry for the double post but I just realized that this is where I should've posted!!! **

Thanks for your time!

- manooly

It looks like you have a good selection of places. Another good place to eat in DTD is Planet Hollywood. It's my DD6's place to eat down there. Ever since she was small she would always ask to eat at the Big Blue Ball.
I noticed you didn't have any EPCOT dinners planned. A place I discovered 2 trips back was Toyko Dining and Teppan Edo. They are in the Japan Pavilion and both restaurants are in the same place, the Toyko Dining (Japanese Steakhouse) side is a fun experience where they cook the food right in front of you and put on a nice show (my daughter and my friends kids loved it). The food was really good and the green tea pudding is excellent. The Teppan Edo (sushi and tempura) side is a great place to get a meal where you don't feel weighed down by having eaten a heavy meal. I had chicken and veggie tempura and it was so yummy and lite yet I was happily full, not disgustingly full.
Also at EPCOT I usually eat at the Rose and Crown and have never had a bad meal there either.

I can comment on a few of your choices.

Crystal Palace is wonderful for dinner. Haven't been to the breakfast but hear that is good to.
The characters are great (Pooh and friends) and the food very good.
I also love the atmosphere here. It is like "mary poppins" so quaint and old world style. Just lovely.

Ohana, we love the food. Not a big fan of the restaurant though. The later in the evening the louder it gets, not to mention we have had slow service at that time too. But again the food is great.

Boma....this is one place we did not like. Our mistake, which not a lot of people know is African cooking is done with a lot of sweet spices, not hot spices. Even the meat....it was coated in a cinnamon tasting spice. The soups, all the dishes had a overwhelming sweet taste to them.
The food wasn't bad....just not what we like. So if you like your foods (including meat) to have a sweet taste then you will love it.
As for the restaurant itself, it wasn't bad or good. Just another buffet as far as I was concerned. Again, wasn't bad food, just not what we like.

Chef Mickey's, we loved this meal. All the foods were wonderful, characters so cute and the service was good. The CMs were always keeping the trays on the buffet filled with fresh/hot foods and the meats were done perfectly.

Hopefully some others can fill you in on their experiences for your other placees. Good luck and enjoy your vacation.

here is my opinions
8/24 - Magic Kingdom - 7:30pm Crystal Palace - love CP
8/25 - Magic Kingdom - 6:50pm Tony's Town Square not a big fan, but the inside is cute, ltt has better food
8/26 - Blizzard Beach - 7:00pm Raglan Road Irish Pub (DTD) - the service was great, but was not a fan of the food very bland to me, i thing WPC would be better
8/27 - Animal Kingdom - 6:20pm Boma Dinner Buffet - we love boma a must do for us
8/28 - EPCOT - 9:40am Akershus Princess Breakfast - this one is fun and a good experience
8/29 - Typhoon Lagoon - 8:20pm Ohana - i would movei t a little earlier if possible
8/30 - Hollywood Studios - 5:30pm Cape May Cafe Buffet - 50's prime time would be a fun option and less transportation issues
8/31 - Magic Kingdom (maybe) - 6:40pm Chef Mickey's - another must do for us

maybe a tusker house safari breakfast before rd on your AK day and maybe a coral reef dinner on your epcot day
are you on the deluxe or basic dining, i am trying to figure out how you have 4 pts left

Thanks for your time!

- manooly[/QUOTE]

We ate at Cape May Cafe last year on our first day. Our whole party loved it, including 2 DD's 4 and 8. That is one of the meals we all still talk about. We loved the food and after dinner walking over the bridge to the Boardwalk.:) It was a great start to our vacation which included 4 adults and 2 children.

We ate at Ohana for breakfast and that was a favorite also. The character interaction was great and the juice was excellent! Food was good too, but waitress a little slow. We didn't mind though. We were one of the last ADRs and noone rushed us out. We are repeating both of these this year.
:banana:

We ate at Raglan road when DDs were 1 and 5. Fun atmosphere, but we really didn't like the food. i think it was just our personal taste. It was a little different and we didn't care for it.

Crystal Palace was fun and the food was good. Character interaction was good too.

One other thing we all absolutely loved was the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review dinner show! Very funny:rotfl2: and great food! This took 2 TS credits but was worth it to us!

Have fun!

We leave in 5 dyas! Can't wait!:cool1:

/24 - Magic Kingdom - 7:30pm Crystal Palace Love it
8/25 - Magic Kingdom - 6:50pm Tony's Town Square love it
8/26 - Blizzard Beach - 7:00pm Raglan Road Irish Pub (DTD)Trying in August heard all good can't wait,
8/27 - Animal Kingdom - 6:20pm Boma Dinner Buffet love it
8/28 - EPCOT - 9:40am Akershus Princess BreakfastNever been
8/29 - Typhoon Lagoon - 8:20pm Ohana didn't like the food
8/30 - Hollywood Studios - 5:30pm Cape May Cafe Buffetlove it
8/31 - Magic Kingdom (maybe) - 6:40pm Chef Mickey's THE BEST :thumbsup2

Places look great but are you sure your kids can wait that late to eat dinner? I know my DD7 would be foaming at the mouth if she had to wait till almost 7 to eat dinner and remember there may be wait times for tables also. At the buffets it might not be a issue but at other places have a snack time plan or you might find some not so magical kids. Just a thought.

A few thoughts...

8/24 - Magic Kingdom - 7:30pm Crystal Palace - Great choice, great atmosphere
8/25 - Magic Kingdom - 6:50pm Tony's Town Square - Haven't eaten here in years, but the menu looks good
8/26 - Blizzard Beach - 7:00pm Raglan Road Irish Pub (DTD) - No comment because I haven't tried it!
8/27 - Animal Kingdom - 6:20pm Boma Dinner Buffet - Loved Boma for Breakfast and it seems to be a fan favorite around here!
8/28 - EPCOT - 9:40am Akershus Princess Breakfast - Sounds good, never been
8/29 - Typhoon Lagoon - 8:20pm Ohana - LOVE Ohana, with that time ressie you may catch some of the MK fireworks
8/30 - Hollywood Studios - 5:30pm Cape May Cafe Buffet - You can take the boat from HS. Went to CapyMay for breakfast and it was great
8/31 - Magic Kingdom (maybe) - 6:40pm Chef Mickey's - LOVE CM - it's a must-do for us every trip! Make sure you get the mashed potatoes!! :lovestruc

Here's another guy's thoughts. We'll be there almost the same time. We're staying 8/22 to 8/30.

My kids loved this one. We did breakfast here twice last time, and they loved the food. Haven't done dinner here in a while, but I do recall not being disappointed. This is a bit late for dinner, so hopefully, your kids can last this long.

A better time slot. I liked Tony's when we went here in '07. My wife did not, but she didn't like the dish, or our particular waiter. No fault here. Our kids enjoyed it, more or less, as our DD slept through dinner.

Haven't done this place before. When we do DTD, we try to do a resort restaurant. We don't spend all day here, as our kids get bored of it, rather quickly. If you are arriving later, this can still work.

Haven't done this one either. AK is usually another resort dinner night since the park closes early. However, we usually head to Chef Mickey's this meal.

This was great. We did this twice last time as well. The food is good, and the princess interaction, can't be beaten. I liked the dinner better in '07, but the breakfast was good. Your daughters should love this place.

Haven't done this one either, but it's on our list for our arrival day. It looks great. My kids aren't big on water, or pools, so we skip the water parks.

The wife and I were not thrilled with this one. We did it in '02 I think. It was just OK. I would agree with a PP, to try 50's Prime Time for dinner. It's a fun experience too.

A good choice! We always do this as well. Usually on our AK day or DTD day, depending on when we got our ADR. This upcoming trip is on our AK day, I believe.

manooly;37038299 8/29 - Typhoon Lagoon - 8:20pm Ohana Is the 8:20pm rezzie for Ohana a good idea considering transportation? Will we "feel" the WISHES fireworks crowd coming from dinner? - manooly[/QUOTE said:
I think the 8:20pm O'Hana is a great idea. Summer Nightastic Fireworks start at 9:00pm that night and you can walk down to the beach at the Polynesian and have a great view from there. If you are still there, you may be able to see them from your table at O'Hana. The experience would be well worth a little extra traffic getting back to your resort. We booked around that time to incorporate the fireworks show on purpose. Regardless, I doubt that you will get any other earlier time at O'Hana anyway- so enjoy!

In general, my kids (ages 5 & 10) do better with earlier dinner reservations, since touring and swimming make us all hungry earlier than our usual dinner time. And when we're hungry and worn out from the HEAT of August, we're crabby (hence the name Crabbygal!) I try to make ADRs in the 5:30ish range. We rarely have to wait for a table after checking in with our ADR (waiting is no fun with young kids who want to eat RIGHT NOW) and beat the dinner crowds to the restaurants that begin arriving in full force around 6:00.

8/24 - Magic Kingdom - 7:30pm Crystal Palace Also, CP can get a crazy with all the crowds and activity...another reason to see if you can push the ADR forward a bit for a more relaxed meal.
8/26 - Blizzard Beach - 7:00pm Raglan Road Irish Pub (DTD) I have heard that there is a wonderful appetizer there called Appetiser D'Lirrah for Two
8/27 - Animal Kingdom - 6:20pm Boma Dinner Buffet Zebra Domes!
8/28 - EPCOT - 9:40am Akershus Princess Breakfast I'd try for the earliest ADR I could get--fresh food, 'fresher' characters who aren't tired after an hour and a half of meeting and greeting, less crowds
8/29 - Typhoon Lagoon - 8:20pm Ohana Love this place! My DH's absolute favorite for the meats and Lapu Lapus! The kids will enjoy the entertainment, too. You will *probably* get to see Wishes from the restaurant, depending on your table location and when you are actually seated. As far as transportation issues afterwards...it usually takes us a good hour and a half or more to have dinner here because of all the courses being served and the kids getting up to participate in the fun, so that puts you leaving at about 10:00 Should be no problem. Since the MK will be staying open for EMH until 12:00, you could always head over to the MK afterwards if the kids are nightowls!
8/30 - Hollywood Studios - 5:30pm Cape May Cafe Buffet Another great choice! Very smart, picking this one that is just a boat ride away from DHS
8/31 - Magic Kingdom (maybe) - 6:40pm Chef Mickey's The kids will love it. Unfortunately, the adults might not love it so much. We've been there many times, and the service seems to be getting worse and worse each time. :confused:

]I certainly don't mean to imply that you're not going to have a great time with later ADRs, you can certainly make it work for you--taking breaks, having snacks, etc. Do whatever works best for your family! Have a great trip.

1) 8/24 - Magic Kingdom - 7:30pm Crystal Palace
2) 8/25 - Magic Kingdom - 6:50pm Tony's Town Square
3) 8/26 - Blizzard Beach - 7:00pm Raglan Road Irish Pub (DTD)
4) 8/27 - Animal Kingdom - 6:20pm Boma Dinner Buffet
5) 8/28 - EPCOT - 9:40am Akershus Princess Breakfast
6) 8/29 - Typhoon Lagoon - 8:20pm Ohana
7) 8/30 - Hollywood Studios - 5:30pm Cape May Cafe Buffet
8) 8/31 - Magic Kingdom (maybe) - 6:40pm Chef Mickey's

Thanks for your time!

- manooly

Ummm...I'm confused here..I count 8 nights you're staying, which would give you 8 TS. How would you have 4 table service left when you're showing 8 TS on this schedule?

We've eaten at all of these except 'Ohana and liked the food. Agree with PP about the lateness of some of these reservations, though...are your kids used to eating supper that late? And even if they are, will they be able to stay awake after a long, long day in the heat (even the day at the water parks will wear them out.)

Sorry....we are leaving on 9/1 so we have 4 Table Services left for that day also. We'll be leaving early so we will not be able to use the Table services for that day.

- manooly

Sorry....we are leaving on 9/1 so we have 4 Table Services left for that day also. We'll be leaving early so we will not be able to use the Table services for that day.

- manooly
Are you doing the Deluxe Dining Plan? That would explain the extra table services.

Are you doing the Deluxe Dining Plan? That would explain the extra table services.

Nope, just the regular Disney Dining Plan. We are staying 8/24 - 9/1. That is actually 9 days worth of Table Services. I've only scheduled 8 days worth leaving us with 4 leftover. We will be leaving on 9/1 too early to book another reservation. So, I'm trying to figure out where we could fit in another one. I guess I could save a couple for some in-room pizza delivery.

- manooly

Nope, just the regular Disney Dining Plan. We are staying 8/24 - 9/1. That is actually 9 days worth of Table Services. I've only scheduled 8 days worth leaving us with 4 leftover. We will be leaving on 9/1 too early to book another reservation. So, I'm trying to figure out where we could fit in another one. I guess I could save a couple for some in-room pizza delivery.

- manooly
Hi OP-
I'm not 100 percent sure you are using the DDP correctly then which is why I think others are confused. If you are checking in on 8/24 and checking out on 9/1 the DDP goes by how many nights you are reserved at the hotel which would only be 8 nights so you will get a total of 8 Counter Service Meals, 8 Sit down Meals and 8 snacks per person. So you have 8 Sit down Meals already booked, that is all you get unless you book an additional night at the hotel.

Let us know if you have any questions.

I would schedule a breakfast on a day when you only have dinner plans for a late night. This way you can use your cs for lunch and have your snack credits for another day. Any you won't waste your TS credits. Maybe try 1900 Park Fare for b-fast on the day your are eating Ohana for dinner.

Hi OP-
I'm not 100 percent sure you are using the DDP correctly then which is why I think others are confused. If you are checking in on 8/24 and checking out on 9/1 the DDP goes by how many nights you are reserved at the hotel which would only be 8 nights so you will get a total of 8 Counter Service Meals, 8 Sit down Meals and 8 snacks per person. So you have 8 Sit down Meals already booked, that is all you get unless you book an additional night at the hotel.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Yep, I believe you are correct. Not sure why I thought I had 9 TS for each of us. Maybe I was thinking we would be there 9 days and get 9 TS credits each. Not the case right? It is only based on how many nights you stay correct? Thanks!

BTW: I am getting the 9-day ticket option though for staying 8/24 - 9/1. Still not sure about the 9 or 8 day TS/QS/Snacks though. Can someone confirm this for me??? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter