• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Looking for budget summer lunch ideas........

SnowWhite607

DIS Veteran
My husband and I are both teachers and usually brown bag during the school year. On the weekends, we usually eat dinner at home but eat lunch out. I dont like to cook 3 meals a day. I would love some meal ideas that we could have for lunch (kind of light and good for hot weather) that wont have me chained to the stove during my summer vacation.

We just purchased a new car and cant really afford lunch out every day.

My husband doesnt like pasta so pasta salad is out. This week I got stuff for chicken salad, cold cuts and cheese, frozen pizza and salad.

I would love any other budget friendly ideas that anyone can give me. Its me, hubby and DD9. THANK YOU!!!

fresh fruits, cold cuts, cubed cheeses, apples and peanut butter. We are nibblers at lunch. Also, I will grill extra meats from the night before and make salads for lunch, example shrimp, chicken, steak salads.

chef salads are great... open faced tomato cheese sandwiches on english muffins (can double as b'fast or brunch!)... anything that your farmstand has on sale/in season... fruit and cheese... soup (my mom says hot on the inside/cool on the outside)... sloppy joes... bbq pulled pork in the crock pot (doesn't heat up the house like the oven does!)...

i would also consider switching your bigger/heavier meal to lunchtime and going real light and breezy for supper... we do this often and it's actually quite refreshing...

we also typically do a "big grill" on saturdays or sundays with a variety of meats and then reheat the leftovers in the micro (or eat them cold on salad if steak or chicken) during the week for a quick meal...

In the summers we only do two meals a day. We sleep in (no alarms...heaven!!) and then do "brunch" after we've been up a while and get hungry. We just aren't as hungry in the warmer weather.

I do sandwiches, salads, frozen pizza, leftovers, crackers and cheese/fresh fruit, french toast, egg sandwiches etc...

Then we do our big main meal a bit earlier around 5:00.

We usually eat only 2 meals in the summer. Breakfast is usually cereal and fruit, and then we have a late lunch, early supper. When we have lunch it's usually PB and J!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter