Looking for an off-site hotel with great pool

sk36742

Earning My Ears
I want to bring the family down for spring break to escape the winter. We will go to the parks for a day or two and maybe to Universal, but I think most of our time will be relaxing at the hotel so I want a place that has a great pool and other fun activities for the kids. We typically stay on property but the prices are too high for us. Any suggestions for hotels near Disney (or Universal) that could fit? I'm open to other suggestions as well, like vrbo. I just need stuff to do with the kids that doesn't involve spending money at the parks.

Despite it's lack of a slide, we thought the pool at Universal's Royal Pacific was neat. The Wyndham Bonnet Creek complex has several nice pools including a lazy river or two.

There's also a lot to be said for renting a pool home. Often they are set up so that you can make nachos (or mix the drinks) in the kitchen while you keep an eye on the pool.

When we are off-site, we usually stay at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista. There are 4 buildings that surround the 2 swimming pools. They have a waterslide, a couple basketball hoops, volleyball net, 2 hot tubs, and a zero entry area with some splash fountains for the real small kids. The outside bar is really nice and the food is good too. I have seen some people complain about the rooms not being clean, but i have probably stayed here 20 different times over the past 5 years and never had a problem. You can usually get rooms for close to $100 per night, but they do hit you with a resort fee and a parking fee.

Look at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace. It has a lazy river and is across the street from DS. We have stayed here and done things like miniature golf (the Pirate Adventure Golf is nearby), walked around Disney Springs, played golf at Lake Buena Vista at Saratoga Springs, etc. We stayed in the tower and the outer suites and my kids prefer the outer suite building. We stayed in a 1 BR suite and loved the extra space and extra half bathroom.

I would look at the Universal hotels. They are a much better value for the price. From the top tier Loews that include express pass in the parks to the midline Cabana Bay, Aventura and Sapphire that look awesome and the new value ones Endless Summer that put Disney values to shame.

If it were me I'd look at Cabana Bay first.

https://www.universalorlando.com/we...sals-cabana-bay-beach-resort#pools-activities

Look at The Omni Hotel at Champions Gate off Hwy 27 & I-4

Lots to do in the area & good places to eat on Hwy 192 near Animal Kingdom ( 15 min away )

Bonnet Creek is located on land Disney never owned although many consider it onsite

I recently saw a list of the best pools. Included was Hard Rock Hotel, 4 Seasons, Hyatt Grand Cypress

I recently saw a list of the best pools. Included was Hard Rock Hotel, 4 Seasons, Hyatt Grand Cypress

Be careful with the Hard Rock. My kids did NOT like the pool there. The deepest part of the pool is probably 3 feet. Although its usually a little bit pricier, they much preferred Portofino Bay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter