Look what I just got!!

Congrats Rhonda and as everyone else has warned...Please be careful !! As a former rider and a PT Please be careful....and FYI a lot of accidents happen frequently during left hand turns!!!!!!!!!!! Janet

Always ride with the brights on....day and night. Id also suggest removing the baffles from the exhaust so you'd have an audible element, but being that its only 250cc, it probably wont make too much of a difference. Ive always been a believer that loud pipes save lives.

I like bikes, use to ride dirt bikes just not worth the pain to me anymore. Have fun Rhonda. My DW has wanted a bike since we got married. I bought golf carts instead.

Congrats Rhonda! I sure wish I still had my Honda 250cc run around town jobber. I sold it when I moved back to FL because I was afraid of being a hood ornament of a Lincoln. The oldies but goodies really don't see you! Deb is right, please be careful!

Congrats Rhonda and as everyone else has warned...Please be careful !! As a former rider and a PT Please be careful....and FYI a lot of accidents happen frequently during left hand turns!!!!!!!!!!! Janet

Years ago (we were in our 20's) DH had a KZ1000 (loved that bike). On his way to work one morning a lady made a left turn right in front of him!! He had to dump the bike to keep from hitting her. Now, get this.... she stopped to see if he was okay (just a little bruised - but otherwise okay). This gal was probably in her 40's & said she was on her way to the hospital to see her son who had just been in a motorcycle accident. Rick (who is normally calm and cool) got in her face and said, "Did ya think he was lonely and needed some company???"

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr yup I sure believe it! One of my buddies is a former patient of mine! He and his GF were riding and a Lady was on her cell phone and ran though a redlight...didn't see it or them! Now he has a permanent limp after TWO surgeries.I decided to sell my bike after that...my reaction time has slowed down the last few years and :rotfl: I've developed a severe allergy to asphalt!!!!!!!!!I miss my Harley every time I hear one but I have a lot more living I want to do and i seem to be getting more patients all the time from MC accidents...I'll just drive the truck!! Sniff Sniff!

I can't find a golf cart smiley. But I did find this one!
3.gif

Never mind they didn't turn out right, please ignore previous message.... LOL

Nice ride, Rhonda. From another scooter rider, let me emphasize the safety. Never go without the helmet, always wear long pants, heavy boots, good gloves with knuckle protection, and an armored jacket. No kidding. If you flop it, every piece of exposed skin will be gone and left on the asphalt. Always assume the cagers can't see you and are trying to kill you if possible. I have approached intersections when I actually made eye contact with the car driver and they still pulled out in front of me. Keep away from parked cars - a suddenly opened car door can be fatal. I would suggest replacing the road runner horn they always put on with a Freeway Blaster. It's only about 20 bucks at Pep Boys but makes a world of difference. The MSF course is a great idea. I have a friend who is an instructor. Have fun!

Nice ride, Rhonda. From another scooter rider, let me emphasize the safety. Never go without the helmet, always wear long pants, heavy boots, good gloves with knuckle protection, and an armored jacket. No kidding. If you flop it, every piece of exposed skin will be gone and left on the asphalt. Always assume the cagers can't see you and are trying to kill you if possible. I have approached intersections when I actually made eye contact with the car driver and they still pulled out in front of me. Keep away from parked cars - a suddenly opened car door can be fatal. I would suggest replacing the road runner horn they always put on with a Freeway Blaster. It's only about 20 bucks at Pep Boys but makes a world of difference. The MSF course is a great idea. I have a friend who is an instructor. Have fun!

Rhonda, nice scooter. Follow Jim's advice. It will save you. I always wore full gear, even on 100 degree days here in Dallas. The one time that I went down was a low speed accident not involving any other vehicle, but had I not been wearing my gear I would have ended up a lot worse than the ankle full of hardware I ended up with. The severe scuff marks on my helmet and jacket indicated the injuries could have been a lot worse.

I agree about the safety thing. You always have to be watching out for the other person. People are all the time pulling out in front of me. I don't know why they can't pay attention. It is white and BRIGHT green for pete sake and has a headlight on. There has actually been several fatalities on motorcycles in our area the past few weeks. Sad. :sad2:

Be safe and have fun!

Since were sharing our new toy gas savers I thought I would add my new family member. She gets about 45 mpg if I keep it under a hundred. It's a 2001 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail.

Picture1078.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter