Longest you've waited for a WDW attraction

Maybe 75-90minutes for soaring? When I got in line it said 20. They kept announcing small delays. Me and some girls were in the front of the line so we stuck it out. But that is way more time then I ever wanted to spend on soaring.

The only thing I've EVER waited longer for is Peter Pan at DL.

Splash Mountain, circa 1997. Numerous technical difficulties while waiting in that looooooong winding outdoor portion of the queue. 3+ hours easily. Got really sun burnt that day.

Not sure exactly but I think I've been in line for at least an hour more than once. I know that the lines were so long for TSM the year it opened that we skipped it. We even had to skip it the following trip for the same reason. I think the most I will stand in line is about an hour.

We waited several hours for a photo with the seven dwarves (primarily Grumpy, for DF). Beyond that, we're both too impatient to wait more than 20-30 minutes.

I must admit that I have been quite spoiled at WDW... going off season for my longer visits and also staying quite some time on site. That made us never stress, and being able to be very flexible with how we planned the days and explored the parks.

That said, I believe the longest we waited back then was probably for something like Soarin' or Test Track in Epcot, and we were in line for 45 - 60 min. :duck:
Yeah, we were spoiled and if there was a 25+ minute wait we'd circle around and tried again a little later or the next time we came back to the park. Also utilizing the EMH for favorite attractions if they were being offered before or after regular park hours. ::MickeyMo

About 2 hours for Splash Mountain. June of 1997. Senior class trip.

My threshold these days is 20 minutes for a regular ride and 45 for an "E-Ticket". May have to break those a bit next trip since crowds are supposed to be high.

Currently there's a sign at AK that states due to high demand Pandora not taking any more guests for the day! river journey ride is 200 min., 250 for flight of passage. Kali is 90 min. Safari 65. Sample of wait times at other parks during opening day Pandora:

Aerosmith 95
TSMM 65
ToT 45

FEA 65
Soarin 80
TT 80

Pan 70
Space 70
7DMT 60
Thunder 45
Pirates 45

Well as the apparent old timer - I have been going since the 70s. My parents are teachers so it was always July - and this was back in the days of ticket books. I remember 2 hour waits for Space Mountain being the norm.

Longest wait was Jan 2 1990 - why. Every college student in Florida who attended a bowl game the day before was at MK. I remember walking in Frontierland and it was wall to wall people. Everything was 2 plus hours and we waited 2.5 hours to ride Big Thunder that day. Pre-FP

I had to laugh at the recollection. The longest I ever stood in line to see any attraction was to see Mickey Mouse. Can you believe it? It was the first time we ever went to the park, way back in 1978 or 1979. After listening to my kids all morning asking Where's Mickey? Where's Mickey? Where's Mickey? we finally took them to Mickey's House (probably at peak afternoon time) and we waited forever. Something like 2 hours. It might have been even longer. At least it seemed that way. Oh did I mention it was August and the temperatures were over 100 degrees everyday. Anna and Elsa had nothing on Mickey's early popularity. 20 to 30 minutes is now my max.

I had to laugh at the recollection. The longest I ever stood in line to see any attraction was to see Mickey Mouse. Can you believe it? It was the first time we ever went to the park, way back in 1978 or 1979. After listening to my kids all morning asking Where's Mickey? Where's Mickey? Where's Mickey? we finally took them to Mickey's House (probably at peak afternoon time) and we waited forever. Something like 2 hours. It might have been even longer. At least it seemed that way. Oh did I mention it was August and the temperatures were over 100 degrees everyday. Anna and Elsa had nothing on Mickey's early popularity. 20 to 30 minutes is now my max.

Neat that your longest wait was for Mickey! It fits. So the houses that were there in place of the tent meet and greets, big top tent, dumbo/goofy area that are there now.

I am absolutely sure that I have waited 2 hours or so for ToT or one of the Mountains in the 90's, waiting in line in summertime was just normal. But the most recent longest wait in the past decade was 80 + mins for RnR in 2015. It also ended up being my 1st encounter w/a protein spill at WDW :scared1: Pretty good considering I've been going since the mid 80's, but alas the time had come.

The wait time was listed as 55 mins, totally do-able, but about 20mins in the line completely halts and the announcements comes over saying there are issues. People start leaving the line in front of us as 20mins turns to 30, 40, etc. We're in it for the long haul so we stay in line. Finally after 60mins the line starts going and when we finally approach the ride vehicle and I step in, I smell it....I've already sat down, I look up at my BFF and say "OH GOD, NO!!" He's like "What? WHAT??!!" It's then that I realize there were no "technical difficulties" this entire time, they must have been cleaning up a protein spill, and guess who was sitting in the recently de-puked seats :crazy2:!!!!
It was too late to step out, the harnesses were coming down, I could see the floor glistening from just being washed and all I can think is, "Oh God, the loop!!" I was SO sure that once we went upside down any trapped "protein" was going to spill all over us!! It was the WORST ride ever, SO much anxiety.

After such a long wait, no, no residual puke spilled during the loop, however, when you pull back into the station where everything is illuminated by black light we were able to see EXACTLY what horror had just taken place all over the dash in front of us. As well little flecks of cleaning product/protein were spotted all over our clothes...needless to say we headed right to the bathrooms to disinfect ourselves. Longest wait for the most terrifying ride I've ever had in WDW!!:rotfl:

I am absolutely sure that I have waited 2 hours or so for ToT or one of the Mountains in the 90's, waiting in line in summertime was just normal. But the most recent longest wait in the past decade was 80 + mins for RnR in 2015. It also ended up being my 1st encounter w/a protein spill at WDW :scared1: Pretty good considering I've been going since the mid 80's, but alas the time had come.

The wait time was listed as 55 mins, totally do-able, but about 20mins in the line completely halts and the announcements comes over saying there are issues. People start leaving the line in front of us as 20mins turns to 30, 40, etc. We're in it for the long haul so we stay in line. Finally after 60mins the line starts going and when we finally approach the ride vehicle and I step in, I smell it....I've already sat down, I look up at my BFF and say "OH GOD, NO!!" He's like "What? WHAT??!!" It's then that I realize there were no "technical difficulties" this entire time, they must have been cleaning up a protein spill, and guess who was sitting in the recently de-puked seats :crazy2:!!!!
It was too late to step out, the harnesses were coming down, I could see the floor glistening from just being washed and all I can think is, "Oh God, the loop!!" I was SO sure that once we went upside down any trapped "protein" was going to spill all over us!! It was the WORST ride ever, SO much anxiety.

After such a long wait, no, no residual puke spilled during the loop, however, when you pull back into the station where everything is illuminated by black light we were able to see EXACTLY what horror had just taken place all over the dash in front of us. As well little flecks of cleaning product/protein were spotted all over our clothes...needless to say we headed right to the bathrooms to disinfect ourselves. Longest wait for the most terrifying ride I've ever had in WDW!!:rotfl:

Hilarious! Both wife and love your story. Despite the wait, I think I might have asked to be taken off at the harness checks before launch (maybe they'd still set you aside for another) but made for a bad memory/great story. For sure.

Seen articles that the ride limos are actually designed to retain spilled objects - more purses and water bottles vs human spills. We usually single rider Aerosmith, and I once rode with a man who dumped his entire grocery bag of apples. During the 2 loops, they rolled around but amazingly didn't fall out- I was expecting them to dent my face during the loops.

Love reading this thread! So nostalgic for me, also.

My first two trips was as a 15 and 16 yr old in '91/92 with my family as part of a school group - each park, one day. Never thought we'd ever get back, so we tried to do EVERYTHING. I remember the night we got back from EPCOT - there from open until after Illuminations and the dreaded walk back to our motor coach - I landed on the hotel bed to wait for my brother to get out of the shower and I literally could not move from that position for about an hour.:crazy2:

So back on those two trips I remember the WHOLE queue for BTMRR, Space, and the Living Seas :sad2: Can you even imagine waiting for over an hour for THE LIVING SEAS?! :P I'm sure it was somewhere between 1-2 hours for those rides. Every time we came to a new part of the queue we thought FOR SURE the ride was just around the corner....but nope. :mad: I still have flashbacks when I zoom though those spots in the queues now. :scared:

I know I've waited around the hour mark for characters with my daughter, but that doesn't seem as bad as they were well-worth the wait.

A couple of years ago in June I went to a conference with a great group of work friends. We were all big kids at heart. We got to MK about 3PM on our arrival day. We decided to walk on some of the rides just because it was our only time there during the conference. I think we waited close to an hour on BTMRR, but you know what? As adults, who were having fun together, just glad to be out of school and without our own children hanging on us (we're all teachers) and just enjoying the company together, we actually really liked waiting in line together and it never felt like mindless waiting.

Longest wait I can recall is about 75 minutes for Peter Pan. Usually, if the wait is long, we just skip it. too many fun things to do to spend a big chunk of the day in lines

45 minutes is my max that I'm willing to wait for any ride that's been made to date. Jungle Cruise tricked me into waiting an hour one time when they had a 35 minute wait posted that turned out to be inaccurate.

We had made good time riding everything else in Magic Kingdom one time, and we had an hour to kill before our dinner reservation, so we just stood in the 45 minute line for Haunted Mansion and goofed around. The cool thing about those rides is that there's lots of things to look at while waiting.

Hilarious! Both wife and love your story. Despite the wait, I think I might have asked to be taken off at the harness checks before launch (maybe they'd still set you aside for another) but made for a bad memory/great story. For sure.

Seen articles that the ride limos are actually designed to retain spilled objects - more purses and water bottles vs human spills. We usually single rider Aerosmith, and I once rode with a man who dumped his entire grocery bag of apples. During the 2 loops, they rolled around but amazingly didn't fall out- I was expecting them to dent my face during the loops.

Lololol!!! Of course! RnR is the PERFECT place to bring a bag of apples!!:lmao:That's too funny!
I do 2nd guess why I didn't get out, I think I just panicked. But you're right, as much as the experience stunk I am super grateful for the funny story I now have. I like to consider it "taking one for the team" :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter