Long wait time to post a reply

Still confused.
Yep, as I said I'm not aware that posting time limits are part of the infraction process. Maybe it's new... maybe it's the type of infraction... maybe it's just an odd coincidence among some posters on this thread... There definitely are some odd glitches occurring across the boards, so it could be coincidence.

It seems as if maybe there were some changes by admins on posting rules based on points but maybe the documentation wasn't updated?

Chiming in late to say that I've been naughty and was given the 40 points. I was actually messaged by one of the webmasters who wrote that my ability to use the conversation system would be limited. Since I'm only able to make three posts before being locked out for 50 minutes, I took it to mean I have a post limit for the time being. This restriction is supposed to be over tomorrow I think. So we'll see if I still get locked out- never thought that it could be a glitch; I don't think it is for me.

my ability to use the conversation system would be limited.
That's the name of the PM system in this software version. See if you can send me a PM. You shouldn't be able to do so. However, signatures seem to still be there.

• 40 points - Unable to send private messages and cannot have a signature until the points expire
May, 31. Out for 45 minutes.

Last edited:
That's the name of the PM system in this software version. See if you can send me a PM. You shouldn't be able to do so. However, signatures seem to still be there.

• 40 points - Unable to send private messages and cannot have a signature until the points expire

I can't send you a PM, you're right. :headache: But my ability to have a sig was never taken away. The whole sorry episode is over in a day or so. If I'm still having a problem, I'll contact admin and see what they think is going on. I just thought the posting limitation was part of my getting those points. never occurred to me that it might be a glitch.

Well, maybe mystery solved. Today, after 30 days penalty period, I both no longer have the posting throttling and can initiate PM's (conversations in this software version). I did not have my signature temporarily eliminated throughout. So it seems that the signature portion of the penalty has been replaced with the posting throttling, and it's just that the penalty explanation portion of the guidelines have not yet been updated. I think that is simply what occurred.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter