Long Live the FIENDS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just awesome! :thumbsup2

A shame they don't hold onto threads that long - sounds like a doozy!

Hey! who says that was a bad movie?? Way better than that Keanu re-make! :)

Steve

Here's some Fiend history, for those too new to remember. Several years ago there was no community board on the camping board. There was just a pitiful miscellaneous thread where once in a while somebody would post about their kid's activities or a recipe or weather report and such. One Sunday afternoon, two guys separated by 300 miles started watching a bad 1950's science fiction movie at the same time and happened to be on the Dis board at the same time. They started a ridiculous play by play of the movie, and by the time they were done, they had posted a couple hundred times on that one thread, so the powers that be saw a need for a camping community board, and it was born. Those two guys were none other than RvUSA and yours truly, ftwildernessguy. The movie, by the way, was the original version of The Day The Earth Stood Still. Just a couple of future fiends havin' a good time on a Sunday afternoon. Not sure about John, but I know there was some wine involved on my end.

Jim, you just brought a tear to my eye!!! (of course it may be from the 12" incision in my chest lol )

I agree,that truly was a great day! But not as great a day as the day I got to meet you in person!

Here's some Fiend history, for those too new to remember. Several years ago there was no community board on the camping board. There was just a pitiful miscellaneous thread where once in a while somebody would post about their kid's activities or a recipe or weather report and such. One Sunday afternoon, two guys separated by 300 miles started watching a bad 1950's science fiction movie at the same time and happened to be on the Dis board at the same time. They started a ridiculous play by play of the movie, and by the time they were done, they had posted a couple hundred times on that one thread, so the powers that be saw a need for a camping community board, and it was born. Those two guys were none other than RvUSA and yours truly, ftwildernessguy. The movie, by the way, was the original version of The Day The Earth Stood Still. Just a couple of future fiends havin' a good time on a Sunday afternoon. Not sure about John, but I know there was some wine involved on my end.

:sad: I'm tearing up. I remember that. I was "there". I thought you two were nuts.( I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.:hug:)
A survey and a thread or two about who wanted it..:confused3 who didn't..:hyper2: and "wallah" pixiedust: the "Fiends" were born. It was... beautiful.
I gotta go blow my nose. :sad1:

5391004713_f63c4d936f_b.jpg

Oooo Oooooo, can I put this on my RV?

My name is Gatordad, I think I'm on the no post list at the fort. Kinda like the no fly list, but worse.

I think my Fiend card was revoked after I cut short my camping trip due to a monsoon. However, I love this group of people. And the expert advice has appreciated by this camping noob.

And I'm almost afraid to post here cuz it always goes *poof* when I do.

If you're referring to the Memorial Day 2009 monsoon, you did the right thing. We left a day early that weekend, and we have a MH. Once a Fiend Card is issued, it cannot be revoked. You are safe, young grasshopper!

I'm a Fiend, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Debbie the best thing is you will never have to! I am proud to be a fiend! You guys are the best bunch of people I have ever met and look forward to many more gatherings.

When your a Fiend
You're a Fiend all the way
From your first Kungaloosh
To your last dieing day.:thumbsup2

If I live to be a thousand...which according to my kids and AL, will be next week...I'll never find a better,
more enjoyable bunch of folks. Yes even Pete.:rolleyes1

PROUD TO BE A FIEND!!

Hello, my name is Charlie, and I am a Fort Fiend. I hung my first lime green icon in the window this past December. I don't know what is going to happen with all this, but please.......Take Me With You!!!:thumbsup2

My name is David and I am a wannabe Fort Fiend. I've only been to the fort once, but hopefully we will be there again in early 2012. I've never met a friendlier bunch of people. Always helpful and funny.

TCD trip reports = :worship:

cupcakes! Yes, i said it!!!

Fort Fiends Forever!!!!

My whole family is (are?) fiends! With all the help and support we got when Judy broke her arm Christmas Eve, you guys are the greatest!! Long Live The Fiends. Long Live Musket Mickey! Lime Green Forever in whatever you want to display.

There will always be FIENDS as long as there is a FORT, Disboards or not.
Fiends are a state of mind, a state of being, that can never be taken away.

You can take away the boards, but you can never have my Kungaloosh, ARRRRRRR!! pirate:

I'm a fiend, and I am sad I may not see a TCD trip report in a long time, if ever.

:mad:

Dan

SHHHHHH!!!! You said the name..... The last posts to say the name went POOF! and the thread that asked where he went got LOCKED!

God forbid we ask the question:

WHERE IS TCD???

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter