Long Layover Luggage Pearson

Scar1199

Mouseketeer
We've only ever flown out of the US or direct from Halifax to MCO, this year we're connecting through Pearson and have a 19 hour layover, thanks to new Westjet flight times. We've booked a hotel but I'm assuming we'll need to collect our bags in Toronto and then do another check in, in the morning?

No experience with that, but what a layover 😱. I noticed a lot of flights from Halifax have really long layover times lately.

WestJet changed our flight to an overnight layover in Toronto also. We did NOT grab our luggage for the night in Toronto so make sure to pack sleep stuff/outfit for the next day in your carryon.

It did make it nice going to the airport the next morning. Didn’t have to check any bags so we went straight to security.

ETA: I will say the WestJet ppl at the Orlando airport had no clue if we would get our luggage or not lol one guy said since it’s an overnight we would get it, the other guy was like no…this is meeting them at home. So, we still went to luggage area and waited around for it. When it was clear we weren’t getting it we double checked at the WestJet luggage counter and she confirmed it would meet us at home. So, avoid our waiting around and just double check before and then since you have to pass through luggage area anyway, they have workers for their airlines there at little desks so you can confirm with them.

Last edited:
We were just rebooked Halifax to Orlando and have 12 hour layover in Toronto. I asked the AC agent about luggage and she said our luggage will be tagged to go through to Orlando but we do have to pick it up in Toronto for the night. The next day, because it’s already tagged, we just put it on the luggage belt.

We were just rebooked Halifax to Orlando and have 12 hour layover in Toronto. I asked the AC agent about luggage and she said our luggage will be tagged to go through to Orlando but we do have to pick it up in Toronto for the night. The next day, because it’s already tagged, we just put it on the luggage belt
Thanks. I have heard conflicting stories so I'll be sure to ask. Seems to be a lot of these flights changed with long layovers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts