***Locally Made Exchange-Sent/Recieved***COMPLETED

tiggger1 said:
I recieved my goodies from NightowlKY

I got a beautiful Kentucky Derby Mug! I love it and I needed a nice mug just for me!

Kentucky Straight Honey ( hubby stole it)
Auntie Bea's Apple Butte
Derby Pencil
a bunch of great postcards.( 1999 derby winner Charismatic) ( Belle of Louisville)( Locust Grove)( old Kentucky Home at Bardstowm)

a flyer from A taste of Kentucky ( i already have a order ready!)

and a beautiful Derby card....

Thanks a bunch! I love it!

Ack! I missed this post!

Glad you like it! I've always wanted some Louisville Stoneware for myself but I never seem to get any for me, just for others. :)

Giddy up!

mickeyfan2 said:
I got mine today. The envelope was damaged, so I hope nothing fell out. I got
Cbourbon Chocolates
Bath fizzie
Milky bar candy
Passa tempo candy
Woodford Reserve shot glass

Thank you.

Sorry that the envelope was damaged! But, luckily, everything was in there. The bath stuff is amazing! Really nice. I hope you like everything :)

mommytotwo said:
:confused3 I wonder what is going on. Could you go back and check with them?
DC still says it is at the PO. I stopped by today and they looked it up on their system. It says the same thing. She is going to keep an eye on it, but said that priority mail is not guaranteed to be there by a certain date. She told me the other day a package took 30 days. I hope it arrives soon.

jpmandan said:
Colleen,

I'm so glad your DH liked the pecan log! Maybe some sweet pixiedust will find its way to your mail box soon. SHHH!! It'll be our secret!

In case he can't wait...

http://www.pralineplace.com/

Janice
Janice,
Another larger pecan log arrived for DH. I had it on the counter for him when he got home from work. He was extremely happy. He said she sent me another one? Of course, aren't DISer the best. He was licking his lips over it. He did promise to let me have a taste, but I may have to wrestle him for more than a taste. :rotfl: Thank you for being so kind. You really made a big boys day.

mickeyfan2 said:
DC still says it is at the PO. I stopped by today and they looked it up on their system. It says the same thing. She is going to keep an eye on it, but said that priority mail is not guaranteed to be there by a certain date. She told me the other day a package took 30 days. I hope it arrives soon.

Really. I thought that it was always PRIORITY in going out. And that usually it takes anywhere from 3-5 days to get to its destination.
Hopefully it will be mailed out SOON.
Thank you for checking on it.

mickeyfan2 said:
Janice,
Another larger pecan log arrived for DH. I had it on the counter for him when he got home from work. He was extremely happy. He said she sent me another one? Of course, aren't DISer the best. He was licking his lips over it. He did promise to let me have a taste, but I may have to wrestle him for more than a taste. :rotfl: Thank you for being so kind. You really made a big boys day.

I'm so glad he was pleased, but you were supposed to taste first, share after! ;) Sometimes wrestling with your spouse for something can be extra FUN! Ya'll enjoy it together! :p

mickeyfan2 said:
Janice,

Awww, that was very thoughtful of you Janice :thumbsup2 .

mommytotwo said:
Awww, that was very thoughtful of you Janice :thumbsup2 .

Thanks! It was my pleasure! Mickeyfan2 (Colleen) is awesome!

I really like these exchanges. I will be joining another one after the beginning of school (August 4). I teach Kindergarten and the start of school is usually a little stressful. It doesn't leave me alot of time to shop and such!

jpmandan said:

I really like these exchanges. I will be joining another one after the beginning of school (August 4). I teach Kindergarten and the start of school is usually a little stressful. It doesn't leave me alot of time to shop and such!

Enjoy your new students this school year.

jpmandan said:

wow you start back to school early.
But that is a good day...my DS's birthday.
hope we see you in more exchanges after that. We have some good ones coming.

An August 4 start to school lets us have the first semester of school finished Dec. 15, but it still does seem EARLY. Then we get to start fresh in Jan. for our second semester. We finish up school May 22, 2007! (Oh, and we head to WDW on May 27!)

We held registration last week, and I have mostly all students that I've taught their brothers and/ or sisters or know their family. If I didn't know them already, I've called them and had nice conversations with them. My student's parents are fabulous, and I'm blessed to have them! :love: On a side note, we are very nearly back to the same number of students as before Katrina!! :woohoo: Our recovery is coming along nicely!

Meriweather, tell DS Happy Birthday on Aug. 4 from us in South MS!

Meriweather said:
wow you start back to school early.
But that is a good day...my DS's birthday.
hope we see you in more exchanges after that. We have some good ones coming.

My kids go back July 31st! :sad2:

wow you all start school early! We are suppose to start Aug 23 but due to construction at the school we might not start until Aug 28. I'm glad, it is way too hot here to start school. But maybe down south the schools are air conditioned? We also don't get that long of a Christmas break and usually get out a day or two after Memorial Day. Anyone do year round school?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter