LMM Plays Tour Guide - Spring Break at the World

After dinner, we explored The Seas and did Turtle Talk with Crush.

DSC_0593 by vshingl, on Flickr

Then Marcia and Jim left to go back to the hotel. Jim was leaving that night to go back to his son's house in Jacksonville.

I don't think I've shared this photo, yet...

DSC_0535r by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0607 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0608 by vshingl, on Flickr

Bambi's Butterfly Garden

DSC_0609 by vshingl, on Flickr

Awesome sand sculpture

DSC_0612 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0614 by vshingl, on Flickr

We decided to wait in line to ride Soarin' again. The wait wasn't that bad - it was listed as 45 min (which isn't much compared to normal wait time at this hour), but was really around 30. I decided that Epcot wasn't that crowded today. Perhaps it's because it was a Sunday, a typical travel day, and Epcot, a park which handles crowds well.

Max stopped in America to get a funnel cake, and I went on to Italy to claim a fireworks spot.

DSC_0639 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0640 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0642r by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0643 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0644 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0649 by vshingl, on Flickr

Unfortunately, my camera died during IllumiNations. No worries, though - I was able to take more IllumiNations photos later in the week.

DSC_0656 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0652 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0654 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0655 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0653 by vshingl, on Flickr

Max loved IllumiNations.

Luckily, crowds to get out weren't that bad. Normally it's standstill after IllumiNations, but it was hardly crowded at all. We probably didn't need to claim our fireworks location an hour in advance, but I'm glad we did because we had such an awesome spot. Italy (right beside the bridge) is a great place to watch IllumiNations because there are no trees blocking your view.

On the way out, we stopped in Mouse Gear because Max had picked out a shirt and hat he wanted...

The bus ride back to the resort was MISERABLE. They packed the Downtown Disney bus full. However, they still went to Hollywood Studios and shoved more people on the bus. It was a long, awful experience. We were also the last stop. It took us over half an hour just to get back to the resort. AWFUL!!!

Max and I were exhausted. We went straight to bed so we'd be ready for an early morning at Hollywood Studios.

Day Three

DSC_0659 by vshingl, on Flickr

Once again, we got up bright and early and headed down to the bus stop for the 8:00 bus. Well, the bus came and it said, "Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom." So we waited. Then the next bus came and it said, "Epcot and Animal Kingdom." What? The bus driver stopped and said no one coming? I went up to ask him if the bus really went to Hollywood Studios, and he shut the door on me and drove off!

The buses are on 30-min rotations, so that meant we'd have to wait another half hour. We were frustrated.

First I went in to talk to them, and they pretty much shrugged me off, saying "Oops - he must've just had the wrong park listed. Not our fault."

(I forgot to mention that these people are very rude. On check-in day, Marcia sent Max and I to ask a question about her rewards points, and the lady told us to "come back with our mommy." If I was going for my Dad, I would've [liked] to tell her that I'm 20 years old and she can talk to me.)

We waited around angrily for a while. In the meantime, more people were coming. This little boy was griping that it was taking long (they had been there maybe 5 min), and then this older lady said, "We've actually been waiting here long" and I muttered to myself that she could just shut up because we had been there an hour.

Well, Marcia to the rescue. I might've mentioned before that she is very high-up in the HHonors program because she stays there for work... she has a lot of pull. Well, she went to talk to whatever manager was on duty, and they decided to get us a car service to the park. So they took us out front, and this guy was supposed to drive us there, then he put up his hand like, "Stop," (very rude) and drove off. So we had to wait for them to get us another car. In the meantime, they decided to pay for us roundtrip.

FINALLY we were at Hollywood studios. We missed rope drop by 10 minutes. Which meant that there was no point rushing Toy Story Mania. I sent Max and Marcia to Rockin' Rollercoaster and I headed to TSM to get FPs.

The wait for Rockin' Rollercoaster wasn't long, yet.

DSC_0660 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0662 by vshingl, on Flickr

Max LOVED RnRC. He wanted to ride it again and again. He was bugging me to set goals as to how many times we'd ride RnRC and ToT that day. I didn't want to do this because it was early morning, so I didn't know how the crowds would be. I finally threw out 3 each. Which left me to strategize the best way to do these 3 times each. Obviously, it would be smartest to ride them both multiple times that morning since the crowds were low due to the TSM rush. But, I didn't want to bore Marcia who wasn't riding either.

So, after one time on RnRC, we headed to ToT.

DSC_0663 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0665 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0667 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0668 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0669 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0670 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0671 by vshingl, on Flickr

After that, I led the way to Star Tours. I hadn't been on the new version, yet. I warned Marcia that there would be flying in a stimulator, but Max insisted that she would be fine. Luckily, this time, he was right!

DSC_0672 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0674 by vshingl, on Flickr

I liked the new version, though I enjoyed the old, as well. They did a really good job with the 3D.

I had first suggested that we go on the Backlot Tour next since we were over in that area, but then I changed my mind since the Backlot Tour usually doesn't accumulate much of a wait time throughout the day and we would need to redeem our TSM FPs soon. So, I led us to the Great Movie Ride.

DSC_0676 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0677 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0681 by vshingl, on Flickr

We had the western scene.

DSC_0687 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0692 by vshingl, on Flickr

Max thinks angry faces are funny...

DSC_0693 by vshingl, on Flickr

That's better, Max...

DSC_0694 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0758 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0757 by vshingl, on Flickr

I'm forgetting the exact sequence of events, but we got FPs for TSM - they were the very last FP timeslot, 9:15-10:00.

DSC_0695 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0696 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0697 by vshingl, on Flickr

Then we went to use our RnRC FPs before lunch. And Max was having headaches (which he gets when he breaks in a new hat), so he had us buy him Motrin. He specifically said Motrin. Even though he knows (and I knew but didn't question) that he is allergic!!!

So we went to lunch at 50's Prime Time.

DSC_0759 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0761 by vshingl, on Flickr

And Max broke out in hives.

DSC_0763 by vshingl, on Flickr

I wish I could've gotten a better picture, but the lighting in 50's wasn't the best for arm hive pictures. I've seen his hives before - he gets them every time he takes Motrin. However, I think the heat made his hives worse. They were all over his body and larger than normal.

So now Max was irritable because he was hungry and itchy... luckily the headache was mostly gone.

DSC_0765 by vshingl, on Flickr

The menu at 50's wasn't to Max's liking. He wanted a hamburger. So we asked the waitress if they had a hamburger on the kids' menu. They didn't, and she told us it was fine if we left - we could go to Backlot Express where they have good hamburgers. We asked Max what he wanted, and he decided that he would rather stay in the air conditioning and get a milkshake. The waitress came back and suggested that Max get the chicken nuggets - she could double the kids' serving for him. Yay! Happy Max!

DSC_0768 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0769 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0770 by vshingl, on Flickr

Milkshakes make everything better.

I got the chicken pot pie. It was very good.

DSC_0771 by vshingl, on Flickr

The lunch break was just what we needed. Thank goodness for afternoon ADRs!

Goodness, this is apparently my lamest TR, yet. Perhaps because I have no cute kiddos along with me.... this should soon be fixed because Max is now the proud uncle of twins, born April 25.

Meet Gaage and Chandler!

IMG_1702 by vshingl, on Flickr

Quote Max - "They are so little and cute and soft! I love them!"

I think these two are going to need to visit Walt Disney World in a year or two...

Well, sucking in readers with precious twin babies didn't work.

Back to the regularly scheduled TR -

DSC_0794 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0795 by vshingl, on Flickr

I tried to convince Max into Voyage of a Little Mermaid, but he asked, "Does this involve a redhead girl singing?" He wasn't up for it. (Later he wished he had.)

I went to get us RnRC FPs before we went to Lights, Motors, Action!

Max liked the survey markers. We decided to start a survey marker scavenger hunt.

DSC_0793 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0790 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0789 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0796 by vshingl, on Flickr

We arrived at Lights, Motors, Action 30 minutes early to get good seats. We decided to sit in the center, which is a little higher up. As you can see, I had to do some serious cropping to get the heads in front of me out of the photo. But overall, I was pleased with my action shots.

DSC_0798 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0799 by vshingl, on Flickr

I hadn't seen the show since they added Lightning McQueen.

DSC_0803 by vshingl, on Flickr

My timing was just a little off...

DSC_0808 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0806 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0814 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0810 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0812 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0817 by vshingl, on Flickr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter