Livin on a Fantasy!! September 29, 2012 Disney Fantasy

ForTheLoveOfDCL

A Dream is a wish your
I have since left this cruise but here is the info for this Dis group. Have a great time!!

Onboard Dis Meet and Group Photo:
Dis Meet is embarkation day Saturday 9/29 at 3PM.
Location: Vista Cafe and adjacent area on Deck 4 overlooking the Atrium lobby. You can purchase drinks at this location and they have free pastries.
Photo: Group photo immediately following the meet at 3:30PM on the Staircase in Atrium lobby.

As of August 30, Fish Extender for this meet group is CLOSED.

Hi Michelle, my family will be joining you on this cruise. I just submitted my payment. I am Lori and my dh is Chris, I will be celebrating my 40th b-day on board. My daughters Cassidy and Courtney will be 12 and 9 when we sail, they are 10 and 7 right now. I look forward to getting to know you and all others that join us.

Welcome Lori----we do have a bit of a wait but I am excited to check out the new ship, wanted to this yr but didn't want a 3/4 or B2B. My girls will be 12 and 8 at the time of sailing. Maybe after Christmas we can get a kids thread going so all the kids can chat, but we'll see how many we get. Hope to chat more.

Oh I just realized I will turn 40 2 months after this cruise...we will have to have a toast on board for that...LOL

Michelle my b-day is October 2, so we will be in Costa Maya when I turn 40. What stateroom are you in? We are in 7690, this will be the first time in an aft room, we have always been forward before. Looks like we have a bit in common, my dd's were happy to hear the only other person in the meet group has girls the same age.

Good Morning Lori.:surfweb:.....My girls will be happy there are girls their own ages too. They have made great friends from their Disney Cruises. In 2009 they made freinds with some girls from New York. Their Moms and I have became great friends too and we all booked the MR cruise onboard. Then just at the beginning of Feb...my DH went to pick vacation and the guys before him took all the open spots for the MR cruise week. Normally we have never had this problem picking the week we do(last wk sept, first week in Oct), so we just figured a fluke yr:confused3 and moved our OBC and dep to this one as we knew we would cruise the Fantasy in 2012. Then our NY freinds were a bit skeptical of the Mexico tension and somethings changed in their households so we all have moved our vacation to WDW for this yr. My girls were supposed to be in a friends vow renewal on board but I wasn't cruising without DH so my hands were tied. :sad: Anyhow so thats my latest drama....LOL

I think our girls will love the new clubs! Our room is 8405 or 8504...anyhow it's forward oceanview. It looks out in front of the ship...looking at pics of the Dreams rooms it seems to be a bigger oceanview , however the porthole is a bit low and slanted. I like more space but not sure I like the set up of the sofa and the bunk being on opposite sides of the room. I will probably call and switch to a regular oceanview, or maybe a balcony. So don't set my room in stone yet...LOL I have only been aft once and that was deck 2 oceanview and the Magic lost an engine on that cruise, so needless to say...kinda noisey. I am sure deck 7 is different and there will be so lose of engines. Well with over a yr and a half to go and no-one in here but us, we should get to know each other well...LOL

I will tell you a bit about me---well we already have established our ages:scared: I am a stay at home mom--who works at Cedar Point in the summer serving to make Disney money. I only work part time then and sometimes some long doubles but it's only for 5 months. My DH works for the USPS...a thankless job with high expectations from the public and crudy pay! To clarify--higher stamps does not mean the carriers get anymore money...believe me they don't :mad: But who's to complain about jobs this day and age. You know I have 2 gorgeous girls..Sydney(will be 11 June 28th)and Nelia(just turned 7 on Jan 28th) Um that's all I know for now..maybe more will come to me later. Oh yeah I am a big Disney Nut(my living room/rec rm is in Mickey colors and has all our DCL artwork on the walls)will post pics later.

Well off to do laundry...TTYL:wave2:

Morning Michelle:wave2: it seems we have even more in common now. I am a mostly stay at home Mom, and I homeschool my girls. I am a Disney nut too, so much so that I moved to FL in 1995 to work at Disney World. I met my dh my first job with the company and have been married for almost 13 years and with Disney for 15 years. I am a part time Photopass Photographer at Epcot, and most of my pay goes for cruises too. :cool1: My hubby can certainly share the pain your hubby feels with his thankless job, because he is a UPS driver. :rotfl::laughing:

I know the cruise is still a long way off, but I am happy to have it finally booked. I have been planning it since 9/2009. :scared1: I was planing to do 2 weeks B2B, but the prices jumped so much I really don't think that will happen now, at least I get my b-day week. We usually tr to cruise the end of September, because my dd's b-days are 9/20 (Courtney going to be 8) and 9/25 (Cassidy going to be 11).

How many cruises have you guys done? Chris and I have done 5 and the girls have done 4, 3 Disney, 1 Carnival and the one Chris and I did without them was Royal Caribbean. Maybe when you guys are at Disney later this year we can do a pre-cruise meet. I am sure the girls would love to already know someone going on board. My oldest is a little apprehensive about the Edge, because she loves all the planned activities in the Lab. Then again, I can't imagine she will be 12 at this point either. :eek:

I will post some pictures later too, I am fighting with my computer a bit right now.

Have a good day!

Good Evening Lori....My DH (Del ) and I have been on 4 cruises. 3 of them were Disney and the kids have been on all those. We to sailed Royal on our honeymoon but are pretty partial to DCL and can't imagine sailing on another. I will probably venture one yr to another for a quick cruise on a yr that making a Disney cruise would be tight. We have done all 7 nighters. All 3 DCL ones were on the Magic of course. Sydney is looking forward to the Edge, one day..LOL They have no idea we booked this cruise so if we meet I will have to come up with a creative reason why;);)

Our first Disney cruise in 2006 we met a family and got along well. They lived in Orlando area and the DW's dad worked for Disney so we did go down and stay with them a bit in 2007 and spent many a day at Disney. We then did a cruise in 2008 with them on the Magic and things got weird. They were having issues and they went through a divorce and we felt put in the middle. It made us feel uncomfortable so we haven't been hanging with them in the past few yrs. We did see them when we were there in Dec but things aren't the same.

In 2009 we met 2 families from New York and we have kept in contact with them and are vacationing together in Sept to WDW. They are a fun family and the DW has been a great friend even though we have to be friends across the miles. So I am excited to vacation together again in Sept. We are having so much fun planning it. None of our kids know and we wanna wait till our layover in DC were we will meet up to tell them...kinda want a Disney surprise commercial moment!:lovestruc

It's funny you say you moved to work at Disney. I have told DH I wanna move and work for DCL reservations but he doesn't wanna start over with seniority. So I said ok well then when he retires I will go work for them and we will move there.
I will post pics soon I hope. My computer is broke and I am praying I can get someone to fix it to get my pictures off of it..anything else I don't care but there are lots of pics and I can't imagine losing my girls pics. I could kick myself for not getting them off...never again! Well off to make sure everyone has everything ready for school...TTYL:thumbsup2

Hi Michelle, All 3 of our Disney cruises have been on the Magic too, I would have love to sail on the Wonder, but didn't like the idea of only 3 or 4 days. :lmao:

When do you plan to tell your girls about the cruise? We kept our last Disney a secret until about a month before, it was GREAT when we finally told them. My dh didn't want to tell them at all, but I couldn't handle that.

We have met and kept in touch with several families from past cruises too. two families actualy moved to the same town we are in and looked to me relocating and Disney job advice.

I hope you can get your pictures off your computer. I had my reset and was able to get my pictures back on it, but now it is so full it doesn't want to do anything.

I am really looking forward to when the begin to release more info on the Fantasy. I was lucky enough to be able to go to Port Canaveral to welcome the Dream "home" when she first arrived. It was such a great experience, although it would have been better if I could have gotten on it. :thumbsup2

Well I better get my laundry going and to bed, off to make Magic in Akershus at Norway tomorrow.

Hey!!
When we tell the girls about the Fantasy Cruise just depends on Syd's work load and if she needs to know or if I can gather everything without her knowing. If I can't then I will tell her a week before that we are heading to my Aunt's house and making a stop for MNSSHP. When we rent the car to head towards Aunt's house(I mean cruise) they don't know the Florida highways well enough to know if we are headed to Tampa or Port. They will only figure it out when we hit the bridges where the stacks become visiable!! Have you told your girls??

I would have loved to have been there for the Dream coming home but I will settle for Fantasy cruise!
Took my computer to my tecno man and hope he can get my pictures off and get it back to working order, for now I have taken over my DH's computer and he's so excited...NOT!

Ok well I am sending you a PM. TTYL

I have told my girls, because I wanted to do 2 weeks for my b-day, but prices have jumped so high so we had to decide between 1 week Disney or 2 weeks Carnival. My dh was the only one to vote for the 2 weeks. :lmao: I have already told my girls about your girls too. They were excited to hear the first person in the groups has girls the same age.

I have already started looking at excursions, especially Costa Maya, because we've never been there. I think it's time for bed.
TTYL

My DH and I along with my mom and brother just moved our dummy dates to this cruise. We have cabin 6564 and 6566. This is DH and my 2nd disney cruise and we will be celebrating our 7th anniversary on Oct 1. This is my mom and brother's first disney cruise and my brother will turn 28 on Oct 1.

Hello Lori, Michelle and Stephanie!

We (Myself, Son, Daughter in law, Grand baby(don't know if it is a he or she as yet due May 22nd) Son's father, Daughter in laws, Mom and Dad, Brother and his wife, niece and Brother and girlfriend. Will be also on this cruise!:banana::yay: It will be my second cruise! My first being on the Dream coming September 2011! Mike(son) and Katie(DIL) and I will be on that cruise.

I am really excited about these two cruises a dream come true for me! :cheer2:

We are from Maryland! I have a significant other Eric. He wont be cruising with us doesnt feel comfortable with it..I understand will miss him but I am going:goodvibes :goodvibes Which he is fine with!

Looking forward to chatting and getting to know you all! and future members to this thread

Sue

Hi Stephanie and Sue welcome to our little group.

I was excited to get some DCL mail today listing my important to remember dates. It is still so far off though.

Hi everyone!
My name is Erin and we are so excited that we were able to book today during all of the madness. This will be our first Disney Cruise and our second cruise (kids first). My amazing TA is at DL for the first time this week doing tons and tons of training with a bunch of other TAs. I cannot believe that they could have a big Disney training this week. Disney's fault, not hers but anyway despite pulling her out of important meetings several times we are booked and thrilled.

My siggy says my kids ages now, but on board Abby will also be 8 and she will be thrilled to have two and counting friends to become inseparable from. If anyone has FaceTime they can chat with us as we get closer. We also have two little boys who will be 4 and 3 then. Colin turns 3 the day before we board. His birthday will be spent either driving down or maybe at Kennedy if we can swing it. I am less worried about them because they are boys and will have each other.

So we will still celebrate Colin's b-day albeit a day late and we will also be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary while on board. We took a Western Cruise on NCL for our honeymoon so we are so excited to go back to the same places. Lots of nostalgia but kicked up because it is Disney! And Castaway Cay will be all new to us of course. So there you have us. Nice to meet you all!!

Hi everyone!
My name is Erin and we are so excited that we were able to book today during all of the madness. This will be our first Disney Cruise and our second cruise (kids first). My amazing TA is at DL for the first time this week doing tons and tons of training with a bunch of other TAs. I cannot believe that they could have a big Disney training this week. Disney's fault, not hers but anyway despite pulling her out of important meetings several times we are booked and thrilled.

My siggy says my kids ages now, but on board Abby will also be 8 and she will be thrilled to have two and counting friends to become inseparable from. If anyone has FaceTime they can chat with us as we get closer. We also have two little boys who will be 4 and 3 then. Colin turns 3 the day before we board. His birthday will be spent either driving down or maybe at Kennedy if we can swing it. I am less worried about them because they are boys and will have each other.

So we will still celebrate Colin's b-day albeit a day late and we will also be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary while on board. We took a Western Cruise on NCL for our honeymoon so we are so excited to go back to the same places. Lots of nostalgia but kicked up because it is Disney! And Castaway Cay will be all new to us of course. So there you have us. Nice to meet you all!!

Welcome Erin!!:dance3::dance3: Well my Nelia(pronounced nah--lee--ah) will be 8 as well at cruise time and will be glad to hear that there is another girl for her to hang with. I was supposed to be on our 4th Disney cruise this yr but had to cancel so we are headed to WDW in Sept. I will be dieing for this cruise. It will be the longest I have gone in between cruises. We have facetime so maybe next yr summer time they can start chatting.
A friend of mine I cruised with in 2009 lives in Alabama...in Huntsville too!

Hi Erin! Glad to have you with us. All the cruise excitement has given me cruise fever and its still almost a year and a half away.

Michelle, we will be at WDW the same dates as you this fall :)

Anyone else on deck 6 with us?

Hello Lori, Michelle and Stephanie!

We (Myself, Son, Daughter in law, Grand baby(don't know if it is a he or she as yet due May 22nd) Son's father, Daughter in laws, Mom and Dad, Brother and his wife, niece and Brother and girlfriend. Will be also on this cruise!:banana::yay: It will be my second cruise! My first being on the Dream coming September 2011! Mike(son) and Katie(DIL) and I will be on that cruise.

I am really excited about these two cruises a dream come true for me! :cheer2:

We are from Maryland! I have a significant other Eric. He wont be cruising with us doesnt feel comfortable with it..I understand will miss him but I am going:goodvibes :goodvibes Which he is fine with!

Looking forward to chatting and getting to know you all! and future members to this thread

Sue

Welcome Sue!!!!

Hi Erin! Glad to have you with us. All the cruise excitement has given me cruise fever and its still almost a year and a half away.

Michelle, we will be at WDW the same dates as you this fall :)

Anyone else on deck 6 with us?

Stephanie, that's awesome! Where are you staying??? Lori lives down there....we need to set up a meet ...would be neat even for a half hour or hour. I have a bit of a tight schedule but could try and figure it out:confused3

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter