Live from the Magic West Coast July 17th-23rd

What is the room temperature in the cabin? Is it cool at night?
Is there a thermostat in the room?
Thanks!

Well Monday was a great day after not so great a night trying to sleep. Our room was very cold and being from SoCA our family (which included 3 females; 13,16 &41) like our temp a bit on the warm side. But even DH (who likes things cooler) thought the temp Sunday night was chilly. We had extra blankets but still slept in our sweats & sweatshirts. This morning we told our cabin host (Mario) and he had someone come in and adjust our "climate control". They allow you to "adjust" it from cooler to warmer but my guess is that they really control the temp. Mario did warn us that it would be getting warmer once we reached Mazatlan but we promised we wouldn't complain. The room temp was much nicer this evening. :flower:

To answer a couple questions:
We were given a boarding pass #5 when we arrived at 10:15am but because we had consierge they gave us a #1 after we checked in. Only one person from each family had to check their family in. They had a "special" seating area for consierge but frankly I would have preferred sitting with everyone else since they had a band playing and it was pretty quiet in the "special" area.

Yes they are still doing pillowcase signing. Just bring it in a ziplock to Guest Services and included your cabin #.

As for movies ans shows just remember we are on the only 6 night cruise on the west coast so everything is a bit different.

We have shows as follows:

Monday - Golden Mickeys, Formal Attire Dinner
Tuesday - Twice Charmed, Casual attire
Wednesday - PIRATE NIGHT pirate: - Pirate attire! (Herbie movie)
Thursday - Disney Dreams, semi formal
Friday - Remember the Magic, Casual attire

Movies playing are:

Howl's Moving castle
Pooh's Heffalump Movie
Racing Stripes
The Incredibles
Dark Water
The pacifier
Ice Princess
Hitchhicker's Guide..
A Lot of Love
National Treasure
Finding nemo
Pirates of the Caribbean

~Bethany

Herbie is on Wed night instead of a stage show she said.

Hope you guys are having lots of fun, fun, fun!!!!

Could you please tell me if the drink station and/or Topsiders has pineapple juice, cranberry juice and/or fruit punch.

Have a magical sailing. Wish I was there!

Hi,
If you have a chance to see Herbie. I would encourage you to do so. It is a great movie. We saw it on Saturday and my 3 girls loved it.

A must see for sure.

jiminyC_fan said:
Could you please tell me if the drink station and/or Topsiders has pineapple juice, cranberry juice and/or fruit punch.

I have never seen any of the three you mention at the drink station. You can get fruit punch at the end of the Topsider buffet line during the lunch buffet, but I think you would have to ask a CM special to get the pineapple or cranberry. They only had lemonade and iced tea along with the coke products, coffee, milk, tea, hot cocoa at the drink station.

MJ

DisneyTart said:
We have shows as follows:
Monday - Golden Mickeys, Formal Attire Dinner
Tuesday - Twice Charmed, Casual attire
Wednesday - PIRATE NIGHT pirate: - Pirate attire! (Herbie movie)
Thursday - Disney Dreams, semi formal
Friday - Remember the Magic, Casual attire

I am on the 8/6 cruise! :earsboy:

Are there Matinees of the Golden Mickeys, Twice Charmed and Disney Dreams? If so can you let me know what times they were at?

Also, do you know when the Castaway Club Members Reception is?

I am a planner if you could not tell. These reports have been great! Thanks!

I just got back from the July 9th cruise...there WERE matinees of the main stage shows...Golden Mickeys, Twice Charmed, and Disney Dreams. And if I'm not mistaken, they ran another matinee of a couple of the shows again the NEXT day too.

For our week, the schedule was as follows:

Saturday--Welcome Aboard Show
Sunday--Golden Mickeys
Monday--Variety Show
Tuesday--Herbie the movie (instead of a show) and Pirate Night
Wednesday--Twice Charmed
Thursday--Disney Dreams
Friday--Farewell Variety Show

Well I have to say this boat is ROCKING!! Literally!!! We just saw Twice Charmed (great show) before our late dinner, they handed out seasick bags as we left the theatre....the captain came on shortly after it ended and said we are experiences very rocky waters due to Hurricane Eugene. I'm not that sick but feel as though I've had way too many Mimosas. :cool1: had Dd16 get us some ginger ale but don't know if we can do dinner or not. Lots of people are pretty sick. Talked to several crew members and they say this is the worst it has been. :teeth: . They say that laying down is the worst thing you can do, in fact if you keep movin you feel better. I'm next to the Promenade lounge and they have a band playing and getting people to dance. I'll try answer question above later but need to figure out if we are going to attempt dinner or not. Later....from the rockin' MAGIC ~ Bethany

jiminyC_fan said:

I did check earlier and they have Hi C Fruit Punch at Drink station and at Topsiders. Orange Juice & Apple juice also at Topsiders. ~ Bethany

DisneyTart said:
I did check earlier and they have Hi C Fruit Punch at Drink station and at Topsiders. Orange Juice & Apple juice also at Topsiders. ~ Bethany
How sweet for checking. Thanks sooo much!

Hi Bethany,
Hope the Magic isn't rocking anymore.
I read somewhere that you're not allowed to bring bottled water in your checked baggage onboard? Is this true?
We're planning to pack a case of bottled water and secure it well in our checked luggage.
Thanks for all your wonderful updates.
Jinny :earsgirl:

I feel for you. I thought our boat was rocking last week and we didn't have a hurricane. If any of you on board have Rodolfo for your room host or Deepak for your server tell them that the davisson family says hi.
Thanks

Hi there,

I too am rockin' on the Magic - can't believe how this huge boat can rock so much - it's difficult to walk down the halls without holding on to anything. I read that the waves are 13 feet high! We took Dramamine before dinner and none of us have gotten sick :)

Anyway, this is our first cruise ever so I thought I'd share some thoughts. When we arrived at the terminal, I had to stand in line for about 15 minutes to check in (we arrived shortly after noon). Then they told me I had to stand in another line to register my kids for the children's programs (even though I had already done this online). I'm not sure why they couldn't have done this when I checked in after waiting in the first line. Anyway, this was another 15 minute wait and you needed your children with you to receive their bracelets. It turns out you can do this on the boat as well. However, if you wait to do it on the boat you hold up the people like me who already did it and are trying to drop their kids off at the Oceaneer's Club.

At the sail away party, it was hot, crowded, and noisy. So, if you or your kids don't enjoy that environment, I'd recommend going to another deck (like Deck 4) to watch as the boat pulls out to sea. It's fun to wave to people as you take off. Also, the pools are very crowded and noisy - I counted 45 people in the goofy pool today which is about the size of our backyard pool (14' x 38'). There was not much room to do any swimming - mainly just bounce around in the water. The Mickey pool was also jam packed. No lounge chairs available. So, we're planning on hanging out on the boat to swim during part of the day tomorrow while many passengers go to Mazatlan.

For us, by far the best things have been the Disney shows, comedian, magician, and the food. My kids especially love the availability of the food at all hours!

Hope you all enjoy your cruises!

NorthernCalGal

Hi all - I guess they are calling this Tropical Storm Eugene, and yes we are still rocking. Not as bad as last evening though.

Let's see to start Tuesday morning we were rolling a bit but my family skipped breakfast and slept in til 11:30am. We had the Aisan Lunch Buffet at Topsiders which was very nice, good variety & they have stir fry station and do it fresh for you while you wait. The boat was swaying at this time but noone was commenting much on it and when I asked the CM I simply got smiles and nods. I honestly thought maybe it was just me, even though Monday I had felt fine. DH, DBro, DSIL and I had High Tea at Palo and I asked the server there about the rocking and he said with a smile "we have a lot of newlyweds on this cruise" :rotfl: My DBro & DH didn't seem to mind the rocking so again I thought...it's just me. :blush: We decided to meet as a group to see Twice Charmed at 6:30 before our 8:30 dinner at Parrot Cay.

This is when I KNEW it wasn't just my "weak" sea legs. Many adults and kids left during the show, some even didn't make it out of the show before being sick (I know really gross!), they handed out bags to everyone as they left the theatre. All was fine at dinner until they brought the first course of food out and one look at my DD13 and I knew she'd never make the entire dinner. We left and spent the rest of the evening in our cabin, rockin and watching movies. Our food server sent our meals down to our room for us and we did eat a bit.

DH went on deck at 10:30 to get me some Scoops and said it was a ghost town and that the pools were flowing on to the decks. The reports were that the waves were between 8 & 12 feet. DH enjoyed sitting out on the verrandah and watching/listening to the waves. DD13 can't wait til we arrive in Mazatlan! We don't have any plans for the day so will prpbably get off the boat for a couple hours. :cheer2:

Right now the ship's common areas are pretty quiet just me and a couple CM about. It's rather nice!

I hope noone minds my rambling on :rolleyes1 ...I know when I was home waiting to go on our cruise I always liked to hear what was going on on board ship.
~Bethany

Every one of us at home enjoy everyone's report. Thanks for writing.
Hope you feel better soon.

Hi there,
Does anyone know if this is still one of the shows. It is like Who wants to be a Millionaire.

Oh, I really feel for you! We were on the Magic last year when Hurricane Jeanne was coming, and I was in my cabin for both of our days at sea (on the Eastern), and didn't eat at all for those two days. This was the first cruise where I didn't gain weight.

It was awful though. Here is a picture of one of the pools during this time:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=7652&sort=2&cat=500&page=1

My DH took it, and he actually said the water was reaching the deck 10 area, but when he snapped this picture it wasn't quite that high. I was sick in bed at this time.

I am glad you guys are still able to get up and around and do things. I was the worse in my group. I hope it settles down for you. If you dock somewhere it isn't bad, only while you are at sea.

Hope you have a good day today!

DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!