Live from the GF!

Tinkaroo

DIS Veteran
Hello to all - currently spending my 2nd night at the GF, and hoping the bands of Katrina get their rain out overnight so we have the hopes for some sun tomorrow! :flower:

Thus far, we've had a great stay. This is my 1st time at the GF, and it is living up to expectations quite nicely. We booked a GV room using the AP rate, and got pretty much all of my room requests (except that unspoken hope for an upgrade)! ;) We are in Conch Key, in a 5th floor dormer room - we can see the lagoon, Contemporary, and the top of the WL/VWL from our balcony. For a GV room, I'm pleased with it.

Room is in great shape, very clean. I'd almost say that the bedspreads might be brand new - or else they just keep them in impeccable shape. I'm not nearly as grossed out at the thought of hotel comforters with these! Staff has been very accomodating and friendly - my mom made the comment that she had just assumed they would be a bit snooty, but they're not at all.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask (and I'll do my best to answer). As far as the resort goes, no pool time yet, but we did have afternoon tea today at the Garden View Lounge, and ate dinner for my b-day tonight at Narcoossee's. Both were delicious!

Sounds wonderful! Glad you're pleased with your room. Please tell me more about Narcoossee's. We chose this as one of our signature meals for our upcoming trip because of the lobster and view of Wishes.

Also interested in Narcoosees, we are eating there in Oct. What did you have and where did you sit? GF is always a dream of mine, but if the rates get any higher I'll have to auction my kids on ebay to stay there a couple of nights :rotfl2:

Hi, guys!

We were really pleased with our meal at Narcoossee's tonight. I had a hard time picking between that and Citrico's (having been to neither), but we really liked it. It has a nice, sophisticated "beachy" feel to it, and the panoramic view is very beautiful. Our reservations were at 7, and we wanted to see Wishes in the park, so we didn't stick around to see how the view was from the restaurant. I'm sure it's great, though.

Let's see, I had a chocolate martini (YUMMY), split a field green salad with my mom, and then we both had the Florida Wahoo with Rock Shrimp as our entree. We were going to try either the crab cakes or calamari as an appetizer, but the chef sent us each out a fried 3-cheese ravioli that was the size of a bread plate, so by the time we ate that, we had filled our want of an appetizer. The field green salad was excellent (sometimes I don't like the flavor of greens some restaurants pick, but this was very nice with a light dressing). They also split it for us in the kitchen without our asking, which was nice. The fish was good (it's probably most like a swordfish), so it's a pretty thick cut of meat. It was done without being dry, and then it came on a bed of vegetable risotto with the shrimp sprinkled throughout. All was tasty. Would have loved to have stayed for dessert, but we were full, wanted to see Wishes, and after a couple of days of complimentary b-day treats (including a small round cake from the GF Bakery sent by the staff), I'm feeling sugar overload! :rotfl:

We were not seated right at a window, but as there are literally only 2 tables across, and wall-to-wall windows, the view is great from wherever. We were at the center of the restaurant, so we did get the full panoramic view of the SSL.

(And thelionqueen - I totally understand your comment about the room rates! The only way I was able to justify it for this trip was my mom and I are splitting it, it's an AP rate in value season, and we're only here for 3 nights! Unfortunately, need to live it up, as I'm sure it will be a while until we stay here again!)

Hey Tinkaroo, My wife and I were at Narcoosees on Wed night. We had a 6:30 reservation. We had a great time, the food was very good and the Bay Lake Bomber was yummy! We also wathced wishes afterwards.

Sadly we left today and we are back home! Hope you dont get too much rain.

I'm glad you're having such a great trip. Thanks for the report on Narcossee's. We're going to try it in Dec.

Give Larry, the greeter, a great big hug for me. :love2:

Lori

Wish I were there too!!

Have a wonderful time. The GF is beautiful, isn't it? I LOVE afternoon tea at the Garden View Lounge. Glad to hear you tried it. I've never stayed in Conch Key - sounds really nice.
Are you going to visit the GF Spa while there??? :cloud9:
Have fun!!

Pleased to haer yopur enjoying GF. DH and I are there for 3 nights, after 12 nights at BCV, in exactly 31 days.

Tinkaroo,
Glad you are enjoying the GF. My wife, I, & our entire wedding party LOVED High Tea. I just have one question, if I may ask, did you use ME? If so, how was it and how long did it take to get from MCO to GF? Have a wonderful stay and vacation.

Jay, Monica, & Alexis Angoff
Sunset Pointe Wedding
10-29-02

Staying at GF---12-2/12-11
This will be Alexis's 1st trip to WDW

Tinkaroo said:
Hello to all - currently spending my 2nd night at the GF, and hoping the bands of Katrina get their rain out overnight so we have the hopes for some sun tomorrow! :flower:

Hi there!!

I just got back on Wednesday, wish I were still there...I love the GF!!! Glad you liked Narcoosee's, you couldn't go wrong w/ either that or Citrico's.....hoping the sun is out for you today...have a "grand" time :goodvibes

Have a great time Tinkaroo!!
I envy you right now because we returned from WDW one week today and I'm depressed already!
How is the weather??

Hi Tinkaroo,

Glad you are having a nice vacation. We had a stay in Conch Key and I found it to be very nice. It's a little bit of a further walk, but that also made it fairly quiet.

Did you watch Wishes from the Narcoosee's deck? It's always nice if you can time everything perfectly and be heading out there with an after dinner drink. A big question on the boards lately has been the new business casual dress code. Just curious to see if you noticed any t-shirts or jeans when you were at dinner.

There's so much to do, but if you have a chance, stop by the GF Spa. You don't need an appointment to relax and use their lounge facilities. Plus it's free for resort guests. They have a nice area with private same-sex sauna, steam room and whirlpool. If you can splurge, for $40 I recommend the Tired Legs treatment. It's a nice long soak for your feet, followed by a leg and foot massage. So nice after a day of walking.

I hope the :sunny: comes out today for you!

Glad you are having such a nice trip! I can't wait for our November/Dec one!

Thanks for reporting in live!

Here's wishing you some...

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Glad you are enjoying the GF :flower: Please take some pics while you are there and post them when you return! I get home sick for that place. Enjoy the rest of your stay! :sunny: Hopefully you won't get much rain :umbrella:

Hi! I just returned from the GF on the 20th of August! I WANT TO GO BACK! I love that place. :earsgirl:

Thanks for the great report & glad you are having a nice time.

Enjoy!! :wizard:

Lives4Disney

Thanks for the report, I love to hear first hand reports of my favorite Disney resort. Thanks for sharing. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter