Live from POR

Though I haven't yet seen his show...Bob is Bob Jackson, who does a piano-playing, sing-along, comedy, family-friendly show at the River Roost Lounge. He has a regular following of people who attend his shows all the time. I've read many posts where the poster stated that they stopped in at RiverRoost for a drink, snacks, whatever & ended up staying all evening. He also does a special show for the holidays. His web address is www.yehaabob.com.

Jessica :wave:

My DW and I just returned from a brief stay at POR in an Oak Manor room. We, too, love the place! We have stayed there several times over the years.

I can answer the coffee question. It is a 4 cup coffee maker and they supply complimentary filter packets of regular and decaf coffee each day. You can bring your own coffee and "Mr. Coffee" size filters (and you should if you want good coffee. ;) )

We also made it to the lounge for the first time and returned each night because of Bob. He played until "last call" at 11:45 PM each night. He was very entertaining and really seems to enjoy his job. We were also impressed with Amy, our server, who was very efficient and attentive. She also sings along with Bob on occasion.

The first set is more geared toward children. He will have the kids come up on the stage and do dances, like the hokey pokey or chicken dance. He will have them dance around the room, etc.

My kids will LOVE this! I saw where there are yummy snacks in the lounge, too!

2 more weeks, 2 more weeks :teeth:

Davefrompgh: You will have a great time at Bob's show - try to get there. The only time POR & POFQ shared a bus is when it did the Downtown Disney / Typhoon Lagoon run. Transportation was wonderful and not very crowed at all (again end of Aug/early Sept. tends to be a slow period)

As far as room requests go - I don't really know as I've never made any. My first time at POR. I was in and out of the check in / customer service area during my time there and I did notice how accomodating the cast members were trying to be - even saw a few of them pull out a map and work with the guest (no matter how difficult some of them could be). I guess it comes down to how booked the resort is at the time you arrive. Good luck!

dizneycc: Bob's show was always packed and everyone having fun (young & old)

Mickey's Sister: It's non-smoking

LvTinkerbell: Have a wonderful trip - wish I could go back already!

Does anyone know if they have microwaves in the food court? I can't remember from the last time.

We leave for the airport today at noon. :cool1: Wishing good weather for everyone who's going to be down there. I guess all we can do is wait and see. Port Orleans here we come! :banana:

I really like the Mansions at POR not a fan of the bayous! THat is so cool staying 16 nights!!! WOW!!! I hope you have a great trip!!
oh and Yes all of Disney hotels are smoke free!!!! So yes the lounge also is smoke free!! I LOVE that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter