LIVE from AKL - FINAL THOUGHTS -

So excited to hear more about your trip and maybe see some pictures. ;) We are going to be staying CL at AKL next summer and my DH and I having so much fun planning this trip.

I am very interested in the activities that they offer each day. I would love to hear about them. Do they provide you with a list each day or are they set for the week so you can make plans around them? What movies are they showing at the pond? Sorry for all the question.

Have a great time and thank you in advance.

The activities are set for the week - they give you the list when you check in. :) The current schedule is in post #14.

Wow you are getting so many questions I feel bad for asking another one. I have asked this on here today and got 2 different answers. So I thought I would ask you since you are there and can look.
If we get a ground floor pool view room can we walk out our patio to the pool or do we have to walk down the hall and out ? One person on here said there are rails you cant get over and the other said yes you can walk right out from the patio ?
I hope the rest of your days will be nice and sunny :)

I just stepped out onto our balcony - the ground floor on my right (which is the only one I can see from my room) has a railing. I will check the rest of the ground floor pools view rooms today and let you know if they are all like that.:goodvibes

And thank you for your good wishes! The sun is shining brightly this morning! Yeah! Stepped outside to go for my morning coffee and my sunglass fogged right up!:cool2: I love that! Off to AK this morning for a few hours.

I will also try and get some photos of the resort uploaded today.

chocovrdmicears-

We will be arriving this Saturday evening!
Did you use ME from the airport? I was just wondering how long it took for your luggage to arrive after checking in, if you did!

Your post has made us SO much more excited to get there- only 4 more days for us! How are the buses/transportation?

My sister and I just got back from AKL -Jambo House last week. We checked in, went to the room to see what kind of view we had (pool!!!) and went down to the Mara for lunch. As we were sitting there eating, we actually watched the luggage guy walk by Mara with our luggage! It was a weird "right place at the right time" situation. So anyway, it was maybe 30min after we checked in thatour luggage got there! :thumbsup2

The activities are set for the week - they give you the list when you check in. :) The current schedule is in post #14.

I just stepped out onto our balcony - the ground floor on my right (which is the only one I can see from my room) has a railing. I will check the rest of the ground floor pools view rooms today and let you know if they are all like that.:goodvibes

And thank you for your good wishes! The sun is shining brightly this morning! Yeah! Stepped outside to go for my morning coffee and my sunglass fogged right up!:cool2: I love that! Off to AK this morning for a few hours.

I will also try and get some photos of the resort uploaded today.

Great sunshine ! Sounds like it may be a nice day for you !!!:banana: Thanks for looking at the ground floors I really appreciate it :thumbsup2 Let me know about the rest of them if you get a chance to look :) If you could take some photos of the outside of a ground floor pool view room that would be fantastic:banana:

Great sunshine ! Sounds like it may be a nice day for you !!!:banana: Thanks for looking at the ground floors I really appreciate it :thumbsup2 Let me know about the rest of them if you get a chance to look :) If you could take some photos of the outside of a ground floor pool view room that would be fantastic:banana:
Did a quick check today - there are no ground floor pool view rooms with direct access to the pool from what I can see. All the patios have railings and several feet of foliage between it and the pool area.

Did a quick check today - there are no ground floor pool view rooms with direct access to the pool from what I can see. All the patios have railings and several feet of foliage between it and the pool area.

Ok thank you so much for taking the time to check for me :thumbsup2

This is getting me excited for our Aug stay. Last time we stayed at AKL was 2009 and Kidani was being built.
This time we looked 6 nights pool view, requested Zebra trail, and 6 nights CL.

Things I enjoyed last time were the cultural talks, culinary tour and night vision scopes.

Can you hear the movies from your balcony? I guess they are shown at the pool area?

Do you have the new H2O products in the room? What did you get? Soaps, shampoo, conditioner, anything else? Lotion? Shower gell? Do you like the new sruff? ESP the hair stuff?

Have a Zebra Dome for me :love:

Do you have the new H2O products in the room? What did you get? Soaps, shampoo, conditioner, anything else? Lotion? Shower gell? Do you like the new sruff? ESP the hair stuff?

Great question! I'm wondering about this, too. :goodvibes

loving this...I'll be there in about 6 weeks. I'm doing a three night platinum splurge and am really hoping I can actually spend some time at the resort too.

Thanks for all the tips and information. I'm going to be staying in a pool view room too so I'm glad to hear the location is close to all the action.

Have a great time! :goodvibes

What's the Sanaa tour? Anyone know? that sounds kinda interesting to me.

Thanks so much for your posts! We will be there June 8th!:banana:
Hope the weather is getting better....

Loving you Post!!

We will be there July 22nd and we are staying Club Level. This makes me more excited!!:cool1:

I saw your post on the weekly activities and did not see the Boma/Jiko tour listed. Can you confirm if it is still offered? We are checking in in August and wanted to take part in it. Looks like you are having a wonderful time. Thanks for your post I have really enjoyed them.

I am here! Sorry it takes so long for me to reply! Settling in for the night after a fabulous day. The weather was absolutely perfect. Hot..not super humid and just a splash of fast moving rain this afternoon. We woke up late, rolled out of bed and into the pool. Spent a beautiful morning swimming and relaxing. Then the kiddos did the medallion rubbing activity in the main lobby, then did the Animal Tracking activity for their 3rd bead. (they are loving these activities). We headed off to Epcot for the rest of the day and ended it with some sugar filled yummies from the France bakery and watched Illuminations.:love:

This is getting me excited for our Aug stay. Last time we stayed at AKL was 2009 and Kidani was being built.
This time we looked 6 nights pool view, requested Zebra trail, and 6 nights CL.

Things I enjoyed last time were the cultural talks, culinary tour and night vision scopes.

Can you hear the movies from your balcony? I guess they are shown at the pool area?

Have a Zebra Dome for me :love:

Interesting you should ask about the movies..the other night they had the screen set up in the back of the pool area with chairs..tonight when we got home they had the screen on the bridge and it was facing the pool...all the kids were in the pool watching it. We are in our room and the movie was still going on and we couldn't hear a thing.
They do have the new H20 products. We have shampoo, condition, body lotion, a sea salt facial soap and sea salt body soap. The soaps are bars and are very nice. I also like the shampoo and conditioner...grapefruit bergamot.

Do they list a time of day when they feed the Flamingos?

the Flamingo feeding activity is 9:30 am - they don't actually feed the flamingos..it is more of an interactive activity where the teach the kids about how they feed.

loving this...I'll be there in about 6 weeks. I'm doing a three night platinum splurge and am really hoping I can actually spend some time at the resort too.

Thanks for all the tips and information. I'm going to be staying in a pool view room too so I'm glad to hear the location is close to all the action.

Have a great time! :goodvibes

What's the Sanaa tour? Anyone know? that sounds kinda interesting to me.

from the brochure:
"Discover the inspiration behind this unique location through the eyes of one of our Cultural Representatives."
Sorry I don't have more info on the specifics.

I saw your post on the weekly activities and did not see the Boma/Jiko tour listed. Can you confirm if it is still offered? We are checking in in August and wanted to take part in it. Looks like you are having a wonderful time. Thanks for your post I have really enjoyed them.

Yes - on the activity sheet it has *Culinary Tour - Boma-Flavors of Africa followed by Jiko. The scheduled time is 4:00pm.

Well that is all for tonight. Off to bed..up early for SWW @ DHS tomorrow!

So nice of you to take time to reply to all these questions. Thank you very much for all your information. Have a wonderful trip!

Thanks so much for taking time to reply. We are so excited about our stay and your live reports just reinforce we have made a great resort decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter