list of areas in all 4 parks that toddler can play/run/ get out of stroller?

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by Halley Fitz, Nov 9, 2018 at 9:33 PM.

1. Halley Fitz

Halley Fitz Earning My Ears

I have tried to look on maps, but not sure if I am finding anything labeled as such.

I just want to have a few places in my back pocket that I know
    I can take my walking almost 11 month old to play and have some time out of the stroller while We are in the parks.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. hpsalb

hpsalb Mouseketeer

I don’t have a comprehensive list and haven’t been to the parks in a few years, but here’s some ideas to start with

MK:
    Tom Sawyer’s Island
    Dumbo playground (while waiting for the ride)
    The train splash area near Dumbo in FL
    Play area under the bridge at Splash Mt (gets crowded though)
    Not a play area, but the Swiss Family Robinson is a walkthrough and basically never has a wait.

AK:
    Boneyard
    Mine like taking the train to the walking exhibits at Rafiki Planet Watch.

EP:
    Lots to see at Seas area, walking to look at all the fish. Plus there is a small indoor play area.
    Fountains
    Mine in general like walking around World Showcase, something at each country. They like the instruments at the Outpost and Kidcot stops, if still offered.

HS:
    We used to do the Honey I Shrunk the Kids area, but I’m no help as there have been so many updates here since we’ve been last.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Halley Fitz

Halley Fitz Earning My Ears

Thank you sooo much!!!! This really helps

5. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

I thought Tom Sawyer's Island was currently closed as will be Rafiki's Planet Watch.

6. Momto2minniemice

Momto2minniemice Mouseketeer

Not at MK but near, there is a nice playground at the campground which is a short boat ride from MK.

It includes, swings and slides... my girls love it. The other thing we like is it is very low key, not much noise, and not over stimulating. We normally make dinner reservations at trails end and let the kids run off energy before and after too.

Halley Fitz likes this.
  7. Betty Rohrer

Betty Rohrer DIS Veteran

the small one under the bridge near Splash Mt gets very crowded plus is very small had a toddler run over by an older child who was not being watched closely. I would be very careful there with young walker