List of ABD Cruise schedules for cruise

Has anyone gotten a list of time frames of trips for the Adventures by Disney on the Med. cruise , want to book activities on the ship but did not know of any conflicting schedules with ABD .
I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you asking for the time frames for the activities on shore, or the ABD onboard activities?

I can tell you what ours were, but there's NO guarantee it will be the same for your cruise.

Sayhello

Hi sayhello, actually I was interested in both on land and ship schedules. If we have any chance of reserves for Palo brunch or like activities,a rough schedule would be nice

The Palo dinner was split up, since the private room only holds 14 people. I'm going to have to look through my notes to see if I can remember when the various nights were. They did an early & a late seating one night, and a late seating the next night. I know that I had a personal Palo dinner reservation on Corsica night, and that was definitely not one of the Palo nights. So that might be an option. But I'm sure if one of the nights conflicted with your personal reservation, you could ask them to put you on the second night.

The welcome reception was mid-afternoon on embarkation day, although it seemed the time kept getting adjusted.

The animation lesson was like 4pm on the second (mid-cruise) sea day. The farewell "dessert" reception was late afternoon on the last sea day.

Most of the days ashore were almost as long as the ship was in dock. We met up pretty early most days, between 7:30 or 8:30am, and got back most days just about at All aboard time (except Naples/Capri day, where we got back about 6:30pm, when the ship left at 9, and Corsica day, where we got back at 3pm, and the ship left at 5). Except for the Palo dinners, there were no nighttime ABD activities.

They DID, however, opposite to what I was told, have everyone sitting together for dinner. Except for me, since I'd already made other arrangements, because I'd been told they specifically *weren't* going to do dinner so that people would be free to eat dinner with others they were traveling with who might not be doing the ABD.

I went to the ABD site to verify if the Cruise in August was an 11 night or 10 night, and I noticed there were NO dates listed for the Med ABD/DCL. So that means they ALL sold out! I hope you're already signed up!

Sayhello

The Palo dinner was split up, since the private room only holds 14 people. I'm going to have to look through my notes to see if I can remember when the various nights were. They did an early & a late seating one night, and a late seating the next night. I know that I had a personal Palo dinner reservation on Corsica night, and that was definitely not one of the Palo nights. So that might be an option. But I'm sure if one of the nights conflicted with your personal reservation, you could ask them to put you on the second night.

The welcome reception was mid-afternoon on embarkation day, although it seemed the time kept getting adjusted.

The animation lesson was like 4pm on the second (mid-cruise) sea day. The farewell "dessert" reception was late afternoon on the last sea day.

Most of the days ashore were almost as long as the ship was in dock. We met up pretty early most days, between 7:30 or 8:30am, and got back most days just about at All aboard time (except Naples/Capri day, where we got back about 6:30pm, when the ship left at 9, and Corsica day, where we got back at 3pm, and the ship left at 5). Except for the Palo dinners, there were no nighttime ABD activities.

They DID, however, opposite to what I was told, have everyone sitting together for dinner. Except for me, since I'd already made other arrangements, because I'd been told they specifically *weren't* going to do dinner so that people would be free to eat dinner with others they were traveling with who might not be doing the ABD.

I went to the ABD site to verify if the Cruise in August was an 11 night or 10 night, and I noticed there were NO dates listed for the Med ABD/DCL. So that means they ALL sold out! I hope you're already signed up!

Sayhello

That's interesting about the Dinner thing. My partner and I are doing a B2B of the the last Med cruise, with ABD, and then the WBTA cruise bringing the Magic home to Florida from Europe....so we were already planning on making arrangements to link our dinner ressies with some other B2B couples (none of whom, thus far, are doing the ABD add-on during the Med) so that we could have the same tablemates (and hopefully servers *crosses fingers*) for the full 24 nights. So I have a feeling that we're going to be in the same situation you were----did you feel like not eating with the other ABD guests detracted from your experience in any way? And obviously not all the ABD guests were in one seating, right? Some were early and some were late?

If/when you decide to post some more information about what you did on each day and waht your experiences were, I'd love to learn more (I'll try to keep an eye out but feel free to PM me a link to your trip report or review if you post one)----

----but I guess I have just one main question....as someone who it seems like did the ABD experience but was also traveling with other guests who were NOT on the ABD...comparing your experiences, are you glad you did ABD? Was it worth it to you (not so much financially as that isn't a huge concern for us and we're already PIF by now anyway :lmao:)? But do you feel like it really enhanced your vacation experience?

We're so excited we can hardly stand it...but we'd love to have more information about what to expect!

Thank you sayhelleo, I think we will just let the ABD on board schedule fall as it may, without getting to crazy trying to fill every moment, there's always the spa to relax in between-after all, we should not forget-WE ARE ON VACATION-ENJOY

Thank you sayhelleo, I think we will just let the ABD on board schedule fall as it may, without getting to crazy trying to fill every moment, there's always the spa to relax in between-after all, we should not forget-WE ARE ON VACATION-ENJOY
I think that's a wise decision. The ABD schedule seemed to be a bit fluid, and I was just lucky the stuff I had planned mostly did not conflict.

That's interesting about the Dinner thing. My partner and I are doing a B2B of the the last Med cruise, with ABD, and then the WBTA cruise bringing the Magic home to Florida from Europe....so we were already planning on making arrangements to link our dinner ressies with some other B2B couples (none of whom, thus far, are doing the ABD add-on during the Med) so that we could have the same tablemates (and hopefully servers *crosses fingers*) for the full 24 nights. So I have a feeling that we're going to be in the same situation you were----did you feel like not eating with the other ABD guests detracted from your experience in any way? And obviously not all the ABD guests were in one seating, right? Some were early and some were late?
I was not actually *traveling* with other people. Rather, there was a group of us from the DISBoards Meet thread for my cruise that had gotten rather freindly & close on the thread & decided to link our ressies for dining so that we could be assured of being seated together. And yes, I do feel a bit that I missed out on some of the shared experience that the other ABDers had, sharing that meal together. BUT I would never have done it otherwise! "Table 32" was one of the highlights of the cruise for me, and I truly loved sharing dining with those folks. Oh, and everyone on the ABD is supposed to do late dining, because we come back from many of the excursions way too late for early seating. So we *were* all on late seating, and on the same rotation.

If/when you decide to post some more information about what you did on each day and waht your experiences were, I'd love to learn more (I'll try to keep an eye out but feel free to PM me a link to your trip report or review if you post one)----
A detailed Trip report is definitely in the making. Unfortunately, it's going to be a bit delayed, as I am still recovering from the stomach virus from hell that I came down with the day after I returned home. It's been pretty much a lost week for me.

----but I guess I have just one main question....as someone who it seems like did the ABD experience but was also traveling with other guests who were NOT on the ABD...comparing your experiences, are you glad you did ABD? Was it worth it to you (not so much financially as that isn't a huge concern for us and we're already PIF by now anyway :lmao:)? But do you feel like it really enhanced your vacation experience?
As I said above, I wasn't actually traveling with other people. Although, as it turns out, I certainly *could* have traveled with others from our DIS Meet if I'd needed/wanted to. We had an extremely large & active Meet thread, and there were several people who put together private tours of most of the ports. Had I known this, would I have signed up for the ABD? I'm really not sure, as the main reason I did (besides LOVING ABD and the trips they do) was to have the consistency of 39 other travelers that I'd be seeing & touring with on a consistent basis. I could have gotten that with the Meet thread. But there was NO WAY to know that ahead of time. Some of the Med cruise Meet threads are totally dead. I just lucked out with mine. I travel alone a lot, and I find cruises boring if you aren't traveling with others. Plus, no-one knew if the DCL/ABD Med add-on would sell or not, so there was a chance it would be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I totally don't regret signing up for the ABD; it was a wonderful way to do a cruise, and the Adventure Guides we had were superb. It definitely DID add to the experience. Would I have had as good an experience doing a mix of private tours & DCL excursions instead? Possibly. But I was pretty much guaranteed a good experience with ABD, and I liked not "gambling".

We're so excited we can hardly stand it...but we'd love to have more information about what to expect!
As I said, I'll try to start getting my Trip Report up soon. I know a lot of folks are waiting for it. :lovestruc I just have to start feeling human again, first!

Sayhello

I was not actually *traveling* with other people. Rather, there was a group of us from the DISBoards Meet thread for my cruise that had gotten rather freindly & close on the thread & decided to link our ressies for dining so that we could be assured of being seated together. And yes, I do feel a bit that I missed out on some of the shared experience that the other ABDers had, sharing that meal together. BUT I would never have done it otherwise! "Table 32" was one of the highlights of the cruise for me, and I truly loved sharing dining with those folks. Oh, and everyone on the ABD is supposed to do late dining, because we come back from many of the excursions way too late for early seating. So we *were* all on late seating, and on the same rotation.

A detailed Trip report is definitely in the making. Unfortunately, it's going to be a bit delayed, as I am still recovering from the stomach virus from hell that I came down with the day after I returned home. It's been pretty much a lost week for me.

As I said above, I wasn't actually traveling with other people. Although, as it turns out, I certainly *could* have traveled with others from our DIS Meet if I'd needed/wanted to. We had an extremely large & active Meet thread, and there were several people who put together private tours of most of the ports. Had I known this, would I have signed up for the ABD? I'm really not sure, as the main reason I did (besides LOVING ABD and the trips they do) was to have the consistency of 39 other travelers that I'd be seeing & touring with on a consistent basis. I could have gotten that with the Meet thread. But there was NO WAY to know that ahead of time. Some of the Med cruise Meet threads are totally dead. I just lucked out with mine. I travel alone a lot, and I find cruises boring if you aren't traveling with others. Plus, no-one knew if the DCL/ABD Med add-on would sell or not, so there was a chance it would be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I totally don't regret signing up for the ABD; it was a wonderful way to do a cruise, and the Adventure Guides we had were superb. It definitely DID add to the experience. Would I have had as good an experience doing a mix of private tours & DCL excursions instead? Possibly. But I was pretty much guaranteed a good experience with ABD, and I liked not "gambling".

Thanks for the great info! Well I think we're going to stick with getting ourselves seated with the other 2 couples of DIS friends we've connected with who are also on the B2B since even if we eat with ABD folks on the Med, we'll still want to be able to have comfortable/fun table-mates for the WBTA portion. Maybe we'll get lucky and our tables with our DIS friends will be NEAR the tables filled by ABD folks! :)

As another question.....since you said everyone ABD had to be late dining and you often got back to the ship later in the afternoon/evening....does that mean you did not get to see any of the shows on the ship? (if so...then it's a good thing we have the WBTA because we love the shows!)

As another question.....since you said everyone ABD had to be late dining and you often got back to the ship later in the afternoon/evening....does that mean you did not get to see any of the shows on the ship? (if so...then it's a good thing we have the WBTA because we love the shows!)
We missed some of the "entertainer" shows, but we saw all the Disney production shows. ("Twice Charmed", "Villians Tonight" etc). Those all seemed to be on Sea nights or the few early nights.

Sayhello

We missed some of the "entertainer" shows, but we saw all the Disney production shows. ("Twice Charmed", "Villians Tonight" etc). Those all seemed to be on Sea nights or the few early nights.

Sayhello

Oh cool, those are the ones we would want to see most anyway. Don't even know what entertainers there are, but we love the production shows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter