Lisa & Pete's DCL PJ & Trip Report - WEDDING VIDEO POSTED!!!

I am so excited about being a princess for a day! Well two days since we are having a Magic Kingdom Photo Shoot and I will get to wear my dress again. I have stalked other threads and made an album of my favorite MK shoots, I hope the brides do not mind. I plan on printing them out to make sure my Photographer knows what ones I want (The Marry Go Round, Close up shots, the fountain, the arch and what ones I don't (not many inside the Castle and really really far away shots with the Castle in the background). Here is the link to the ones I love! We are scheduled for the 6am Magic Kingdom Photo shoot. I tried to move it to 5am, but I am waiting to hear back about that since they are having Castle show rehersals that morning. I am excited to see some behind the sceens action in the Magic Kingdom too!

Dresses....UGH! How did you all pick? I have a bunch I like. Which ones do you like the best? I am a plus sized girl so keep that in mind when you look at the dresses?

Dress One

2105372771_22d8df1eb6.jpg

Dress Two

2106148196_5f7b51774f.jpg

Dress Three

2106148170_68d52b2d70.jpg

Dress Four - With Short Sleaves

2106148194_83c3b556c5.jpg

Dress Five - With Short Sheer Sleaves added

2106148192_e5b63171c0.jpg

I will be wearing this Tiara, that I borrowered from a good friend of mine!!

2083975841_79c2433acd.jpg

I am doing my own Makeup for the wedding and most likely my hair too. I have long curley hair and every time I have had it done (prom, other weddings, etc.) it has not looked good. The Disney Cruiseline doesn't have a makeup person, so I plan on buying good make up and doing it myself. So this brings me to Eyelashes. Mine a long, but I want them to POP. I didn't want to get to the cruise and then have to learn how to apply fake ones, so I have been playing around at home with them. I am getting pretty good. What do you think? Do you girls think it will be ok if I just do them myself?

2102382340_e37a6a7033.jpg

Hi Lisa,

I just found your PJ (I've been MIA on the boards lately... too much wedding planning!). Everything looks great... I LOVE LOVE LOVE your proposal snow globe! Too cute! i think the mickeys in your ring are totally obvious... but I guess thats the Disney lover in me... it looks great!!

Kristen

Hi Lisa!

I loved your proposal story - it was so cute! I really like dress #2 and 5.
I loved the way your invites came out! It was so creative! Can't wait to hear more!

Lisa. Your eyes look amazing in that picture. I think you will be fine! Much better then I could ever do lol, I am terrible at putting makeup on.

I loved the snowglobe, lol. I am very partial to Cinderella though, she is simply my favorite.

Congratulations!

I'm with the majority, dresses #2 & #5.
But... if I had to choose between them, #2.
I think we'll need to see you modeling them to make a fully educated pick. :goodvibes

Eyelashes look great, you have nothing to worry about.

oh oh oh, i am SO JEALOUS OF YOU. i was told that there was no way i could have more than 20 people at a dcl wedding :mad:

anyway, if those eyelashes are fake in the pic, they are perfect! i like dress #5!

I like the dresses with the side wrap thingie, like 1 and 5. I tried on a bunch of these, and they all made my waist look slim. I think dress 2 kinda draws the eye to the tummy.

Your eye makeup is amazing! How long have you been practicing? Do you think I have time to learn to do my own fake lashes by Feb. 4? :cutie:

I am going to be doing the Magic Kingdom Photo Shoot. I am also going to be adding the Epcot Photo Shoot on right after the Magic Kingdom Phot Shoot. I was wondering how many pictures you get. The lady I talked to said you get 12 pictures in a folio and then the proofs. Are the proofs all 4 X 5 size? Does anyone know? I am sooo excited. I need to send in the Credit Card Authorization Form today!

Lisa, can you post some background info on DCL weddings? I don't know anything about them, but I'd like to! Do you have an event minimum, or any sort of per-person mins? Do you have a private reception? Is there a private part of the island you'll have your wedding on? Anything else you can think of I'd love to hear! I can totally picture my sister having a DCL wedding. She LOVES cruising!

DCL Wedding. I am so excited about mine. Kristen I would love to share!

The Wedding Package includes:

• Wedding ceremony - either aboard the Disney Cruise Line, or on Disney's Private Island, Castaway Cay
  • Coordinator to assist with wedding ceremony and reception
  • Concierge service on board to assist in booking shore excursions and spa/salon appointments. (The actual excursions and treatments are not included in package.)
  • Officiant to perform wedding ceremony (usually the captain for onboard weddings, a Bahamian officiant for Castaway Cay weddings)
  • Pianist for wedding ceremony
  • Fresh flower bouquet for bride and fresh flower boutonniere for groom
  • Two-tier wedding cake with keepsake cake topper and one bottle of Fairy Tale Cuvee for a toast
  • Dress steaming for bride
  • Confirmed dinner for two at Palo on night of wedding
  • Special wedding gift
  • Disney Cruise Line Wedding Certificate
  • Note from the Captain/Hotel Director
  • Complimentary photo
  • Champagne & Strawberries delivered to stateroom
  • $100.00 onboard stateroom credit (for bride & groom only), good towards merchandise, spa treatments, shore excursions and other onboard activities. Any unused portions are nonrefundable and nontransferable.
  • Bride and Groom pins
  • Florida marriage license

You can get married on the ship, or in two places on Castaway Cay. The first is at the Heads up bar (they make it look not so bar like) and the other place is on the beach. I am getting married right on the beach! You and youe guest will get to get off of the ship before anyone else and have private transportation to the wedding location. Usually the weddings are finishing up just as people are getting to the island so you will not have tns of strangers watching you (although I would love that)!

After the wedding we will go back to Palo on the ship and have a reception. It will include a piano player (also a CD player is your song is on a cd), your cake. Usually the reception lasts about an hour or so. Then get your bathingsuit on and hit the beach!

All of your reservations can be linked together so your guests will all be at the same table(s) for all of your meals.

There is no minimums. Not for people or money spent. The cost includes 8 guests, and then you are charged $10 for each guest over 8!

SO far it has been easy and stress free! I would highly recomend it to anyone!

Any other questions?

Sounds great!!! I wish I wouldve thought of that!

How long is the cruise? Are you getting married at the beginning, middle, or end of your cruise?

We are only doing the 4 night cruise. It is Sunday - Thursday and we will be married on Tuesday! We thought that three nights was too short and didn't want to have to ask our guest to pay for a 7 night, so we thought 4 nights was perfect. It will also let people have Saturday to travel to Florida and then the weekend to travel home. Some peole are adding a day at WDW on to the beginning or the end.

My DF family is from AZ so they HAVE to fly in on Saturday. So My DF and I along with my parents and sister and her family and a friend or two are going to FL on Saturday. We are all staying at the POP on Saturday night. I have arranged to rent a mini bus that holds 23 people (we only have 15 or so that will need to ride in it). It is going to pick us all up at the POP on Sunday morning and take us to the cruise terminal. Then after the cruise it will pick us up and take everyone back to the airport, and then take my DF and I to our hotel. Faith was great to work with and the cost ends up being cheaper then Disney Transportation. We will also get to be all together so that will be great!!!

I was wondering if you could answer a few questions about a DCL wedding for me. I am considering doing this for a vow renewal later on this year. The Disney Weddings website was not really informative. Is the price of the cruise included in the wedding or are the prices they are quoting in addition to having already paid for the cruise?? any help or thoughts would be great.
Thanks,
Kim

Hi! I am so glad I found your PJ!! I am hoping for a Castaway Cay wedding as well and I have some questions...Any help is appreciated! I am just in the initial planning stages :goodvibes

Was it difficult to book your date? I have been told you can reserve your date at 18 months out...is that correct?

I was under the impression that 20 people was the maximum...have you been told differently? (Also...do kids count towards that number?)

Are you planning other activities aside from the ceremony?

I'm sure I will have more...I hope this isn't any trouble for you...It seems difficult to find other DCL brides! :goodvibes

Suzanne

Cameron991! HI!

It is hard to find another DCL bride. That is one of the reasons I started this PJ!

I was told you could not book your date until 12 months out. I didn't like that answer so I called back a few times. I ended up booking at 13 months out with no problem (I also booked my Magic Kingdom Photo Shoot at 13 months out).

Here is a Direct Quote from my planning paperwork on the number of guests you can have:

Additional Guest Fees:
11 – 20 guests: $100.00 31 – 40guests: $300.00
21 – 30 guests: $200.00 41 – 50 guests: $400.00

The additional Guest fee will be charged to your reservation prior to your voyage. This additional fee will be used to cover additional champagne and cake for your Guests.

For groups of 50 or more Guests, a Custom Weddings Service fee will be charged to your reservation prior to your voyage. Please contact Disney Fairy Tale Weddings for details.

So basically you can have as many as you wish to have. I am lucky because I moonlight as a Travel Agent and I am in charge of all of my guest reservations! It has been a big stress reliever! We are having about 40 guests! So I am not sure of the cost if you go over 50.

We are planning on having all of our dinner meals together. But nothing else really. We want everyone to have agood time and not feel structured. We are having Door Magnets and Beach Towels (as favors) made that look like this:

1806794660_7250d637fa_o.jpg

If you contact a Travel Agent and get them to set you up a Group Travel trip you get some benefits. You get to have welcome gift basket or bottle of wine in each room, you get to make sure your party will all be together for your main meal, you get $50 off of each room as a group booking discount and if you book 8 rooms you get an additional $400 on board credit added to your room.

It is no trouble at all. I am more then happy to share the information! I had a hard time finding someone to help me!

I was wondering if you could answer a few questions about a DCL wedding for me. I am considering doing this for a vow renewal later on this year. The Disney Weddings website was not really informative. Is the price of the cruise included in the wedding or are the prices they are quoting in addition to having already paid for the cruise?? any help or thoughts would be great.
Thanks,
Kim

Sorry Minnie Fan I missed your post!

I am not sure what you have been quoted. Our cruise was 1800 and then the wedding add on, as it is added to your cruise price was $3,500.00. I think the vow renewals are $2,500.00 but I am not sure. You can pick any cat. of room and then just add the wedding/renewal onto it. Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter