Linking (or merging?) Questions

bam117

Earning My Ears
I'm about to book my trip by renting points through someone who I've worked with before. He only has enough points for the first 4 nights of my trip, so I found someone else to book the 5th night. It would be the same resort, same room type/category, same people. I can't seem to find a straight answer through my searches, but can these reservations be linked? Or merged? (not sure the difference) My two main concerns are being able to book my ADR's for the whole trip at 180 days from day 1 and the other concern is the possibility of having to switch rooms. Has anyone done this? For reference we would be booking a 2BR Savannah view at Kidani. I know I wouldnt be able to merge/link them personally, it would be through the owners.
Thanks!

They can be linked. To be merged they'd have to have been booked by the same owner under the same membership. You should not have an issue with ADR's unless there's some newer hiccup with that since I last booked ADR's. Switching rooms when a reservation is linked is not too common although yes, it would always be a possibility. What I do is at check in I confirm that they have it already noted and assigned to stay in the same room.

The other thing is that to link the CM's have often required both owners to be on the same call while linking.

I currently have two reservations linked because i booked night 1 on one of my memberships and one on the other,

The CM told me that it was important to note on each one that it was a continuous reservation with the same party, included the other reservation number, and to please try to keep in the same room for both nights,

While mentioned that the moving with linked reservations is uncommon, the CM made sure to tell me that it could happen.

So, I would have each owner contract MS..they can send an email if they don’t want to call..asking that a note be put on with the other reservation number,

This should help and as already suggested, when you check in, be sure to mention to the front desk because at that point they will know if you have been kept in the same room. If they haven’t, then at least they can try to get it switched right there,

I will say, the last time I did this, I was put in the same room for both. The only thing I had to do at VGF was go down the morning of the switch day and check out/in on paper.

So the policy for Disney is that ADRs do not work across split stays (even if a linked reservation because MDE recognizes them still as two separate). So technically speaking you would have two windows for ADRs. Whereas FastPass+ works across split stays. The only caveat to this is when a member has a DVC to DVC split stay Member Services can override the two windows for ADRs to one window, for owners. I know this works for reservations made by the member under their own membership not sure if a member rents points (if that applies for you).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter