LINK TO MY TR POSTED 10/30 - I'm Ali & I'm Addicted to Disney Planning - Oct '10 PTR

Thanks, Kathy! I like looking back through the old pics. And yeah, I STILL have that reaction on Dinosaur! Now STOP DISING FROM VACATION! :rotfl2:

I had to do a little DIS or I'd never catch up with all of my friends here.

Here's a funny story that you guys are sure to appreciate...

I decided to retype and reprint my packing list today. I fix it all up and click print. A piece of paper feeds halfway through the printer, then stops, and I get a Paper Jam error.

I pull the paper out and look around in there, and from what I could see there was nothing else in there. I click print again. This time, the rollers in the printer start moving, but the paper doesn't even feed. Another paper jam error message.

So I'm looking around at the rollers and suddenly I see it....one of those gray, cardboard style nail files, like they use in the salons. It must have been on top of the paper in the tray and fed into the printer when I tried to print the first time. I grab some tweezers, but I can't pull the file out from the front...it's too thick to fit through. I start shoving it back the way came. Now it's wedged behind the rollers and I can't get it out either way.

I sat there for 45 minutes trying to get this thing out of there. I flipped the printer over about 10 times trying to find a way to take off one of the back panels so I can access the area behind the rollers. I can't find ANYTHING...no tabs, no screws, nothing that shows me how to get in there.

Finally I break down and just start crying. This can only happen to me, and I can't go without a printer but I can't afford a new one, either.

Lumar comes over. Flips the printer over, finds some little compartment, pops the cover off, the file falls out, he puts the cover back on, and goes back to playing his X-Box.

He was literally over here for 30 seconds MAX.

I'm sorry...but this just made me :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

:banana::banana::banana:
One more day down...11 days of work left!

Thanks! Welcome back!

:yay::yay::yay: for 11 days of work left. Thank you for the welcome back. I'm more tired after one day of work than I was with running with MaryAz's girls at the parks. :rotfl:

I had to do a little DIS or I'd never catch up with all of my friends here.

I'm sorry...but this just made me :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

:yay::yay::yay: for 11 days of work left. Thank you for the welcome back. I'm more tired after one day of work than I was with running with MaryAz's girls at the parks. :rotfl:

Yeah I know...I'm glad Lumar will have his laptop while we're in WDW so I can catch up at night before we go to bed. Otherwise, after two weeks away, I will be lost in the sauce!

That dang printer! I can't get over how mad I was that day. In retrospect it was NOT a big deal. And I think if I was not so stressed out PRIOR to the incident, I could have fixed it on my own and quickly. But I was cleaning and packing and organizing (i.e. in Spazz Mode), and I just lost it. When I say I cried, I mean I literally laid down on the floor and had a temper tantrum.

You know how when you don't get enough exercise, your body just starts to feel slow and sluggish? That's how my brain is starting to get. There is NO WORK for me to do, and the few things that do trickle in are mindless jobs. I'm more tired NOW when I get home from work, just from being BORED all day and sitting around in my chair, than I was when I was working my butt off all day. I hate being bored. I've read through 10 books already since mid-June, JUST at work. They're pretty much paying me $18 an hour to read books and DIS.

Getting close now!
I get frustrated tantrums as well, it is usually then my DH will step in and help. Until then he would sit and play the XBOX as well!:lmao:

OK so we all knew this was coming.

There are 15 days left until we leave, and I made a few changes to our ADR schedule.

I found out that on 10/21, which is our first DHS day, the park will actually be open until 9pm and they are showing Fantasmic twice...once at 7:30pm and again at 9pm. I didn't know there was a second show, and so I had settled for a 4:15pm ADR for 50's PTC on that day. Now that I know that Fantasmic will show again at 9, I checked into later ADRs for Mama Melrose's, which is the one I really wanted. Score! They had a 6:30pm available! So I canceled 50's, booked the 6:30 at Mama's, and we'll go see the 9pm showing of Fantasmic.

Now, Lumar and I were scheduled to have breakfast at Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club at 9:15am on this same morning. However, I was reading KatMark's TR and she got me thinking about FPs for TSMM. She said that they were out of FPs for the day by 11:15am! My first thought was that we would get to DHS for rope drop, run and get FPs for TSMM, then head to Yacht Club for breakfast. However, rope drop is at 9am and our ADR was for 9:15am so there was no way we would make it. They did have a 9:45am still available, so that would give us more time...but neither of us really wants to rush from one place to another, wasting park time. So I canceled our breakfast ADR all together. I was looking forward to it, but at the same time, I don't want to be in transit all over The World for half of our vacation. So we'll have breakfast at the resort that morning and then head to DHS for rope drop.

I have a similar quandary for 10/24. That is our 2nd DHS day and again, I scheduled breakfast for that morning. When I made these ADRs, the FPs for TSMM never even crossed my mind! We have breakfast for Cape May Cafe scheduled for 9:40am that morning. I REALLY want to do this meal, so Lumar said we could keep this one, get to the park for rope drop, get our TSMM FPs, and then head to breakfast. Since we would only have to do this once on the whole trip, he is OK with it. It sounds like a pain, but I think since it's only the 2 of us, it won't be too bad. If my brother was still coming, I would just cancel the ADR because we'd never make it!

So....for those still playing along at home, here is a new up-to-date itinerary.

Tuesday 10/19 - Arrival Day!
Flight leaves at 11:25am
Flight lands at MCO at 2:00pm
MNSSHP

Wednesday 10/20 - Epcot
Breakfast: either Pepper Market at CSR or Season's at Epcot
Lunch: 1pm @ Rose & Crown
Dinner: 7:15pm @ San Angel Inn
Illuminations

Thursday 10/21 - Hollywood Studios
Breakfast: Pepper Market
Lunch: QS, probably at Pizza Planet
Dinner: 6:30pm @ Mama Melrose's
Fantasmic at 9pm

Friday 10/22 - Animal Kingdom
Lunch: QS somewhere in the park
Dinner: 5:15pm @ Yak & Yeti
EMH til 8pm! :woohoo:

Saturday 10/23 - Magic Kingdom
Breakfast: 9:20am @ Kona Cafe
After lunch, we'll head back to CSR for a swim and a nap.
Dinner: 5:00pm @ Planet Hollywood
Cirque du Soleil @ 9pm
EMH at MK til 2am!

Sunday 10/24 - Hollywood Studios
Breakfast: 9:40am @ Cape May Cafe
Dinner: 4:50pm at Sci-Fi
Fantasmic at 7:30pm
EMH til 10:30pm!

Monday 10/25 - Epcot
Breakfast: 9:15am @ The Grand Floridian Cafe
Dinner: 5:15pm @ Biergarten
Illuminations

Tuesday 10/26 - Free Day
Mini Golf at Fantasia Gardens
Lunch: 3:30pm @ T-Rex
MNSSHP
Dinner:QS somewhere in the park.

Wednesday 10/27 - Animal Kingdom
Breakfast: 9:25am @ Tusker House
Dinner: 5:35pm @ Jiko
DTD after dinner

Thursday 10/28 - Epcot
This was originally scheduled to be another MK day, but we'll be at MK for a full day on 10/23, plus two Halloween Parties. So we opted for another day the F & W Festival
Breakfast: 9:30am @ The Wave
Dinner: 5:15pm @ Ohana
Head back to Epcot after dinner
Illuminations

Friday 10/29 - Going Home Day
We'll get up and check out, leave our luggage with the air-line check in people, and head to DTD. I definitely want to get breakfast at Earl of Sandwich then we'll have a few hours to kill before DME comes to pick us up. Our flight leaves at 5:35pm to bring us back to Crapnecticut. :sad1:

All of your ADRs and plans for the day look great! No one believes me about the TSM fastpasses. They refuse to believe they will run out that quickly. Oh newbies. :laughing:

All of your ADRs and plans for the day look great! No one believes me about the TSM fastpasses. They refuse to believe they will run out that quickly. Oh newbies. :laughing:

Thanks! And yeah..I was thinking that since the ride has been there for over a year now, that maybe it would calm down a little bit... But, Soarin' has been here for a few years and now and even that ride still runs out of FPs. It just occurred to me when I was making our ADRs! But I was recently thinking about canceling some breakfast reservations anyway...More to save money than anything else. But this works out pretty good this way, so I'm happy!

Glad I got to talk to you before you leave! I'm at my dad's house for the rest of the afternoon, then Boardwalk Empire is on at 9 so I don't think I'll be on again before you leave tomorrow. Have a GREAT trip!

Congrats on getting your Mama Melrose ADR, I just read on my PTR that you were trying to get one and then I look here and you got it, yay! Must be a lucky day for ADR's! :woohoo:

Your itinerary for the week looks great! I still have to figure out what I'm going to do with the day we were supposed to go to Universal, maybe we will do mini golf that day, and then lunch at Chef's or something! :cool1:

The psychologists have figured out that for most people the most pleasant part of an event is the anticipation, the planning, the hoping and talking and guessing how lovely it will be. So, you are not addicted, you have just figured out the most rewarding element of the trip!

Thanks! And yeah..I was thinking that since the ride has been there for over a year now, that maybe it would calm down a little bit... But, Soarin' has been here for a few years and now and even that ride still runs out of FPs. It just occurred to me when I was making our ADRs! But I was recently thinking about canceling some breakfast reservations anyway...More to save money than anything else. But this works out pretty good this way, so I'm happy!

Glad I got to talk to you before you leave! I'm at my dad's house for the rest of the afternoon, then Boardwalk Empire is on at 9 so I don't think I'll be on again before you leave tomorrow. Have a GREAT trip!

Thank you!

OK so we all knew this was coming.

There are 15 days left until we leave, and I made a few changes to our ADR schedule.

I found out that on 10/21, which is our first DHS day, the park will actually be open until 9pm and they are showing Fantasmic twice...once at 7:30pm and again at 9pm. I didn't know there was a second show, and so I had settled for a 4:15pm ADR for 50's PTC on that day. Now that I know that Fantasmic will show again at 9, I checked into later ADRs for Mama Melrose's, which is the one I really wanted. Score! They had a 6:30pm available! So I canceled 50's, booked the 6:30 at Mama's, and we'll go see the 9pm showing of Fantasmic.

Now, Lumar and I were scheduled to have breakfast at Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club at 9:15am on this same morning. However, I was reading KatMark's TR and she got me thinking about FPs for TSMM. She said that they were out of FPs for the day by 11:15am! My first thought was that we would get to DHS for rope drop, run and get FPs for TSMM, then head to Yacht Club for breakfast. However, rope drop is at 9am and our ADR was for 9:15am so there was no way we would make it. They did have a 9:45am still available, so that would give us more time...but neither of us really wants to rush from one place to another, wasting park time. So I canceled our breakfast ADR all together. I was looking forward to it, but at the same time, I don't want to be in transit all over The World for half of our vacation. So we'll have breakfast at the resort that morning and then head to DHS for rope drop.

I have a similar quandary for 10/24. That is our 2nd DHS day and again, I scheduled breakfast for that morning. When I made these ADRs, the FPs for TSMM never even crossed my mind! We have breakfast for Cape May Cafe scheduled for 9:40am that morning. I REALLY want to do this meal, so Lumar said we could keep this one, get to the park for rope drop, get our TSMM FPs, and then head to breakfast. Since we would only have to do this once on the whole trip, he is OK with it. It sounds like a pain, but I think since it's only the 2 of us, it won't be too bad. If my brother was still coming, I would just cancel the ADR because we'd never make it!

So....for those still playing along at home, here is a new up-to-date itinerary.

Tuesday 10/19 - Arrival Day!
Flight leaves at 11:25am
Flight lands at MCO at 2:00pm
MNSSHP

Wednesday 10/20 - Epcot
Breakfast: either Pepper Market at CSR or Season's at Epcot
Lunch: 1pm @ Rose & Crown
Dinner: 7:15pm @ San Angel Inn
Illuminations

Thursday 10/21 - Hollywood Studios
Lunch: QS, probably at Pizza Planet
Dinner: 6:30pm @ Mama Melrose's
Fantasmic at 9pm

Friday 10/22 - Animal Kingdom
Dinner: 5:15pm @ Yak & Yeti
EMH til 8pm! :woohoo:

Saturday 10/23 - Magic Kingdom
Breakfast: 9:20am @ Kona Cafe
After lunch, we'll head back to CSR for a swim and a nap.
Dinner: 5:00pm @ Planet Hollywood
Cirque du Soleil @ 9pm
EMH at MK til 2am!

Sunday 10/24 - Hollywood Studios
Breakfast: 9:40am @ Cape May Cafe
Dinner: 4:50pm at Sci-Fi
Fantasmic at 7:30pm
EMH til 10:30pm!

Monday 10/25 - Epcot
Breakfast: 9:15am @ The Grand Floridian Cafe
Dinner: 5:15pm @ Biergarten
Illuminations

Tuesday 10/26 - Free Day
Mini Golf at Fantasia Gardens
Lunch: 3:30pm @ T-Rex
MNSSHP
Dinner:QS somewhere in the park.

Wednesday 10/27 - Animal Kingdom
Breakfast: 9:25am @ Tusker House
Dinner: 5:35pm @ Jiko
DTD after dinner

Thursday 10/28 - Epcot
This was originally scheduled to be another MK day, but we'll be at MK for a full day on 10/23, plus two Halloween Parties. So we opted for another day the F & W Festival
Breakfast: 9:30am @ The Wave
Dinner: 5:15pm @ Ohana
Head back to Epcot after dinner
Illuminations

Friday 10/29 - Going Home Day
We'll get up and check out, leave our luggage with the air-line check in people, and head to DTD. I definitely want to get breakfast at Earl of Sandwich then we'll have a few hours to kill before DME comes to pick us up. Our flight leaves at 5:35pm to bring us back to Crapnecticut. :sad1:

Ali, I'm so glad you got Mama Melrose--I know you really wanted this. And smart move on the FP for TSM on your first DHS day. You could always have breakfast at Starring Rolls or Writer's Shop (as we did) while at the Studios...they have really GOOD food. I think getting the FP's and going to Cape May is a good idea too...can't you take the boat ride? We love Cape May for breakfast.

Great new itinerary.

Maybe we'll run into each other at CSR from the 23rd - 27th.
Alternatively, see you at Epcot on the 25th. I'm sure I'll be the one with some sort of food in my mouth. ;)
If not, I'll be the one in black at MNSSHP on Tuesday 26th. Should NOT be too hard to spot ... :thumbsup2

Congrats on getting your Mama Melrose ADR, I just read on my PTR that you were trying to get one and then I look here and you got it, yay! Must be a lucky day for ADR's! :woohoo:

Your itinerary for the week looks great! I still have to figure out what I'm going to do with the day we were supposed to go to Universal, maybe we will do mini golf that day, and then lunch at Chef's or something! :cool1:

You could do mini golf and then try a reservation at a resort restaurant. Or go to DTD to eat! I always feel like we never get enough time at DTD :confused3

The psychologists have figured out that for most people the most pleasant part of an event is the anticipation, the planning, the hoping and talking and guessing how lovely it will be. So, you are not addicted, you have just figured out the most rewarding element of the trip!

LOL that makes me feel better! Thanks for reading!

Ali, I'm so glad you got Mama Melrose--I know you really wanted this. And smart move on the FP for TSM on your first DHS day. You could always have breakfast at Starring Rolls or Writer's Shop (as we did) while at the Studios...they have really GOOD food. I think getting the FP's and going to Cape May is a good idea too...can't you take the boat ride? We love Cape May for breakfast.

We really like Mama's and as much as I wanted to try the food at 50's, I was really nervous about eating there. I don't like to be the center of attention so if I got picked on I would probably have cried. And yes, you can either take a boat or walk from DHS to Beach Club. I'm thinking that walking will be faster but we'll see what the situation is when we get there.

Your new itinerary looks great! :)

Great new itinerary.

Maybe we'll run into each other at CSR from the 23rd - 27th.
Alternatively, see you at Epcot on the 25th. I'm sure I'll be the one with some sort of food in my mouth. ;)
If not, I'll be the one in black at MNSSHP on Tuesday 26th. Should NOT be too hard to spot ... :thumbsup2

Thanks guys! I gave Dana my cell number so we meet up at the Halloween Party on the 26th if you guys want to! We'll play it by ear and see what happens that night. I'll be sure to look for you at CSR! If you see us, stop and say hi! I'm usually not paying attention to my surroundings (which is how I got us lost at POP last year! :rotfl2: In the rain!)

Sorry I haven't been around. Love the final intinerary! LOL, I am sure it's not final. I was so excited to see you finally got your Mama Melrose ADRs, I know you've been really wanting them. I get so excited reading your stuff, I can't wait to hear about your trip when you get back.

Sorry I haven't been around. Love the final intinerary! LOL, I am sure it's not final. I was so excited to see you finally got your Mama Melrose ADRs, I know you've been really wanting them. I get so excited reading your stuff, I can't wait to hear about your trip when you get back.

Hey Tav! It's no problem, I've been kind of lurking myself lately and I've gotten behind on a few PTRs and TRs.

I'm not sure that it's final either... It occurred to me that our "full day" at MK will actually be only a half day because we're leaving early to go back to the room and take a nap and then we're going to Cirque du Soleil. We are planning to head back to MK after the show for EMH, BUT we will miss Wishes and the Main Street Electrical Parade. I'm not all that upset about Wishes, but I really wanted to see the parade because I've never seen it before. I'm considering upgrading to park hoppers and heading over to MK one night but I have to check the MNSSHP schedule and see if it would work out with our schedule.

I heard about that store. I'm not a big caramel fan, but my DH can't wait until next year to check it out.

Oh lord, I cannot WAIT to go there. I love caramel!! :lovestruc

I know, me too! I am already thinking about how sick I'm going to make myself with a caramel apple and a chocolate/caramel covered strawberry. But it's fruit, right? So it's good for me! :laughing:

I heard about that store. I'm not a big caramel fan, but my DH can't wait until next year to check it out.

OMG I LOVE caramel! If I could, I would send Mark something from there but I can't imagine it holding up very well in a box! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter