line etiquette spin off

I think it just depends on the people around you in line. I don't have any issue with your plan. However, all it takes is one unreasonable, irritated person to make an issue out of it. Just be careful.

I was in line to meet them this morning. Pretty much everyone in line was doing the same thing - holding the spot while the children were off with the other parent. A CM came through and asked each person how many were in the party to determine where to cut the line for the next session. My girls joined me in line about 20 minutes before.

i did this for Jack & Sally during MNSSHP. i stood in line while my sister took my kids around. i stood in line for about two hours. they came and got in line with me for the last 30-45 minutes.

Meet and Greets are different types of lines. As long as the people are in your "group" it won't affect the cut off since they'll ask how many (and the option is available for everyone).

From a social engineering standpoint, I would prefer that everyone get to the line together then after the order of the que settles, comment to your front and back neighbor, "do you think there's a rule agains husband running the girls over to get a snack?"

After that you have established yourself as a considerate member if the herd.

I stood in the Anna and Elsa line on Dec. 22 for an hour and a half. The cast members kept counting everyone in line and each time they would ask each person "how many are in your group?" and when the line was re-opening after the princesses rest time they would tell everyone close to the front to contact their family members to come join them in line now. Many family members stood in line while others entertained little ones elsewhere which I thought was perfectly fine.

It sounds like you will be "place holding" for only one M&G opportunity. People in line expect that for each person in line, it is one M&G. So, if you are not holding your place for more than one photo op/meeting, it won't make much difference who is in line.

If you read any of my posts on things like this you know I am very much "anti-cut" "anti-holding" and not looking to find the loop holes in the rules when it comes to Disney to make everyones experience the best possible.

I would say in this circumstance though just let everyone know that you are in line for your 2 daughters. Since its such a long wait (not moving queue) I find this to be a little different than the normal working queue lines that the rides present.

They just need to adjust how this whole system is done though, why make 100-200 people "waste" 2-3-4-5 hours waiting in line to meet a character and get a signature.
Agree with these. Normally, I am against cutting. I believe that you should originally be in the line and that, if an emergency of some sort happens and one person has to leave, it would be acceptable to then rejoin your party, but, again, only if you were originally in the line. In this situation, though, it's different. Having 3 people join you for a meet and greet really doesn't delay my meet and greet. I guess it might add an extra second or two for the princess to say one or two more hellos. It's not like at Thunder Mountain where 3 people could mean the difference between which car I'm on. I think what you are suggesting is okay.

I saw this happen with the Candlelight Processional. The line was a thin horizontal line until it was close to letting people in. The line then became evry wide.

I have seen this happen too, but a CP line is more like a ride line than a M&G line. If every party of one suddenly becomes a party of four or five in a ride line, that can substantially increase your wait time, and even your ability to get into the show/ride before it closes. With a M&G, each "group" has X amount of greet time allowed, whether that is a solo traveler or a family of four. It doesn't substantially increase the wait time, although the line may appear to get longer as the time approaches and the other family members join the spot holder.

I would say if Disney doesn't have an issue with it, I wouldn't. I've seen reports of waits as long as five hours for this particular M&G and it would be nearly impossible for anyone to wait that long in a line without taking a break, let alone children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter