Linda & Dave's Wedding 6/21/11: WP/Off Property/Morocco;Wedding day:pre-ceremony pics

Hi Linda

We too have just been assigned Tania - i sent her an email over the weekend and got her out of office reply. She was out the office from thursday last week to today so it may be a few days before she catches up with you.

Leanne

Hi, Leanne. Thanks for letting me know that. I emailed her Wednesday evening of last week after parent conferences at school. That would explain why I didn't receive an out of office message; the message was probably sent to go out on Thursday. What a relief to know my planner's not blowing me off!:cheer2:

I was home sick today, and ended up at the doctor's. I have a bad sinus infection. After picking up my prescription, I came home, put my jammies back on, and relaxed a little bit.

Then, DF and I set about writing our ceremony via messenger. We cut and pasted from a few places to come up with something that works for us.

I also wrote my vows today. I took something that I had written and then combined it with something I had read.

I created a Wordle with my vows and am thinking of having it framed. My sister and brother-in-law have their vows framed, and I really like that idea, but a Wordle is more fun!

I can't seem to upload the Wordle as a widget, so here's the link:

http://www.wordle.net/show/wrdl/2841491/Vows_2

We decided on a dessert party menu and were quoted a price that we accept, so here's our menu:

chocolate peanut butter marshmallow squares
chocolate covered Mickey rice krispie treats
chocolate covered pretzels
chocolate chip cookies
black and white cookies
s'mores
cheesecake bites
fresh fruit

I think that's all for now!

Hi Linda!

Just caught up on all your plans-- it sounds amazing! The way you two met and your engagement is very sweet as well. Look forward to reading the rest!

Hi Linda...we just got back from our wedding and I will tell you right now...Tanis ROCKS! Seriously...You are in awesome hands...She will take care of everything! And then some!:wizard:

Hi Linda!

Just caught up on all your plans-- it sounds amazing! The way you two met and your engagement is very sweet as well. Look forward to reading the rest!

Thanks! Since I was about 13 years old, I would always say that I never wanted to get married; a long term relationship would be good enough. And, honestly, I never felt that way before I met Dave. Not to sound cheesy, but I really think we are meant to be together. We are very good for each other! :love:

Hi Linda...we just got back from our wedding and I will tell you right now...Tanis ROCKS! Seriously...You are in awesome hands...She will take care of everything! And then some!:wizard:

Good to know! I'm trying not to be a pain in her butt. I already returned our questionnaire, and she told me she didn't expect to hear from me until April. :rotfl: I've had my dress since January of this year and most of the wedding planned in my head since the summer. I want things done! We're pretty much at a stand still again until our floral planning session in February, so I shouldn't have to contact her too much until then.

Congratulations on your wedding! :bride: I was reading some of your report today. Can't wait to hear more and see lots of pics!

I stayed home from school again today :sick: I'm still feeling yucky but have to go back tomorrow.

Highlight of my day was when the mail came. My iron on sparkly transfers arrived!:banana: I ordered them from the seller PeaceLoveRhinestones on etsy after reading someone else's PJ.

I ordered these to make tee shirts for the ladies coming to the wedding (remember, we only have 16 people total, including me and DF). I'm hosting a ladies' tea at the Garden View Tea Room at the GF (as long as I can get an ADR!) the afternoon before the wedding, and I thought it would be cute to have us all wear our tees.

Here are pics of the transfers. You can't see the color well. All of them are dark amethyst except for the "Happily Ever After," which is light amethyst. I got that one to wear during the week.

Wedding001.jpg

Wedding002.jpg

Wedding003.jpg

Wedding004.jpg

My aunt, who is also my godmother, is going to flip when she sees hers! I know that she is just going to LOVE it!

I have had to restrain myself from buying a different Mrs. or Newlywed or Just Married tee shirt for every day of our honeymoon. I figure my Happily Ever After and bride ears are enough.

My mom is going to help me make the tee shirts after the holidays, and I will post pics when they are done. If I try and do them myself, they will end up melted and/or totally crooked.

BTW, I highly recommend the seller. She's great to work with, will customize your order, and is super fast with communication.

Hi! Just wanted to say I love the rhinestone transfers!!! Please post pics of the shirts when you have them completed. :lovestruc

Just joining in. Love your PJ thus far. I have heard nothing but amazing true love stories that started with Match.com. My best friend's sister found her husband on there and they were married within a year and now expecting their first baby! So happy for you that you found "the one" for you. I love the ring, pink is so beautiful in a ring!! How did you go about finding a jeweler to design the ring? DF and I are trying to get one designed but don't know how to find a jeweler you can trust to do it. I also love the pictures on your schedule card.

Just joining in. Love your PJ thus far. I have heard nothing but amazing true love stories that started with Match.com. My best friend's sister found her husband on there and they were married within a year and now expecting their first baby! So happy for you that you found "the one" for you. I love the ring, pink is so beautiful in a ring!! How did you go about finding a jeweler to design the ring? DF and I are trying to get one designed but don't know how to find a jeweler you can trust to do it. I also love the pictures on your schedule card.

We knew of a number of places in the community that do custom work, and we went with the one that we felt had the best reputation. My mom works with someone who had this particular jeweler do some custom work for her and she raved about him. We had a free design consultation with him, and his prices weren't ridiculous. DF really liked him because he felt like he really understood exactly what he was looking for. I talked to a different jeweler on my own as we were attempting to price the rings, and the other jeweler told me that what DF wanted couldn't be done. I'd say just start asking around, read online reviews, go and see some of each jeweler's work. Good luck!

Good to know! I'm trying not to be a pain in her butt. I already returned our questionnaire, and she told me she didn't expect to hear from me until April. :rotfl: I've had my dress since January of this year and most of the wedding planned in my head since the summer. I want things done! We're pretty much at a stand still again until our floral planning session in February, so I shouldn't have to contact her too much until then.

Congratulations on your wedding! :bride: I was reading some of your report today. Can't wait to hear more and see lots of pics!

I felt the same way...but she has it all under control. Her last emails before we got to Disney were "Trust me. It's under control." (I was a nut case) Things will get done...and She will provide you with a flawless execution. :wizard: You'll get to read all about it in my TR....Which I really need to get crackin' on...

I felt the same way...but she has it all under control. Her last emails before we got to Disney were "Trust me. It's under control." (I was a nut case) Things will get done...and She will provide you with a flawless execution. :wizard: You'll get to read all about it in my TR....Which I really need to get crackin' on...

Thank you! I can't wait to read about your special day.

Mom and I worked on the tee shirts yesterday. Here are some pics:

For my niece
Wedding001-1.jpg

How we packaged them up. Once I get my ADR for the Garden View Tea Room, I'm going to have the ladies' tea invitations printed up and then mail out the shirts with the invites.

Wedding003-1.jpg

Me and Mom
Wedding005.jpg

I'm really pleased with how they turned out! In fact, I just ordered another Happily Ever After (I put the one I had on a dark purple shirt, and you just couldn't read it well enough) and a Minnie Mouse with a tiara. I got the shirts for $1.99 each at Michael's on sale and the transfers were about $8.00 each as a package deal. I think they look great and they were much cheaper than any product Disney offers!

Since we are able to start making ADRs tomorrow:banana:, DF and I have been talking about what we want to do. When we actually started planning things out, we quickly realized how little time we will actually have in the parks. So, when DF asked, "Do you want to scrap the road trip and stay an extra week?" of course, I said, "Yes!" In addition to realizing how little time we'd have that first week, I think DF wants us to use those APs as much as we can to get our money's worth

We were able to extend my family's condo for an additional week, so now we are staying at Disney from 6/18-7/2.

I'm very excited because now we will have wedding week with our families and then the additional week just us at the parks.

We've started making our ADRs for the wedding trip. We aren't doing a ton, but here's what we have so far:

Sun, 6/19: Sci-Fi with my mom, godmother and dad for Father's Day
Mon, 6/20: Garden View Tea Room for my ladies' tea

Here are the invites
christmas2010003.jpg

Here are my sister and niece with their shirts
christmas2010007.jpg

My niece is very excited for the tea. One of her Christmas presents was a tea set and she said she is going to practice for the "big tea."

Thurs, 6/23: Garden Grill with DF's mom

The only other two ADRs we are going to make are for Jiko for just us and 1900 Park Fare for just us.

I hope everyone had a great holiday. May your 2011 be filled with pixie dust and magic!:wizard:

The invitations for the tea came out really nice! I love the idea of your niece practicing for the "big tea" How cute! :cutie: Enjoy the garden grill on 6/23. That'll be my Bday. :lmao: I also wish you a wonderful magical 2011. :wizard:

The invitations for the tea came out really nice! I love the idea of your niece practicing for the "big tea" How cute! :cutie: Enjoy the garden grill on 6/23. That'll be my Bday. :lmao: I also wish you a wonderful magical 2011. :wizard:

Thanks! I got a kit at Hallmark and made them; that's about as DIY as I get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter