Limited Too Bucks... why bother?

I guess I don't understand the complaint in the OP...with the too bucks you would get 50% off ONE purchase of $50, but with the current sale you can get 50% off any purchase, whether it's less or more than $50. :confused3 So isn't the current sale better for you or at least the same as if you used your too bucks?

my point was why do they even offer the too bucks...or even crazier, 30 percent off coupons if the whole store is half off. They even offer the too bucks today. Why do they even bother when it is cheaper without such promotions?

my point was why do they even offer the too bucks...or even crazier, 30 percent off coupons if the whole store is half off. They even offer the too bucks today. Why do they even bother when it is cheaper without such promotions?

As someone else mentioned it seems that sales at Justice and LT2 are way down and the 50% off was something that was unplanned. The 30% off coupons that come with the catazine are printed months in advance. I am sure they had no way of knowing that sales would be as bad as they are. I can understand why they are unable to offer the use of the 30% off coupon but i think that they should allow yuo to use some of the Too Bucks. I mean if i thought I could save 50% and still use mt Too Bucks you bet your bottom dollar I would get more stuff.

As it is we are maxed out on LT2 clothing for the holidays.

Lara

When I was in LT2 yesterday I said something to the sales girl there about how crazy it is that they have had B1G1 and now 50%. She said they are trying to be more competitive with stores like Target. I wish they would just adjust their prices and end the whole Too Bucks thing.

I'm really ticked at Justice right now. On BF, I ordered online. The week before some stores around the country had B1G1, and I went out of my way to go to the Justice closest to us (30 min away), only to get there and find out that that store was only B1G1 half-off of clearance only! Online they had B1G1, plus you could use 30% off. Made much more sense to order online! However it took 3 weeks to ship to me!!! Well, included in my order was Christmas themed merchandise. I certainly didn't want to keep it with one week to go till Christmas. By the time I received my shipment, the $25 Justice coupons I 'earned' were already expired!!! So ridiculous. For some reason I always walk out of Justice POed!! :rolleyes:

My LT2 would not honor the two bucks either. I went in there today. There was a sign in the front of the store as you walked in saying 50% off. I asked the girl who worked in the store what was 50% off, she said the whole store. Well I shopped and picked up some music cd's and was thinking about a ds game. When I went to check out another sales girl told me the whole store was 50% off EXCEPT music cd's, anything for a ds or anything electronic. Well just to let you know they lost MY BUCKS.

So I sent my email, which said "I would like to know how you plan to honor the toobucks that your salespeople pushed before Thanksgiving... If you were planning such sales, you should not have pressured customers to spend extra money to earn the toobucks... It's false marketing and just poor customer service..." etc.

I got an email back that said (this is the whole thing):

I am sorry to inform you that you cannot use the 2 bucks with other
promotions. You may use them as long as the items that your are purchasing
are not on sale. If you have any questions please call customer service at
1-866-458-3866.

Thank You
Limited Too Customer Service

Um, YEAH, I got that part... that's what I was complaining about. :mad:

So I sent a fairly nasty reply to them, then filled out my complaint with the Attorney General's office. Ah, well....

I am ticked off about the TooBucks, too. I went today to shop and saw that a lot of items were 50% off today, so I was like sweet..I can FINALLY use my Toobucks since the BOGO the whole store sale was over. Nope.

It's ridiculous. They are just like the Gymboree gymbucks..and Gymboree doesn't say hey, you can't use your gymbucks. You earned the coupon, they let you use your coupon! Why L2 doesn't get that concept is beyond me. :confused3 Or Kohls with the Kohls cash..you earn the Kohls cash, you can spend the Kohls cash!! Those are the only examples I can think of, I am sure there are more...

I received the following response to my complaint:

Thank you for contacting Limited Too in regards to your recent store experience. On behalf of Limited Too, we apologize for any frustration and inconveniences you may have experienced in this situation. Open communication, such as yours encourages us to improve the quality of our business and to give you the level of service you expect and deserve.

While we are unable to change the promotion guidelines, we will certainly ensure your comments and feedback are shared with corporate leadership and partners.

Again, thank you for contacting Limited Too and for expressing your concerns. As a valued customer, we appreciate your feedback. We hope that you will hope that you will enjoy future shopping experiences with Limited Too.

Limited Too Customer Service

Ok, I will be sending a complaint to BBB and Attorney General's. They shouldn't "upsell" like this and then not honor the bucks.

I also sent an email regarding the Too Bucks. On top of that, I received an email this morning about my order from 2 weeks ago that is now on backorder! Didn't they know that when they accepted my order? I thought I was finished Christmas shopping!!!

I am finished with this company (and Justice also). I've been shopping 77 kids (American Eagle). Free shipping and you can return at AE stores.

Okay I now understand the problem about the too bucks!! :) Thanks for explaining, everyone. I hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction!

This sale has been going on almost all month. I went to use my bucks too last weekend and this sale was going on. I was so mad that I couldn't use them, I'm mad that I drove out there just to use them and couldn't. I e mailed them too.

The more I think about it the madder I get. :mad:

Every other store, they let you use the bucks you earn. Why bother doing the promo if you refuse to honor it? Heck, when Kohls does their bucks they could quite possibly LOSE a lot of money when people redeem. Because last I checked with KohlsCash, you could have a $20 KohlsCash $ and you can use it on a $20.01 purchase, and walk out just paying tax and getting $20 of stuff free...Kohls understands, it's to get people in the door and they made their $$ on the first purchase. Win some, lose some!

Limited Too isn't even that bad, so even though you are selling stuff at a discount you aren't giving the stuff away. I had $100 in Limited Too bucks to use. I would have had to spend $200, and get $100 off, but they still got $100 more of my money this season. I am so annoyed I am not buying anything else. So they lost a $100 sale. Smart thinking, L2!!! :mad:

Has anyone received a response from there emails to them? I am not holding my breath. Bad customer service that they are not emailing us back.

I sent them an e-mail asking that they extend the expiration date and allow us to use it on all items, including sales. Here's what I wrote:

I am writing to express my frustration that I am unable to use my Limited Too Bucks. My daughter just turned 9 and is beginning to get excited about the clothes at Limited Too and Justice. I bought her clothes for her birthday at both stores, and specifically made a point to purchase over $50 worth at each location in order to receive my Too Bucks.

I was led to believe that making a purchase last month would give me something special--a discount at a future date. Unfortunately that promise was not delivered. I realize that the current sale is a good value, but it's available to everyone. Where is the reward I was supposed to receive for making a purchase last month?

I hope that you will extend the expiration date of all Too Bucks and Justice Bucks so customers will be able to use them, and will be able to use them on all clothing items, including sale items. I feel let down by your company. I fulfilled my end of the bargain by making a $55 purchase last month (about $20 more than I had intended to buy). Please fulfill your end of the bargain now.

I sent them an e-mail asking that they extend the expiration date and allow us to use it on all items, including sales. Here's what I wrote:

I am writing to express my frustration that I am unable to use my Limited Too Bucks. My daughter just turned 9 and is beginning to get excited about the clothes at Limited Too and Justice. I bought her clothes for her birthday at both stores, and specifically made a point to purchase over $50 worth at each location in order to receive my Too Bucks.

I was led to believe that making a purchase last month would give me something special--a discount at a future date. Unfortunately that promise was not delivered. I realize that the current sale is a good value, but it's available to everyone. Where is the reward I was supposed to receive for making a purchase last month?

I hope that you will extend the expiration date of all Too Bucks and Justice Bucks so customers will be able to use them, and will be able to use them on all clothing items, including sale items. I feel let down by your company. I fulfilled my end of the bargain by making a $55 purchase last month (about $20 more than I had intended to buy). Please fulfill your end of the bargain now.

Thats sounds great. Let's hope you get a response to your email.

It sounds as if there is no consistancy between stores. I was in our store Thursday to use my Too Bucks and saw the signs for the 50% off. I asked what I was supposed to do with my coupons and they gave me 60% off when I used my Too Bucks. It was better than what you all are reporting.
I have just started shopping there but it looks like it will be short lived if I can't figure it out.

I was just going there tomorrow to use my Two Bucks. Maybe I should call first and see what they are doing. I could just as easily go somewhere else.

I was just going there tomorrow to use my Two Bucks. Maybe I should call first and see what they are doing. I could just as easily go somewhere else.
Our LDT is offering 40% off now so I just used my Bucks instead of getting the 40%. It's a shame what they are doing!!!

When I was in on Friday they gave me 60% off instead of the 50% off that was happening in the store, but I had to surrender my Too Bucks.

They are still good online also.

They are closing their doors and taking the name "Justice" in January. At this point, you can not use your "Too Bucks" at Justice, but the sales associate at Justice told me that she believes you will be able to use them at Justice in January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter