Limited Too Bucks... why bother?

descovy

DIS Veteran
:confused3

I have 2 sets of Limited Too bucks, $25 off $50 until 12/24 and a smaller one due later.

So I went in today to get things for Christmas. My kids love Limited Too but no way I would pay retail for that stuff... especially since my p/t job at Target alerts me for some pretty sweet clearance deals!

The *whole store* is 50% off, okay pretty reasonable... but of course 50% off *or* use Limited Too bucks. Not combine both.

So what's the point? Why did they offer the Too bucks, like last month, and continue to offer them today? At most I could save $25 of a $50 (or more!) purchase... or just get anything as much or as little for a flat 50% off.

Btw... They even sent me a catalog with a coupon for 30% off. Yeah, so I can "choose" to use a coupon for 30% off, or go in w/o a coupn and get 50%

Again, I say, why do they even bother? (sigh)

Maybe they want to expand their customer base to includes shoppers who do/did not get, or are/were not eligible for Too Bucks.

Maybe they know that Too Bucks such as the one you have gets customers (who already shop there so like the product) to spend more.

Maybe the 50% off sale wasn't planned; or maybe it's for a limited time while the Too Bucks are good for what, a month or so?

Maybe it's just marketing.

I wrote their customer services to complain about this. I hope you do the same.

When I went to Lim2 in October, I purchased more items, because the sales person said I needed $x to get to the next bonus bucks category. When I went to redeem them, I was told the BOGO or 50% off sale is much better. She even told me to throw the bucks away. I had gift cards to use, but I felt taken by their sales strategy. I also have after Christmas bucks, but I don't think I'll use them. I don't want to give them my business, if this is their way of doing it.

It's because they were losing money big time. I agree it ticked me off too, but I can see why they stopped taking both. Poor planing on their part.:rolleyes:

I thought the Limited too stores were closing? :confused3

You'd think they would just want to get rid of inventory and really mark stuff down.

:) Michele

I was in Justice 4 Girls and the sales person told me they are doing a lot of new things in 2009. They are combining their two store chains (justice and limited too) into one keeping the Justice name. The girl seemed really excited. They are keeping some of the Limited Too branded items and will be able to offer a more extended range of sizes. All coupons for Limited Too would still be honored.

Justice & Limited Too are merging at the end of January according to our local stores. Limited Too will be no more..

It's just like stores that offer "B1G1 for $1.00" sales and people think they are amazing and then the next week each is 50% off the retail sticker. It's just marketing trying to fool people into shopping.

I guess I don't understand the complaint in the OP...with the too bucks you would get 50% off ONE purchase of $50, but with the current sale you can get 50% off any purchase, whether it's less or more than $50. :confused3 So isn't the current sale better for you or at least the same as if you used your too bucks?

I guess I don't understand the complaint in the OP...with the too bucks you would get 50% off ONE purchase of $50, but with the current sale you can get 50% off any purchase, whether it's less or more than $50. :confused3 So isn't the current sale better for you or at least the same as if you used your too bucks?

When limited too and Justice first started this sale they allowed you to use the coupon on top of the Buy1get1 sale. So say you bought 2 things for $50 you got one free plus another 30% off on that, making your $100 worth of merchandise $35 (I think I did the math right:rolleyes1 ). The OPs complaint is that she spent extra to get these 2 bucks that are suppose to be used now and wants to use them on top of her 50% off making her $100 worth of merchandise $25 (again if I did the math correct ;) ). The reason they stopped taking the too bucks and coupons during this promo is because they were in a sense giving things away. On the coupons and Too bucks it does state that they cannot be used with any other promos.

I hope all that made sense, it's getting late.:headache:

I was also told if I spent $x.xx more I would get another Too Bucks, so we bought a couple things of candy (which we didn't need). I did spend 2 of my 4 bucks online because it was not B1G1 or 50% off at the time. The next time I went online I used the coupon for 30% which was actually 50%. I don't usually buy clothes here, but they had a couple things I liked, some that were on sale, and with the discounts I thought why not. When I originally got these bucks my DD10 was using a gift card and buying Webkinz B1G1. I was able to go in to the store once and use a coupon for 30% and the B1G1, but I haven't been back in one of their stores since. I think they should make a policy and stick with it. Personally I think you should be able to use the too bucks with the 50% sale, at least if your purchase after 50% is still over $50. But I don't think they should make you feel like you should spend more money to get more bucks, esp if you can't use them.

When I went shopping in L2 during the earn-Too-Bucks-promo, I earned 4 Too Bucks. Later that day I returned a few things (found WAY less expensive pegged pants at The Children's Place) anyway when I returned the items I asked the sales associate if she's like one of the Too Bucks back and she said no. At the time I thought how sweet she was but now I ma guessing she knew that the store was going 50% off. :laughing:

I can't even find anything to buy in store or online. My DD wears a 12 slim and the outfit I wanted to get her for christmas is not online and not in her size in the stores. It seems mine is basically just trying to move inventory as fast as it can. I am a pretty loyal customer but they just don't have much selection. If you want half sizes there are tons of those but the slims not so much. We are limited as to where we can shop due to her size and I hate sears and pennys clothes so don't even bother going in there ever. I sure hope they switch my ltd2 credit card to the justice one and I also hope that the clothes at justice aren't crap. I am pretty particular on the things I will buy my kids and she just isnt even close to a jrs size yet.

I thought the Limited too stores were closing? :confused3

You'd think they would just want to get rid of inventory and really mark stuff down.

:) Michele
On the other hand, it's possible that despite closing/merging, they'd still like to sell as much inventory as possible at the highest net price possible - so they can, for example, pay stockholder dividends, pay rent, pay salaries....

I agree it was poor planning because they were still giving out L2 bucks just before thanksgiving. They did push me to buy more to get the cards but since they did not have they restrictions they have now and I got 30% off on top and they let me apply to movies and music. I got amazing bargains for DD including DVDs that are about $24 for under $10 a piece. I also got the same b1g1 at Justice for girls on BF. The fun cards run until February so I'll save those for some spring clothes.

I haven't shopped at LTD2 for a few years, as my DD's are older now, but I'm pretty sure I used to use their Too Bucks on any items in the store, whether it was on sale or not.

My DD's used to make out pretty good when I used the Too Bucks on sale items. Actually, I never pay full retail anywhere, so I can just about guarantee this is the way it used to be done. I believe you could also use a percentage off coupon in addition.

Too bad it's changed.

When they were giving out the TooBucks they were very good at saying If you spend xx amount more dollars, you'll get a TooBuck to use later. Well alot of us spent that extra $$ expecting to be able to use the TooBuck. I know thats how they have always done this promo but I feel now that we aren't able to use them (even with the current B1G1) that they were being dishonest. I would have never spent that extra money in the first place in order to get those TooBucks. I will also be writing corporate. My LTD2 is one that is converting to Justice but I don't plan on shopping with them.

For me, it's not which deal would be better (too bucks or 50%), it's the fact that I specifically upped my purchase last month in order to receive the bucks, which are now worthless. I bought from both Limited Too and Justice and was under the impression that my purchase would give me something special that others were not receiving. Instead, what was supposed to be a reward for purchasing in the past became valueless.

I just sent my email; I'm sure nothing will happen, but I feel better. It's deceptive marketing to sell a coupon that will be essentially worthless.

I also was really ticked off. I am in there all of the time and have many bucks that can not be used. I did ask the manager and she told me that the sales were so bad that the company added this which was not planned. Yes, 50% off is a good sale but when you buy more stuff to reach that number to get these bucks, why bother. I am also going to email them right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter